Giorgio Armani Employee Reviews

Can be a difficult place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
A typical day there, especially on weekends, is a high-paced environment focused on the client and KPIs. Goals are given in the beginning of the day and employees had to meet those goals everyday. If the goals weren't met, then one would have to reflect on what happened and what could be done in the future to ensure better numbers.

Some of the clients can be rude so you must have a thick skin and have self control with how you respond.

There could be a better line of communication between higher management and employees as well as more compassion when serious life matters arise. Many times employees didn't feel like they were being listened to.

Less micromanagement could improve the workplace and its effect on employees. It makes working in the environment difficult. However, there are a few managers in place that make the workplace more fun, they really listen to the employees and try to make things better.
Pros
comission
Good experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Interning at Armani gave me the opportunity to get involved with the Wholesale industry. Interns were given a decent amount of responsibility and treated fairly.
Excellent
SVP of Giorgio Armani Footwear & Accessories (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Wonderful experience working with Mr. Armani and the teams in both NY and Milan. Brand focused company that promotes from within. I was able to grow and manage new categories of business during my six years there.
Company takes care of their employees
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 29, 2018
Corporate is very involved with the stores and because of our staffing style their is constant communication between all the employees. Always opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Bonuses for everyone
Cons
Short breaks
Fun at times but when its bad it gets worse.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
A typical work day is 9 hour shift consisting of and hour break and 2 15mins breaks. The earliest best 5am and the latest being 3pm shift. I learned how to send and received shipment and packages, organize and multi-task. Management has its ups and downs. They have great managers and then there are the managers who tend to lash out on others because of other reasons. The atmosphere was always great when certain people wasn't around. The hardest part of the job was to always pick up where others lacked and dealing with attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone with no there to distract me any time I had the chance.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
No Communication, favoritism, and bad management
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 28, 2018
The job was amazing. Great pay, opportunities to better yourself. my experience was going well; however, there were a few downfalls. Calling the same customers about the same promotions wasn't that great as the promotions never changed. It is important to build your client list.
Don't work here please save yourself the time
NA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2018
Poor management I would not recommend this company location maybe another location with different management and a different GM would suffice. Save yourself the time and effort and don't work at this location.
Pros
hours
Cons
managers
beautiful colors
Freelance Artist/ Brand Ambassador/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
the brand is very beautiful. not sure if there is room for growth. only worked there a short time, but was educated well on the brand and i felt confident selling to clients
Time Tested
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Giorgio Armani has been around for decades for a reason. The product speaks for itself. The management gets it and they make good decisions with a vision ahead.
The office is clean. The senior management is passionate, not always agreeable, but they have the best intentions of the company.
Fun Work Place
Sales/Merchandising Team (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed this company very much!
I learned the best clientele techniques here.
Management was amazing leaders and mentors.
The hardest part of the job was snowed in days.
Most enjoyable part was the team potlucks.
Pros
Great Mentors in charge
Cons

Want to know more about Giorgio Armani?

Ask a question
enjoyed working here
Supervisor, Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
It was a collaborative place to work, all levels communicated freely. The cultural was relaxed, but the work was still done in a fast paced environment.
Pros
clothing allowance
Cons
wish it paid more
Exceptional work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2018
Its exactly as you would imagine working in a luxury brand environment would be. Although I will say that some of the management staff was a bit more prude and rigid then necessary, majority of them were very friendly and supportive and open. The open door policy is exceptional and the growth potential is definitely there.
Pros
Experience, Opportunities
Cons
Management, Pay a bit
Good people and culture
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
The fashion industry especially European brands are more conservative and are reluctant to be more advance in technology, which makes work efficiency being sacrificed. People are very nice , friendly and efficient while the systems are old, slow, or even obsolete. Ecommerce is not being developed properly. work life balance and the teams are great here, but people are constantly frustrated about systems and restrictions.
Pros
great people, good work life balance
Cons
not a lot of freedom over selections/ no system efficiency.
I enjoyed my position with Gorgio Armani. Learned a lot, and expanded my knowledge. Great pay.
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I had great experiences working for this company. Learned new techniques and product knowledge. Great training experiences such as attending Gorgio Armani Beauty Summit in Los Angeles, California for 4 days. The scheduling through Dillard's was very inconsistent. Unable to provide full time hours as promised most of my time with Dillards.
Pros
Great training, Great pay.
Cons
Not enough hourly. Inconsistent scheduling.
Exciting Fashion Line
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
You learn so much in what goes behind the making of Italian clothing at it's best. Quality is always top notch. Great staff to work with and always pride in working for world famous brand.
Great discounts,big bouns
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Fun fast paste to work in.
Amazing top of the line clothes.
Very fixable with hours.
Free lunches once a week.
Free bags,Walt's, colon,gift bags.
Discounts at restaurants
Pros
Free lunches, big discount, Christmas gifts, bouns money
Cons
Not being paid hourly
Slow paced, but otherwise great workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I may be biased because I'm a fashion student, but I loved being able to interact with managers and clientele that could appreciate the quality products that Mr. Armani puts out. As a temp worker, I was only paid hourly, but as full time, you'd be able to make commission, which can be a great opportunity.
Depends on your managment
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Armani Jeans. It was a fairly new brand that they had recently introduced at that time. We were one of 2 stores under the Giorgio Armani brand. I learned a great deal about how to appeal to a customer and what indicators to look for in hopes to make an exceptional experience for our clients.
Big School in the fashion industry
Wholesale Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  EuropeJanuary 24, 2018
Great workplace and leader in fashion .. Limited time between collections therefor a fast paste environment.
Highly suggest for someone that is into fashion
One of the best looking restaurant lounge in New York
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
it is very simple. I did everything that concerned operations and service.

To start up a restaurant from scratch.

The best managers I have ever had.

Fashion can be expressed in the elegance of your dining experience

Meet Mr. Giorgio Amani's expectations

Meet all the celebrities present at the restaurant.
Pros
I had a secretary
Cons
Very stressful