Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Gilead-taking a turn for the better
Director (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 2, 2018
Overall great benefits package. Busy and challenging environment. Good workplace culture but dependent on the department and team you are working with.
Pros
Commuter buses to various routes in the Bay Area, Benefits package. ERGs-diversity and inclusion.
Cons
Bi-annual performance cycle. Once a year is sufficient if you have weekly/regular 1:1s.
Not a typical bay area company.
Financial Analyst II, Procure to Pay (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 28, 2018
still operates as a typical old school firm. no wfh opportunity, a lot of red and resistance to change. no free meals only subsidized. no gym reimbursements.
Great company
Hepatitis C- Liver Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
Great company to work for with good benefits. Was able to launch a new medication in New York City which was very exciting. I left to relocate to Chicago.
Good work satisfaction
Study Coordinator/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2018
Ability to approach supervisors. Freedom to talk with those in the know. Provides training classes. Sable work environment. Nice office space. Good pay.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Work load heavy.
Excellent Company
Director, Medical Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
Fast paced and very nimble organization with a mission and drive to succeed. Excellent culture and very smart and talented employees make the company and excellent place to be.
Demanding but fulfilling work culture
Sr. Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 13, 2018
Often requires demanding hours and is an intense work environment but rewards with good compensation, benefits, career development, and resource groups.
Pros
ERGs and Communities, Career Development classes, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
A great place to learn what your made of in a pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry
Mechanically inclined machine operator (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 5, 2018
My favorite place to work by far! Management is awesome and training is thorough. I would like nothing more than to continue my career and advance my knowledge with Gilead. The only problem is I didn’t have any experience coming in, so I needed to work as a contractor first. On the other hand, now that I have all the experience and confidence to work in the pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry, I shall hope that returning to Gilead sciences is in my future endeavors.
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 27, 2018
Working at Gilead was very interesting. I was able to learn a lot and enjoy a lot. My supervisors were very helpful in answering my queries. I got to learn new softwares in scheduling.
Excellent workplace culture and benefits
Therapeutic Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
Gilead was an employer that rewarded high performers and constantly trained employees as the healthcare field changed. I learned a lot about client engagement and how to better differentiate yourself as a representative who uses a consultative approach to selling.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Occasionally too process driven
Hard working Team
Senior Associate, CDM (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 22, 2018
Excellent group to learn CMO management and API manufacturing
dedicated team and good work environment
Management team is well experienced and good at mentoring
long work hours (office & home)
Cut throat
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 22, 2018
Employees watch each other. Will try to undermine each other. Do not feel managers are up to par for the job. Enjoyed some interactions but as a whole the experience was not very pleasant.
Pros
Met some really awesome employees. Most were very helpful. Definite room for growth.
Cons
Too much backstabbing. Long commute from San Francisco
Associate Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 22, 2018
Staff is very friendly. I would work their again given the opportunity as a contractor or a FTE. I look forward to future work opportunity at Gilead.
Place is ok
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAOctober 19, 2018
Working here was good at first but after a few months it started to get pretty tedious. Work/life balance was not good at all, you practically live there.
A great company to work with!!
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 17, 2018
I work as a contractor with Gilead Sciences. As a contractor, my experience at Gilead Sciences has been pretty good. Being with Lab Information Systems, the work is pretty fast paced. There is always something to do which is great.
Pros
Friendly and flexible environment
Cons
Gilead rarely converts contractors to full timers.
Friendly work environment with fun loving colleagues
PeopleSoft HRMS Techno/Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 16, 2018
Everyday work environment was very friendly and had new challenge to work on. After each and every challenge the knowledge was shared among to team mates to enhance the skills.
Very Good Place with a fair work culture
MSSQL DBA and MSBI/ POWER BI (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2018
In the Gilead full time and contractor are treated as same and there were no discrimination at all in the work.

And Gilead has provided Very good scopes to learn and grow.

Worked as a DBA and MSBI to manage over all SQL Databases and created reports and Integration packages using SSIS to automate many of the manual works.
Pros
Good work life balance and good environment for work.
Cons
Na
When I worked for Gilead they only has two drugs that supported HIV/AIDS and now they drugs that support live diseases - Hematology/oncology - Cardi
Account Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 14, 2018
When I started work at Gilead because they were so small at the time I was able to wear many hats on the finance department. I learns so much at AR, AP & GL as well as working with HR and legal on employee relocation packages on housing.
Lean culture what demands much of its employees
Paralegal I (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 10, 2018
Gilead is a great company, and does amazing things to help patients with many diseases live longer. The work culture is one of working non stop. The demand the most out of there employees being a lean company. The perks at Gilead are great. Lunch cafeteria in multiple buildings, a gym, benefits are 2nd to none.
Pros
lunches are cheap
Cons
Lean company, lots of work
Never time to improve
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 4, 2018
Gilead is so fast paced they are always chasing their tail. They are so lean to the point where it is hurting the business and the people keeping it afloat. At that point I say it is no longer lean but rather anorexic. Gilead will need to start investing inward if they want to turn the corner and become a more stable and well-balanced company. Until then there will continue to be burnout, high turnover, and complacency with "good enough".
Pros
Fulfilling work
Cons
Stressful, unbalanced, disorganized
fast pace, challenging, and lots to learn
Packaging Technician(Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 4, 2018
A great place to develop work skills, with a willingness to learn and accept challenges that comes on any given day. Focus on
team efforts and comradery.
Pros
free bagels and fruits
Cons
hard to get permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilead Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight