GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

doctors and anes providers allowed to be disrespectful
RN-Pre-op, PACU (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMAugust 24, 2018
Biggest problem was that doctors and anesthesia providers were allowed to slander nurses and others, they literally talked about how 'stupid" other professionals are while in the OR. Management at the time did nothing to support or stand behind nurses or put a stop to the disrespectful and unprofessional behavior. I am unsure how to rate the CEO, but I can tell you, as a 26 year employee of GRMC, she did not talk to me herself about why I left. In my exit interview, the HR person said that it did bother the CEO to see an employee of this length of time resign.
Pros
great pto and sick policy
Cons
work load was not distributed evenly between pre, intra and post op
employees were awesome management was horrable
Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (AMT) (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NM 88061July 14, 2018
coworkers were awesome, managements had its up and downs. sometimes hard to work for. Never could please management they were always changing the rules .
na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NM 88061June 27, 2018
Gila Regional used to be a great hospital but has since declined with the hire of a new CEO. This place is no longer about patients and all about money.
Pros
Cons
many
Team based approach
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 27, 2018
Gila Regional is a great place to work. I started working here at age 19 and have had the opportunity to advance. I started in the lab as a phlebotomist and have worked my way up to a nurse.
It was fine
Registered Nurse, Med/Surge (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMMarch 15, 2018
You came to work and had your assignments, had to get organized and be ready for report. It was a pretty serious environment and for an introvert it was more difficult to create positive relationships with peers. I was there for a new nurse internship so it was pretty strict in every way.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Do not make mistakes
Very low moral
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMFebruary 26, 2018
Not Good! Moral is down, pay is lousy, yet the new Administration is getting raises! Too much nit picking and in fighting amongst coworkers. You re told to do something then questioned as to why you did it. Now very happy with this place lately.
Preparing financial statements, closing day, month
Controller (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMOctober 24, 2017
Rural community hospital owned by the county. I worked there over 25 years in positions of increasing responsibility with great success, supervising a staff of five Accounts Payable, Payroll and Accounting positions. At times, had responsibility for Business Office, Materials Management/Purchasing, Utilization Review, Health Information Management, Dining Services Departments. Also spearheading Revenue Cycle and other Cost Containment Committees, sitting on Administrative Team.
Pros
Family type atmosphere
Cons
Little advancement opportunity
declining career advancement
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMOctober 16, 2017
Recent lay-offs, downsizing of hospital staff and beds make employees concerned for stability of hospital, plus a lot of recent bad PR in the community has our community concerned about management and growth of hospital
Enjoy the outdoors.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMSeptember 26, 2017
Working at Gila Regional Medical Center was wonderful. It has a lot of things to do outdoor. Walking, climbing, picnic and nature watching. Wonderful weather. Nice place to retired.
Pros
Friendly workers.
Cons
Some what isolater.
overall wonderful place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMApril 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work, but not a lot of job security. The clinical staff is awesome and most of the admin are good to work with. lots of changes happening though.

It is a fast paced environment

they have had a LOT of turnover (fired a lot of loyal people)

3 different CEOs in 3 years. ... and a board whos members dont always have the patient and the staff in mind
Pros
20% discount on food, and awesome people to work with.
Cons
lots of turn over
Small town politics
Other (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMFebruary 3, 2017
Too many people in upper management that have their little clicks and outsiders be warned they DO NOT care if they do things right or wrong as long as it is done the way it's always been done.
Mismanaged to death.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Patient Centered and Quality focused
Director of Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 6, 2017
Working at Gila Regional is a great place to work. The people and leader genuinely care about each other. While not everyday is easy, I have enjoyed the 5 years that I have worked there. The Mission is to be the Best Place to Receive Care, Work and Practice Medicine. This is truly the goal of the organization everyday.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Discounted Lunches, Discounted Gym Membership, Leadership Training, 4 gentle seasons, slower more relaxed small town environment.
Cons
County Owned Limitations, Small Town with limited services.
Excellent senior management
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMJune 30, 2015
Mgt is very approachable and helpful. They are currently implementing a strong six sigma culture and improving the way healthcare is managed
N/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver City NMMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed working with the residents that I took care of. On the shift I worked it was enjoyable to work with the crew that I did, we were very team orientated and worked really well together.
Friendly work environment
Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (AMT) (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMFebruary 20, 2015
Friendly work atmosphere and patient centered care is number 1.We treat all patients and visitors with the respect and proper treatment.
I enjoyed going to work as I believe I have yet to experience a work day in my career
Executive Assistant CNO/COO (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMAugust 19, 2014
I enjoy the interactions of my bosses, co-workers and all those who cross my path on daily basises.
I enjoy being part of a team to resolve issues.
I have been very fortunate to be given task and able to run with them.
I have learned how to be an effective Manager, pro's and con's.
I enjoy multi tasking and have become a pro with juggling appointments/schedules to fit everyone's needs
Pros
Interacting with multi cultures, Benefits, Growing personally, spiritually and career
Small community with strong community ties
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  medical surgical floorAugust 18, 2014
GRMC is a great place to start your nursing career. Unfortunately opportunities for growth are limited. A small community hospital serving the southwest corner of New Mexico with strong family ties and strong community links. If you like a friendly small town with outdoor recreational opportunities, this is a great place to live and work.
Pros
close-knit, family ties and friendly work environment
Cons
rumor, gossip, typical small-town atmosphere
GRMC is an excellent home health care provider that meets all the goals for health providers.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMMay 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part was to share with multi-cultural population that had improve my interpersonal skills and communications
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
The need to travel far away and not fairly cover your traveling expensives.
Enjoyable job with a staff that is fun to work with
Perinatal Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMDecember 30, 2013
I am a person that is on time for work and works when I get there. I enjoy have a fun work environment. I am always willing to learn new things and willing to help with tasks. I have my CPR certification and CNA certification. I recently graduated with my Occupational Therapy Assistant Associates Degree from Western New Mexico University and am studying to take my COTA board exam with in the next 2 1/2 months.
Pros
Good working environment
Fast pace billing department
A/R Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMOctober 15, 2013
Daily duties included billing out medical claims, appealing denied claims, and making sure claims were filed and paid correctly in timely manner. Management in our office was very knowledgeable a was very helpful when I needed answers. Most co-workers worked as a team within their specified billing area and this helped even out the work loads in some areas. The hardest part of the job was making sure all documentation was kept and not destroyed by other workers for proof of filing and appealing claim processes. The thing I enjoyed most was working with different insurances and representatives to file claims and get payments for daily hospital encounters.
Pros
Flexability in department, good benefits, 401k plan.
Cons
shortage on staff, small or no pay raises, slightly higher insurance costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GILA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about