Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Great Pay and benefits and unique drugs
The pay is great as well as the benefits and there is work life balance. It is a strong selling environment and the National meetings definitely get the fires burning.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
quotas are based on quarter from prior 4-6 months. Oct-Dec based on prior Apr-June
Pay and benefits are great.
Pay and benefits are great. Stocks is not doing great lately but they offer stocks option awards yearly (RSU) plus cash bonus yearly. That is great for building nest egg, emergency money or for house down payment.

Health benefit is also great, small employee contribution and pays half of your paycheck in addition to your EDD checks if you are on paternity and maternity leave.

Expect long hours but that is great trade off considering they are very generous in pay and benefits.
Wonderful company
I really enjoyed working at Gilead and have learned a lot from my team. They offer an extensive online training and lots of resources. Nice environment and great community.
Excellent Pharmaceutical Company
Working for Gilead will give you the open experience with many colleagues from chemists to boiler room techs, where you get the opportunity to make a difference working with medicine saving lives all over the world.
Great place to work but...
Only if they give you enough work to keep you busy. As an admin in a department that is declining, there isn't much work to be done no hiring, no training etc.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Productive and fun workplace.
Productive and fun workplace. A wonderful place for advancement in the Biotechnology field. A pleasure to be inspired by this leading company, a pleasure to experience.
Working with GILEAD
It is always a wonderful time working with this organization. The staff are welcoming & energetic. Facilitators are knowledgeable of information presented.
Great place to work if you know what you are doing.
Great products and technology. Management sometimes are aggressive due to lack of skills and experience, but not all of them. The culture within the management is to yell at you, no respect. Paycheck is Ok, no life.
Pharma Company- productive and Fun Place to
1. Productive and Supportive company.
2. Can help you in succeeding in your carrier.

3. Excellent Job Culture.

4. Work and Life balance.

5. Fun place to work.
I'd work fulltime if given the opprotunity
When I was sick, I'd be able to work at home. If I was delayed, I was able to work extra hours with no fuss. Work, while repetitive, felt like it was helping the company overall. Meetings were infrequent and were held only to establish changes in direction or updates on the project at different sites, so there was little time wasted on busywork, and I was paid well enough for my position and experience.

If I ever have the opportunity to work with Gilead again, I would accept without hesitation.
Review
You work a lot of hours and the La Verne site needs a lot of adjustments because it is a new site and going through the whole process. It is not fully staffed but they are working on it.
Enjoyed the people there!
Great team. Friendly people. Exciting projects. Really enjoyed being a part of the LIS team. Learned a lot about AWS cloud and working in a clinical trials enviroment.
Poductive and Positive
Working here is a great experience and the people at Gilead are very friendly. The culture here is very worth being a part of as well! I picked up a lot of skills working here and everyone there is pushing each other to strive for more.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very Competetive
Productive and collaborative work environment
I attended document review meetings to collaborate document reviews with SMEs and functional group. Partnered with document control and Quality to process and release documents through EDMS.
Productive and working environment.
90% Type A personalities, everyone is extremely hard-working and brilliant experts

Productive and working environment.

401k, HealthCare, Vacation, Sick, Cafe, etc
Good culture but Contractor discrimination
overall everything was really good. However, they like to use contractors a lot.it makes a 2nd class citizen culture. Where contractors have a lot of restrictions that Ft Es don't have.

I get it we are contractors, but we don't need that pushed in our face at every turn. Because of this, there are some very talented people that go under appreciated.

There needs to be a way of identifying top talent and better rewarding them. The other issue is that there are really knowledgeable people who have to Cary more than their load. There is like 1 person that knows how to do something. And their is only word of mouth that they are good at it, there is no formalized system that helps them shine.

Lastly, their tech is really out of date. It's frustrating how inefficient things have to be.

Besides all of this, it seems they are trying to change, and overall I had a good experience.
Work ethics out of complience...inclusivity is just for show not reality
Be prepared to be a yes person. If you do not agree with them, they will throw you under the bus at first chance to make themselves look good. I don't believe in making yourself look good by making someone else look lousy contractor or FTE. Your work will speak for itself. Quid Pro Quo is the key (contractor) pays for a manager to fly to an event in India all expenses paid by the contractor which is still at present, working at Gilead working on the same projects and very close with the said manager (Hiking, hanging out, etc.). Then you have family working in the same department, maybe not with the same "manager" but under the same department umbrella. From what I understand, Gilead just revamped their compliance department. HR may want to take a look at this as it does upset the work environment, which puts a damper on the department. Employees are not able to be themselves or vent with one another for fear of relative, letting the other know who works for an executive in the same department; therefore, they could lose their job. We are required to take a course from day one speaking about receiving gifts from both internal and external parties (including contractors) does this only apply to individual employees and contractors? As for inclusiveness, it is a joke; it is all for show if you don't believe me pull the data on ethnicity, and you will see what for yourself. Managers do not work with you to help you achieve your goals to advance up the ladder, as stated in your one on one reviews. I can't say to work for them or not. But, if you have integrity, you may want to - more...
Sales Managers with no experience
This company hires sales managers with no experience. Some of them don’t even last a year or two. Goals are unattainable
When a division has only 7/70 employees at 100% to goal, it is indicative that goals are not set up correctly. And sadly, leadership does not even acknowledge it as a deficiency. Reps go from 50 to 3 or drop from 3 to 50 in a month. Isn’t that ridiculous?
Just so so
I took this role as an inbetween with not much desire to stay on long term just because of my unique individual set up, but I learned a lot in the role while I was there. Management was just less than ideal.
Good pay and benefits but not enough to deal with poor management skills, "management by fear tactics and heavy workloads.
In order to succeed you must have a Godfather or Godmother in the company. They speak about inclusion but if you are not part of the "click" you are not noticed or promoted. To many layers of upper management and not enough lowe-tier employees to perform the work expected.
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
You have no life, they expect you to answer emails, text messages and whatsap 24/7 although it is a result of their poor time management skills.
Quick paced, will learn a lot
you will learn a lot by working here because it is fast paced and lots to do. You will have to learn a lot as you go on your own but once you do, you will be able to excel
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gilead Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.