Gilbarco Employee Reviews

Fun place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
Pay is good. Good place to work at. They do not hire workers. Benefits not good for temp workers. I would like to work perm with this company but they do not hire temp workers.
I loved this job. Not a secure income job
Electronics Assembler / Tester (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 15, 2018
I have always loved electronics. When I was employed at Gilbarco I literally couldn’t wait to get to work. This was my first professional job, and I was fascinated with the work. The people were friendly, including the management. The problem with this company was the trend to work a lot of overtime, fill the warehouse, and then lay off hundreds of employees
Pros
Great compensation, safe work environment.
Cons
Frequent company lay offs
Hard work but good compensation.
Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2018
Worked hard and sometimes had long hours.I learned a lot about software and testing in the lab.The management seemed very knowledgeable.The hardest part was learning new things, but we had lots of classes to teach you the new tasks.
Pros
good pay and benefits
productive
Mailroom, sorter, delivery (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2018
It was very rewarding to work there and working with employees was exciting. I would love to work there again some day. The people I worked with were very helpful
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
7 years in...
Level II Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2018
Love my job, love my co-workers (most of them)... high drama in certain departments (not mine). HR management has become very strict about attendance, etc., but it was a necessary change. You're building GAS PUMPS so it's imperative that you take your job seriously! HR needs much improvement in their assembly hiring process... stop hiring people who see the job as a social hook-up! Hire people who will take their job seriously!!
Starting in Spring the hours increase greatly... really cuts into your family time, but management doesn't care... it's all about their quarterly bonuses. So if you need the money, can obey directions, keep your mouth shut and head down, but enjoy a manufacturing environment then this is the place for you. Again, I love my job, I'm just not thrilled with the management politics.
Worst place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 27, 2017
Id rather work at Taco Bell. HR has 3 people for 25 employees, they short you on breaks, write you up for anything. Just do yourself a favor and look else where for work and skip ANGI.
Cons
Short breaks, forced overtime at the last min
Good place to work as an assembler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2017
The work was steady, however, I was employed there for a short period of time. Would liked to have been there longer. The environment was very profession, clean and management was good.
Pros
Good enviroment to work
Cons
Distance from home/ long drive
good place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 27, 2017
good company to work for. Even as a consultant they let us use the company perks. I was a W2 contract employee but was allowed to use all the perks granted to full time employees.
Pros
good woring conditions
Cons
high security job
A lot to be desired
Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2017
Management staff is young and inexperienced which leads to unfair business practices. Definitely not good for making reasonable accommodations for medical or family issues, this is great....if you have no family or other responsibilities. Would not recommend this company to anyone as there is no work-life balance. Yearly there is an employee survey but since no one really works to make things better you get the same issues year after year. No trust in management or HR throughout the entire organization
Pros
Peers are great to work with
Cons
Management, HR team not helpful
Roadhouse Environment
(Contract) - Desktop Support Analyst Tier 3 (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Lots of stubborn know-it-alls.
Management implements projects and procedures without consulting the employees that will be most affected, only adding to the stress.
Highly unorganized and unprofessional environment.
Company and team events are good. Cafeteria onsite but pricey.

Want to know more about Gilbarco?

Ask a question
A day at work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Typically my shift would start at 5:30pm and i would just stand at my station on line and put my part on and just repeat the process until it's time to get off.
Great Place to work
Pallet jack/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Amazing management/Friendly environment/Good pay/ long hours/
union is a bit tough since if you don't make the seniority list you are laid off....
Cons
Layoff
Plenty of Work
Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
plenty of work to be done which will generate a good income but it is plenty of work because management is not really doing a good job of managing the employees
Employees that are doing their job are under appreciated and not recognized
Advancement only seems to apply to men especially white men
There seems to little regard for the respect of people with different cultures especially their clients and management seems to participate
Pros
work always seem to be available if you need the money
Cons
under appreciated for all the work you do and advancement is bias
Great place to work!
Tier II Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2016
The Gilbarco/Danaher (currently NewCo) is a great company for which to work. They are on the cutting edge of new technology and the customer satisfaction drives the business in a positive direction for both the longevity of the business and insuring that customers will return. The advancement opportunity within this corporation is also very high. There are constantly new positions that are being viewed and filled. Speaking with the HR personnel and CEO, they lean heavily on promoting employees from within as opposed to hiring someone new. This being said, if one is hired within this company, it can be a long-lasting career. Great place to be. Positive attitudes. Great pay. Benefits. Company functions. Discounts at local retailers. What more to say of Gilbarco/Danaher than IT IS THE PLACE TO BE!
Great Company
Secure Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Great company, with lots of positions for learning. Good for the employee that doesn't mind working every single day of the week. This company has many departments that an employee can learn many things from.
Sales environment very productive, fastpace
Project Administrator/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2015
Learned how to start a project from the budget aspect to actually closing out the project and present to management. Staff was very helpful with helping find resources needed to complete job task.
Very Political!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2015
I worked at Gilbarco for 2 years and I must say it is the most politically charged place I have ever worked in. You are overworked, under appreciated and if you are not a butt kisser you are screwed. You have to watch your back and trust no one. Full of two faced liars where no one is held accountable for not providing you the support you need to do your job. Most stressful job I have ever had! Co. not wiling to embrace change or accept new ideas.
Pros
The Cafeteria, good benefits
Cons
Political, Butt kissing work environment, good old boy mentality
Worked there briefly.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2014
Call center environment. Worked third shift and it was always slow at night and boring.
morale poor
tech (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Employees struggle w/work life balance. Most difficult part of the job was long hours, and no recognition for work completed,.
Pros
good team
Cons
Good place to work, if working on their primary product.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2014
Working on other than primary product can put some risk in advancement and job security.
Company goes out of their way to provide opportunity for education advancement or continue education.
Co-workers are team oriented and enjoy working together for product advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilbarco. Our community is ready to answer.