Giovanni Rana Employee Reviews

Wasnt here long
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJune 18, 2019
This company closed down simply because of location.

I was doing literally everything from dishwashing, prepping, cooking, cashier, server, stock room, bank depositories, etc and they paid me so little. I liked the fast paced environment as it made my shifts go by like a breeze but when i noticed how much i was doing, my title did not match with how much i was doing for them so i asked for a $1 raise and they refused.

So i left for another opportunity and a few months later they closed down.
Good Coworkers, Cruel Managers
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Working with the crew was a great experience. The staff is hardworking, kind, and caring, however they are led by a manager who spends the majority of her time looking for any reason to yell at employees. Her constant negativity is a drain to the employees and has them constantly looking over their shoulders and nervous for what menial thing she will chastize you for next. Not very flexible schedule wise or understanding of second jobs, special circumstances, etc.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not great pay, poor management
Perfect place to start a career
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Within the events department, We have grown tremendously in our first year and have found unprecedented success within the market.

The team is passionate and caring, with an extreme attention to detail.
Nice italian restaurant to eat
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
its a brand new restaurant.Great environment
I come in for lunch shift,get napkins set on each table.Breakfast is served,Have morning meeting and then the restaurant opens for business
Management is ok, there is always miscommunication and things are unorganized
alot of diverse co workers, which is great and besides management it felt like a family amongst us co workers.always looking out for each other.
the hardest part of the job i would say is the miscommunication cause other than that everything else was like tying my shoes everyday.
the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers everyday.i like meeting new people with different cultures.