Giorgio Armani Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to work overall. Slow-paced but with high expectations of sales. Management was very good and understanding. Hardest part was learning the S/R systems, but other than that it was super easy.
Donot work here unless you have no choice
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2018
I have been working as a parttime sales. It was super slow sometimes.

The management there was the worst, too many managements ask you to do different things and you never know which one you should follow. If you donot listen to one of them, they will question or yell to you.

They will keep asking you questions until you gave the managements a answer they think good.

Too many fights there, even for part time sales associate, everyone is pushing you to be aggressive. Doesnot worth to be like you, there is no haply working there, stressful.

Too long working hours, your lunch break is not included. If you are working a full time, you have to be there for 9 hours a day, 1 hour for your lunch, it is not free.

Not any chance of improvement.A/X is not an high end luxury brand at all. Donot be fooled by them.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
poor management
Great company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
I have had the opportunity to sharpen my skills with Giorgio.
The client base is wonderful and the company structure is one of the best. Giorgio himself is one great role model for running a business. You feel like he cares for all his employees.
Pros
Owner appreciates his staff.
Cons
Nothing to say
You will love it the clients love it too
Freelance Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
this company is pretty great to work for you will make money but also work hard some days more an others but its work. the clients are very loving of the brand and sometimes needy. but thats fine.
See below review.
Fashion Coordinator / Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Not a good review, I had to resign under stress, due to hostile environment working in experience management and their bad attitude supported by store manager at Armani Outlet Division Houston TX. Store Manager need to grow up and not to mix personal issues with business.
Competitive
Beauty Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 3, 2018
Worked along makeup artist that were very passionate about their makeup skills. Learned new techniques and provided assistance for backstage assistance. Very fast paced but very rewarding.
Pros
Knowledge
huge company
Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 30, 2018
GA is owned by Loreal company, the company is amazing, the products are beautiful a staple in the industry an din everyday women make up bags everywhere
A learning opportunity
Face Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
it was an experience in which I learned to really allow my artistry come through and with that I was also able to really strengthen my selling skills. That later allowed me to excel to management until I had to leave on maternity to then have my position eliminated. It was a great way to learn that everyone is replaceable in business. One has to be mentally prepared to accept that. It did not stop me from later returning to the company back in sales.
IT was a cool job to work for the most part.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
It was a cool job to work for the most part. I was in operations so I served as the backbone of the store. I enjoyed it because my nature is very nuturing. but it got to a point where the was enough team spirit going around. People were driven by their own person goals and not the goal of the store as a collective.
Can be a difficult place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
A typical day there, especially on weekends, is a high-paced environment focused on the client and KPIs. Goals are given in the beginning of the day and employees had to meet those goals everyday. If the goals weren't met, then one would have to reflect on what happened and what could be done in the future to ensure better numbers.

Some of the clients can be rude so you must have a thick skin and have self control with how you respond.

There could be a better line of communication between higher management and employees as well as more compassion when serious life matters arise. Many times employees didn't feel like they were being listened to.

Less micromanagement could improve the workplace and its effect on employees. It makes working in the environment difficult. However, there are a few managers in place that make the workplace more fun, they really listen to the employees and try to make things better.
Pros
comission
Good experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Interning at Armani gave me the opportunity to get involved with the Wholesale industry. Interns were given a decent amount of responsibility and treated fairly.
Excellent
SVP of Giorgio Armani Footwear & Accessories (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Wonderful experience working with Mr. Armani and the teams in both NY and Milan. Brand focused company that promotes from within. I was able to grow and manage new categories of business during my six years there.
Company takes care of their employees
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 29, 2018
Corporate is very involved with the stores and because of our staffing style their is constant communication between all the employees. Always opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Bonuses for everyone
Cons
Short breaks
Fun at times but when its bad it gets worse.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
A typical work day is 9 hour shift consisting of and hour break and 2 15mins breaks. The earliest best 5am and the latest being 3pm shift. I learned how to send and received shipment and packages, organize and multi-task. Management has its ups and downs. They have great managers and then there are the managers who tend to lash out on others because of other reasons. The atmosphere was always great when certain people wasn't around. The hardest part of the job was to always pick up where others lacked and dealing with attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone with no there to distract me any time I had the chance.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
No Communication, favoritism, and bad management
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 28, 2018
The job was amazing. Great pay, opportunities to better yourself. my experience was going well; however, there were a few downfalls. Calling the same customers about the same promotions wasn't that great as the promotions never changed. It is important to build your client list.
Don't work here please save yourself the time
NA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2018
Poor management I would not recommend this company location maybe another location with different management and a different GM would suffice. Save yourself the time and effort and don't work at this location.
Pros
hours
Cons
managers
beautiful colors
Freelance Artist/ Brand Ambassador/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
the brand is very beautiful. not sure if there is room for growth. only worked there a short time, but was educated well on the brand and i felt confident selling to clients
Time Tested
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Giorgio Armani has been around for decades for a reason. The product speaks for itself. The management gets it and they make good decisions with a vision ahead.
The office is clean. The senior management is passionate, not always agreeable, but they have the best intentions of the company.
Fun Work Place
Sales/Merchandising Team (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed this company very much!
I learned the best clientele techniques here.
Management was amazing leaders and mentors.
The hardest part of the job was snowed in days.
Most enjoyable part was the team potlucks.
Pros
Great Mentors in charge
enjoyed working here
Supervisor, Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
It was a collaborative place to work, all levels communicated freely. The cultural was relaxed, but the work was still done in a fast paced environment.
Pros
clothing allowance
Cons
wish it paid more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giorgio Armani. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight