Gillie Hyde Auto Group Employee Reviews

Great Company to Grow With
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 3, 2019
If you put your best effort in, you will be able to grow with the company and get to where you want to be. Starting at the ground floor you can accomplish big things by putting in the time and hard work in. There are some good months and there are some bad months, but it takes perseverance to get anywhere in life. We have always been given all the tools we need to succeed, I am one of the lucky ones who knew how to use the tools to become the best I can be.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long days and nights
Think before you apply
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 9, 2019
Worked there for a short time the manager would yell n get mad just for you not being able get a customer in the door he never listened to your ideas or reasoning he was always right and you always did wrong and would get talked down to and cussed every day and never know if he’s sober or not .. bad experience poor management and not enough training being yelled at and told what to do is not training
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Not proper training and always getting yelled at daily
I made good money.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 22, 2018
My manager when I hired in taught me what I know. New management was brought in. I feel like because the hours are sooo long! We closed at 6 but we never leave at 6 ever. Especially if you haven’t sold that day. Not everyone is treated the same. If you want to be treated good then you need to sell lots of vehicles.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Treated poorly
All in all not what I expected
Auto Salesman (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 13, 2018
When I came into this job I was told there's money to be made. As I tried to grow my customer base it seemed pretty feudal. The first month I did okay. The following month was really difficult because I set something like 20 appointments and no matter how much I followed up or what I done no one ever showed. I was released from employment and was simply told that it was not working out.
I loved it there. Hate I had to move away.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYFebruary 2, 2018
I have had many sales jobs and my time at Gillie Hyde was the best. I sold insurance, homes, and even cell phones in the past and had no car knowledge. When I tried my hand at car sales they trained me to know all that I needed. All you have to do is be a people person. The compensation was better than any job I have ever had and I loved meeting new people. The work is fast-paced at times because they sell so many cars but I like not being stuck at a desk all day. If my wife's job hadn't caused us to move out of state I would still be there! Now I have gone through 2 different car dealerships in TN and neither were anything like my time at Gillie Hyde.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Peolple, Training
Cons
Fast Passed at times
Finance Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 12, 2017
Gillie Hyde Auto Group is a family owned business for more than 60 years. They demand a lot but will push you to get better and better at what you do with a very good compensation plan.
Pros
The Ownership-Great people. THE BEST
Cons
Hours
Very well ran business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 15, 2017
I absolutely loved my time at Gillie Hyde. I loved the sales environment and loved the pay scale with the commission. I loved enteracting with the customers each day and it being something different each day.
Pros
Positive work environment
Good Automotive Sales Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYFebruary 22, 2017
Automotive sales position with long days and multiple weekends which may not be announced in advance. Good base of customers from a wide area. Income may vary based on commission.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Unpredictable hours and varying income
good place
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYAugust 22, 2014
everyone there is very friendly and understanding if you ever have an issue.
Car business
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 15, 2013
It is a stable company as a whole. But the hours are crazy and management pushes you in a negative way.
Pros
Money can be good
Cons
long hours, poor management.