Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Working at Gilead
Metadata Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 22, 2019
The workplace is okay and some of the managers are not goal oriented.

It was fun to work in the metadata management space and the colleagues are very knowledgable.

Few resources are yet to be worked on their skillset.
Amazing company to intern with that gave me plenty of oppertunities
EHS Intern (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMarch 18, 2019
I would arrive at my internship between 6-8am. I was given an independent project to work on during my three month tenure. I learned how to be efficient with my time and I learned when I needed to find out answers on my own and also when I needed to ask my co-workers and managers for help. Everyone in my department was a pleasure to work with and they had a great "family" feel among each other. I really enjoyed showing up to work and learning something new everyday while being challenged to build upon what I already knew. The hardest part was getting responses from other employees that were not in my department because everyone is very busy.
Pros
Long breaks, cafeteria, friendy environment
fair
Sr. QA Manager, Commercial QA (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2019
micromanaged company, no direction, fear driving factor and poor upper management. Learn as you go as there is no communication between internal staff
What I learned
Analyst / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 15, 2019
Gilead does a good job letting you work on many different projects, but there is no company culture that promotes a sense of satisfaction or fulfillment at work.
great place to work
Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 5, 2019
exemplary company/science and people. Entire division worked to develop sales and relationships with the right providers. great management team who listened to ideas and tried to work with me
Pros
people science salary stock plan
Cons
failed to develop new CV/pulm products and other products fell off patent life
Ok
Deep Learning Intern (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 3, 2019
Summer internship is a fun period. Lot of events and meet ups. But have to build a project and present a poster at the end of the internship. So be prepared
Pros
Events, Food Trucks, Commute
Great Opportunity
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Great work environment to commit to. The work/ life balance was decent. the compensation/benefits were competitive.. Job security and advancement was great.
Expanding a lot
Quality Assurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 22, 2019
The company is expanding and building new offices and remodeling many buildings. They have good cafeterias and many options for all. They usually have happy hour on Fridays.
My review
Clinical Data Associate II (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 20, 2019
Laid off due to no work. I worked as a contract employee. I worked as DM support and a remote employee. Overall had a good experience during my short time there.
avoid if possible
Research Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Gilead is run like a POW camp with leaders who have no respect for the rank and file. Unreasonable demands to cut corners and sharp, abusive treatment is in store for those who question management's orders.
Best in the Industry
Executive Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 16, 2019
Gilead is a great place to work. The people and mangers are of the highest caliber people I have worked with and the culture is the best in the industry.
A competitive place with good compensations and perks.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Good execution on all levels I have seen. Processes efficiently implemented.
Middle management could do better by listening more and being more understanding.
Great Place to learn
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Beautiful site. Diverse culture. Great place to learn and develop new skills.

Day to day is pretty busy. Always something new going on. Client can be an issue at times.
Pros
Beautiful Site
Cons
Client can be an issue at times
Great place to start your science career
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 4, 2019
A lot of work but well organized. Although it can be very stressful, but Gilead offers many ways for the employee to reduce stress such as having a gym and other programs.
one year contract
Remote Contract Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 1, 2019
• Triage all case types for therapeutic area (hepatitis C virus)
• Process all case clinical and post-marketing cases from all sources (including compassionate use studies, sponsored and non-sponsored clinical trials, market research, literature) within the designated timeline as defined in the agreement (both internally and externally) that included: Coding in MedDRA and WhoDDE; Narrative writing; Query completion and due diligence; Follows cases through workflow steps in Argus to ensure on time regulatory and other reporting requirements
• Carries out compliant safety reporting in accordance with both US and international (including Japan) reporting regulations
Pros
remote work from home
Cons
extensive responsibilities for individual contributor remote role
Friendly, driven people with creative minds
Medicinal Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 26, 2019
Co-workers are relaxed, work culture is relaxed, labs are well funded. Access to a lot of compounds and expensive machines. Campus food is hit or miss, but coffee is great.
Productive and a caring place to work
Sr. Admin Assistant, FC Regulatory Ops (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I liked working for Gilead that cares for their employees and the community. My team worked well together and helped each other reach their goals.There were many team events to bring together your department as a family who can rely on each other and develop the team to grow.
Pros
Cons
Too many online classes
Excellent Place to work
Senior Research Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92056January 17, 2019
Gilead is an excellent place to work with. Full benefits, professional and smart people and scientists, good mission statement about unmet needs of AIDS patients, good training and promotion opportunities.
Not Worth the Risk
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2019
I took a risk to leave a secure position to come sell in IHD thru LOE of RAN. Met with incredible access and territory issues and management was not supportive.
Pros
HQ Culture, Pay, Work-Life Bal.
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations of 13 year old drug
Gilead Sciences, Foster CIty, CA (Biotech)
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Fast paced, intense, challenging work environment. Good people, great place to work. Many opportunities to learn new things, trainings, events, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilead Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight