Giordano's
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Giordano's Employee Reviews

United States156 reviews

Okay I guess

Good place to work, but the general managers get annoyed if you mess up. They’re so lazy. But the people are cool and very helpful. Would recommend if you have a tough backbone

Good for extra money

The hrs suck and they over work you for little pay. They are always understaffed and expect you to pick up the slack. Management never wants to deal with any problems you present.

Giordano's insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Not organized

One of the worst serving jobs ive had. Everyone is always bitter management give no cares they are gorifyed cashiers no one is turely tranined at there job most unorganized place ive ever been!!

Pros

Couple good employees that work to hard for nothing

Cons

No management support all under quailfted.

Toxic environment, Little care for employees.

I have worked for Giordanos as a delivery driver for the last 7 years (in the same location). They will work you beyond burnout with little regard to your life outside of the job. No one is disciplined for bad behavior and good employees are expected to carry the weight of the (many) bad apples. Delivery area is enormous and one driver is expected to handle all of deliveries alone, which is fine until you have multiple orders scheduled for the same time. You are also expected to stay past your shift when someone calls out, whether you have prior engagements or not. The environment is toxic and everyone is out for themselves all the time. The only saving grace is that the money as a driver is amazing. But after 7 years I’m starting to realize that money isn’t worth putting up with this chaotic and stressful environment on a daily basis.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Toxic environment, disorganized, chaotic, no support from management, management doesn’t truly listen to concerns.

Managers never help

It can be a Friday/Saturday night rush down 2 servers and the managers would rather talk and gossip with each other in the back instead of run food or take tables.

Just like any other restaurant job

Management expects your life to revolve around a job that pays right above minimum wage. Customers always feel entitled and respect is not even the bare minimum anymore. You could be on your death bed and the manager will somehow ask you to come in.

Pros

Great food, tips

Cons

Disrespectful customers, poor management

Great

Good tome I really like it a lot it’s very good place to work and I love all the people there I have to fulfill the word count so here it is I love this place

Awesome place

Is great place;1 It was just so amazing even when my wife was pregnant they gave me a lot of time off and they were very helpful and around my schedule that was just fantastic. The best lasagna in the world I love their lasagna and you can eat as much as you want whatever you want it's really awesome.

Pros

Is great food

Cons

Horrible culture horrible people horrible bosses

You are in direct contact with the owner of the company and they don’t care about your health and well being only care about making a extra dollar. They don’t care about family values or the birth of a child and didn’t give no regard or took any proactive move towards staying safe during Covid-19

Cons

They break every osha rule still to this day, the job is very unsafe, and they take shortcuts every chance given

Experienced and passionate restaurant employee ran away from restaurants for good because of Giordano’s

If you’re working for the corporate office it’s a dream job and they take well care of you. However, if you work in any of the restaurants, you are expected to work your tail off 60 hours a week. I loved working in restaurants for over 10 years, becoming a manager here was the most stressful thing I experienced. Expect ridiculous expectations to save the company money (usually at the cost of your mental/physical health and being told how you should give more of yourself to your job so they can bleed it out of you. They killed my passion, or maybe just the culture did. Expect customers to be extremely angry at you for waiting over an hour for pizza. Most deep dishes will take about 45 min, even though they know this, they are still hungry and annoyed. If one thing goes wrong in the kitchen or your online ordering and you can be in for the worse work day of your life. Worked for them for 4 years and gladly won’t be willing to return.

Pros

Great pizzas! By far my personal favorite.

Cons

Outlandish expectations are placed on you, You have to deal with a ridiculous amount of irate customers, Working in the BOH is no breeze either, at any time one of your pizza cooks walks off or quits and you’re in for a world of hurt.

Good job in highschool, not much room to grow

Good job to have in high school but did not feel like I had room to grow past my current position. Customers were generally not very nice and the environment could be very stressful quite often.

Pros

free pizza

Cons

working all weekends

Great GM and nice coworkers for the most part.

When i worked here the management was usually alright. The GM was always great--to the point and makes you get everything done, but nice and funny, too.

Cons

hours

Great teammates and great location

Working here makes you feel like part of a community and the work isn't too stressful. The restaurant gets very busy sometimes and it's important to be able to trust your peers.

Pros

Location, flexibility

Cons

Lots of standing around

Overall I enjoyed working as a cashier and doing carry-out

Overall I enjoyed working as a cashier and doing carry-out. The point of sales system was easy to learn but I wish they had a more efficient system in place

Pros

Good pay. Nice work environment. Management was always helpful.

Cons

Having to fix any errors made on customers order; it can cause delays.

Great work environment

I loved my Gio's location! I started when we first opened so there were some rough spots to work out, but other than that everything was great. I loved my coworkers and the work atmosphere. The only thing that consistently caused problems for myself and others was the lack of communication between management and us.

Pros

discounted food, flexible hours, tipped out immediately

Cons

pay period mistakes, poor management communication

it’s a OK job.

Other than that, is a house with rules but no respect from managers towards drivers. Get paid every night on the spot, they pay your $40 that is agree plus all the tips you manage to get. Regular hours is 5pm to finish, the pizza place close at 11:00 but the deliveries can go all the way to midnight.

Pros

paid on the spot

Cons

short term job

Great Place to Learn

Very fast paced environment. Great place to learn vital serving skills that you can take with you to other restaurants

Pros

Free Pizza

Cons

Open until 2 am

Sinking ship

This place is a sinking ship. It had a rough start and hasn’t gotten much better. The Loveland location has only been open for 2 months and two managers have already been fired, one of them being the general manager. The managers are sweet but don’t really know what they are doing. They are over staffing most nights. Bartenders get two sections while servers get a 3-4 table section. The people there are nice but that doesn’t help you make the money you need to pay rent.

Pros

Coworkers are nice.

Cons

Not a lot of shifts, then when you are on it’s over staffed.

Staying late

Fun job,decent atmosphere, the reason I left is because of the hours. The hours are very long and almost always you are staying past your shift time doing some other tasks.

Do your job and you’ll get treated very well.

If you’re doing your job, learning, applying yourself, and communicating well, you’ll be treated very very good. The managers here respect and recognize hard workers. Great work environment.

Best job ever!!

It is always busy at both Giordano's locations. Everybody works as a team. The Owner and General Manager is amazing and there is money to be made. The ONLY reason I no longer work there is because I moved to be close to my family <3

Common questions about Giordano's

Answered by current and former employees at Giordano's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giordano's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits