Gilbarco Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
FP&A Accountant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2019
High turn over rate, leading to managers dumping multiple people's jobs on individuals plates. You may be expected to do 2 or more peoples jobs, stay until complete and be used as an escape goat when the company fails at anything. Managers will try taking over your job when they have no earthly clue how to do so, they will screwbit up along with the relationships you've built and expect you to fix. They have implemented a system that essentially doesn't work causing issues for the valued customers and additional work for the staff. My suggestion unless this is your last resort go elsewhere for employment. You might actually find more enjoyment from flipping burgers then working in this sinking ship of sharks.
Pros
Cafeteria, health care and vacation
Cons
management, workload, long hours including weekends especially for salary employeed
Terrible
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJanuary 20, 2019
I recommend everyone that is seeing this review as a warning! do not apply for the Catlow inc in Tipp city, OH. they are very unprofessional, unorganized, unappreciative, and lack in communication. Management is awful they keep an eye on you on everything you do.

please beware do not work for this company due yourself a favor and work for someone else
Pros
nothing
Cons
Hard work but good compensation.
Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2018
Worked hard and sometimes had long hours.I learned a lot about software and testing in the lab.The management seemed very knowledgeable.The hardest part was learning new things, but we had lots of classes to teach you the new tasks.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Enjoyed
ERP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Gilbarco. The assignment was completed. They had no more work. I wanted to be hired, However they were not hiring anyone. I m am grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
incentive
Cons
no opportuinty to hire
I loved this job. Not a secure income job
Electronics Assembler / Tester (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 15, 2018
I have always loved electronics. When I was employed at Gilbarco I literally couldn’t wait to get to work. This was my first professional job, and I was fascinated with the work. The people were friendly, including the management. The problem with this company was the trend to work a lot of overtime, fill the warehouse, and then lay off hundreds of employees
Pros
Great compensation, safe work environment.
Cons
Frequent company lay offs
Not enough time to learn
na (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 11, 2018
I was given 60 days to learn the job and then told to stop asking questions. Manager was a horrible trainer so questions kept coming. I got my walking papers.
7 years in...
Level II Machinist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2018
Love my job, love my co-workers (most of them)... high drama in certain departments (not mine). HR management has become very strict about attendance, etc., but it was a necessary change. You're building GAS PUMPS so it's imperative that you take your job seriously! HR needs much improvement in their assembly hiring process... stop hiring people who see the job as a social hook-up! Hire people who will take their job seriously!!
Starting in Spring the hours increase greatly... really cuts into your family time, but management doesn't care... it's all about their quarterly bonuses. So if you need the money, can obey directions, keep your mouth shut and head down, but enjoy a manufacturing environment then this is the place for you. Again, I love my job, I'm just not thrilled with the management politics.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 4, 2018
I worked on the assembly line then went to the machine shop and learned to run all the machines. That included drill presses, milling machines and semi-automatic chuckers.
Pros
Cons
no cons
Fun place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
Pay is good. Good place to work at. They do not hire workers. Benefits not good for temp workers. I would like to work perm with this company but they do not hire temp workers.
Country values collide
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 22, 2018
they ended up having me shut down 3 locations in the united states,
after having been there for 7 years. There was all kinds of wasteful spending that was classified as good for the business, but ended up being part of their down fall.
Pros
friendly
Cons
lack of proper supervision
Watch your back!!
Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 20, 2011
Gilbarco revenues are declining. Because of this fact, management does not put monies towards career advancement or training. Expect long hours of OJT.

Management tolerates brow-beating from co-workers as well as themselves in ongoing office politics.

Don't expect a raise, even if your performance review says satisfactory. Management will find some bogus flaw to not provide you with a raise.

Gilbarco was facing several lawsuits before I left.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
expect long hours 45-50 hours expected.
Plenty of Work
Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
plenty of work to be done which will generate a good income but it is plenty of work because management is not really doing a good job of managing the employees
Employees that are doing their job are under appreciated and not recognized
Advancement only seems to apply to men especially white men
There seems to little regard for the respect of people with different cultures especially their clients and management seems to participate
Pros
work always seem to be available if you need the money
Cons
under appreciated for all the work you do and advancement is bias
A lot to be desired
Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2017
Management staff is young and inexperienced which leads to unfair business practices. Definitely not good for making reasonable accommodations for medical or family issues, this is great....if you have no family or other responsibilities. Would not recommend this company to anyone as there is no work-life balance. Yearly there is an employee survey but since no one really works to make things better you get the same issues year after year. No trust in management or HR throughout the entire organization
Pros
Peers are great to work with
Cons
Management, HR team not helpful
productive
Mailroom, sorter, delivery (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2018
It was very rewarding to work there and working with employees was exciting. I would love to work there again some day. The people I worked with were very helpful
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Pallet jack/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Amazing management/Friendly environment/Good pay/ long hours/
union is a bit tough since if you don't make the seniority list you are laid off....
Cons
Layoff
Great place to work!
Tier II Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2016
The Gilbarco/Danaher (currently NewCo) is a great company for which to work. They are on the cutting edge of new technology and the customer satisfaction drives the business in a positive direction for both the longevity of the business and insuring that customers will return. The advancement opportunity within this corporation is also very high. There are constantly new positions that are being viewed and filled. Speaking with the HR personnel and CEO, they lean heavily on promoting employees from within as opposed to hiring someone new. This being said, if one is hired within this company, it can be a long-lasting career. Great place to be. Positive attitudes. Great pay. Benefits. Company functions. Discounts at local retailers. What more to say of Gilbarco/Danaher than IT IS THE PLACE TO BE!
Not a place for people with intelligence
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2012
This place is a trip! During your 60-day probationary period they can let you go for being a minute late coming off break or for whatever reason "they" feel will suffice. They don't take kindly to suggestions or ideas that may actually make a process run smoother. Women are basically bricks walls, none of management really acknowledges them, let alone speaks to even give as much as a "Good Morning". They only have something to say to you when they want something done. There is no real direction given as to what you're job is, what you should do if there is down-time, what they're looking for in an employee, etc. You'll walk around lost most of your day. The money is great, the hours are long, the work is SUPER easy, a 1st grader could catch on, but its very mundane. Pick it up, put it down, turn around (repeat). Management has no clue what they're doing, they say one thing and then turn around an hour later and say something totally different. They constantly threaten the new hires with lay-offs and termination during what they call "evaluations" and even before. During this time, no one let's you know whether you're doing a good job, what you need to work on...nothing. Your supervisor does the evaluation, turns it in. You never know what's said on it or even why you're being let go. They give you a line like, "We don't have enough work" and send you on your way.
Pros
a place to be to make money, cafeteria on site, easy work, paid weekly
Cons
long hours, high turnover rate on new hires, tough to get into union, lack of direction
Good place to work as an assembler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2017
The work was steady, however, I was employed there for a short period of time. Would liked to have been there longer. The environment was very profession, clean and management was good.
Pros
Good enviroment to work
Cons
Distance from home/ long drive
Very Political!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2015
I worked at Gilbarco for 2 years and I must say it is the most politically charged place I have ever worked in. You are overworked, under appreciated and if you are not a butt kisser you are screwed. You have to watch your back and trust no one. Full of two faced liars where no one is held accountable for not providing you the support you need to do your job. Most stressful job I have ever had! Co. not wiling to embrace change or accept new ideas.
Pros
The Cafeteria, good benefits
Cons
Political, Butt kissing work environment, good old boy mentality
Fun workplace
assembler1 (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 20, 2013
My experience at Gilbarco was one in which I learned the different aspects of the job, the management team was cooperative, the co-workers were enjoyable, the job was an enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilbarco. Our community is ready to answer.