Gildan Employee Reviews

You work very comfortable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 17, 2019
I considered it to be a good company and it gives opportunity to grow
Gildan
Scanner/Sorter (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2019
The supervisor of the 1st floor unprofeasional , I was a good worker they basically made me do everything while everyone else slacked off the whole shift so I dont even know why they have them their if all they do is hide in the bathroom. I was first shift and second shift didnt have a supervisor so they basically did nothing all day while first shift did all the labeling. There was 10 men in 2nd shift who sat there basically and get paid for nothing. They made the women in first shift do everything me including four other women and let the boys roam around doing nothing they never got in trouble or nothing. I liked working here i just didnt like how unfair they were to hard workers.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Poor management, alot of slackers they make you do all the work if your a good worker
Easy money
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 8, 2019
It was fun working with all of my co-workers at Gildan. I always had something to do and learned a lot but there was so much favoritism. Management was very unprofessional from leads to managers.
Pros
Light work
Cons
Unprofessional management
Bien
GERENTE LEGAL COMERCIAL (Former Employee) –  HONDURASDecember 29, 2018
Gildan Activewear Inc. es un fabricante canadiense de ropa de marca, que incluye ropa deportiva en blanco sin decorar, como camisetas, camisas deportivas y vellones, que luego son decorados por empresas de impresión de pantalla con diseños y logotipos
Machine operater
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCDecember 10, 2018
The place sucks from top to bottom, the supervisors are the worst. You are constantly pushed to make production no matter how bad your machines are running, lack of stock, or mechanical problems. The air quality is very poor and hot once you start working. You will not have a fair chance at advancement, and you can forget about a raise because your salary is locked in. Stay far away from this place!
benefits
Cons
everything
the jobs are very easy
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2018
It is a quiet but interesting work place, very friendly people and welcoming as well. Lots of rules on the floor but there are different jobs, everyone does not have the same work.
Pros
vending machines with food if you dont have lunch
Cons
only one break out of the 10 hours you work, no smoke breaks
Competive place to work
Picker/Packer / scanner (Former Employee) –  United statesNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed my two years at gildan. The people became my family .I only stayed ten minutes from this job.we got a chance to learn new things very often.I can truly say it broke my heart to hear that our plant was closing the doors for good as of July 30 2018.
fun place to work with energetic people
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 16, 2018
My time at gildan garmets was wonderful under the supervision of the supervisor on third floor.
companies management is excellent and understanding.
courtesy of the company for the lunch room- free coffee snacks.
Pros
Fast paced and easy
Cons
you can run out of work
Overall a perfect place to experience high level of international standards
3 Months (Former Employee) –  Newton Industrial Park, Christ Church, BB17047November 5, 2018
Working at Gildan was a great cultural experience.
There infrastructure and project management system was very organized. My duties were updating their comp cards for their apparel line and catalogs. Editing photos and creating e-blast collateral
Pros
Gaining experience to produce work at an international standard
Productive place/ great co workers
Power Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCNovember 5, 2018
Not much to say. Good benefits, fun people to work with, decent pay. past yr has been hectic, the company is growing therefore 50+ hrs a week. Strict on safety.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks
Learned a lot in my role. Worked for a couple really great managers and one not so great.
Forecast Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 2, 2018
Large company that does a good job not feeling like a large company. Individual contributions matter. Planning and forecasting are valued. Analytics used effectively to support data-driven decision making.
not dream job but it pays the bills
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCOctober 24, 2018
very fast pace work here for years. alot of ot required here so be prepared for mandatory lasting as long as six months to a year. but if you like to work your life away then this is the place for you. and in doing so the checks will be well for it but still no home life.
Fast Pace and goal oriented facility
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2018
Great company to work at for people who gets satisfied with meeting deadlines. HR management is pleasant.Overtime is possible, especially during the holidays and summer. I started as a material handler and worked my way up towards QA.
Pros
Hr, Food, Safety Management
Cons
co-workers
work alone
Spinner Operator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 9, 2018
keep your machines running with out yarn ball up, keeping up with the time to know when each machine will stop and start.. the hardest part of the job is making sure at all times there is no machine stopped and you is responsible to run 2-3 machines at one time. the most important thing about the job is to always work safe and use ppe at all times
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks and lunch
Material Handler
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCOctober 5, 2018
Load and unload trucks, and made sure that it was put away properly in the warehouse. Gathered orders for customers. Made sure that shipping labels were done.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Does not care about life outside of work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarkton, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Management is awful. They shoot from the hoop in their decision making process. Shift supervisors constantly threaten you with your job despite your performance.
Steady work with great atmosphere and managers.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 19, 2018
My day started at 6 am and went to 3 pm. My job included using a hand held computer wand, and then unpacking pallets of merchandise and then putting the items in the proper bays. It was hard work and at times was extremely busy, but the management was really the best part; they were always appreciative of us all working hard and they generally left you alone to do your job. However, if you needed anything at all they were always there and always helpful.
Pros
Management was great; nice co-workers.
Cons
Early start time and low pay.
nice and fast pace at times
Sorter operator (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Gildan was slow at times unless we get a lot of orders than its fast pace and working with the right people make it a great workplace. I hate that I don't work there anymore but I would go back and work for Gildan again.
Fast paced work place
Spinning Operator (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Gildan has a lot of good benifits the pay is good hours are good the work place is heat climate not controlled. Fingers and hands repetitive work. Also get to work in different other areas to train.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Spinner crewler (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Gildan Yarns was an absolute amazing company to work for. Very family orientated company great teamwork and my supervisor was very understanding when I got sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gildan. Our community is ready to answer.