Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,142 reviews matching the search See all 1,150 reviews
Making a difference with young women
Currently a Troop Leader (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 17, 2018
USA & local councils aren't accessible for local troop leaders.Begin programs w/out providing training; make them required for badge/award completion.
Pros
Great Volunteers
Cons
High expectations
Most enjoyable part of the job
Outdoor Program Specialist/Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 16, 2018
Is working with the girls over the summer. Watching these young girls relax and accomplish things at camp like canoeing, climbing the rock wall, or even just sleeping in a tent. Helping the girls set goals goals and accomplish them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and Great Work Place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAAugust 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I got to play with the girls and do their activities with them! I really learned what my leadership style is and how it works with others styles.
Great Place to Work
Membership Administrative Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at Girl Scouts. I worked very hard as you would in any non profit and wore many hats. I appreciated the fact that I was encouraged to step out of my comfort zone and work in multiple departments.
Too much time spent on looking for someone to make a mistake & threatening employees. Not enough time on helping.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2018
Poor leadership. Was told NOT to help co-workers - they could do it themselves, which is just the opposite of the way a company should be lead, in my opinion.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
micro management mentality of supervisor
Fullfilling work environment
Membership Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 12, 2018
I loved working with the members in this job. I like to solve any issues they had and to help them with any thing they needed. the hardest part of the job was working with so many different personalities and the lack of communication through the different departments.
Pros
Working for a good cause
Cons
non communication with the department heads
Consistently busy
Database and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working here and wish my daycare center did not fall through. The people are nice, the environment is friendly. Unsure if the same people still work there, but they were great.
Positive, encouraging and innovative place to work.
Outreach Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 10, 2018
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan leaves a lasting impression on young girls and women by encouraging them to and be their best. Girl Scouts Heart Of Michigan creates a creative and innovative perspective for every aspect of life.
Fun place to work
Lifeguard/Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 10, 2018
At camp we spend most days with the girls all day except for a 2 hour break and it allows us to help them to grow the same love for camp that most of us have
Best employees I’ve ever met. Great team work throughout the organization.
Membership and Community Program Excec. (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 2, 2018
This was a great organization to be a part of. I enjoyed and learned so much in the short time I was there. Enjoyed my position every day. Beware of getting a supervisor that will not listen to you. My first supervisor in membership was fantastic. She was open to new ideas and very supportive. As far as my community program supervisor I wish the staff under her the best of luck.
Pros
Purpose was meaningful.
Cons
Stressful
Productive Fun Work Environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for them and hope to work for them again. I enjoyed getting to know the girl scouts we worked with and I see bright things in their future. I like how we had to incorporate STEAM in t the daily activities and curriculum.
Fantastic organization
Troop Leader of Woman and Girls (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 29, 2018
Love the support and on going training to all the volunteers.

The program for leaders and Girls is one of a kind. I loved supporting the Girls Scouts for 9 years.
Pros
the program
Cons
technology
Camp was great
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCJuly 27, 2018
I got to be a camp counselor at the camp I grew up attending every summer. It was a great experience and I am glad I could help create good memories with a whole new group of girl scouts.
Pros
Summer Camp
Cons
Temporary
Great Experience
Troop Leader (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 27, 2018
The time I've spent as a volunteer have been rewarding. There is a lot of work that goes into being a Troop Leader but it has many benefits. The positive attitude has been helpful not only for the young ladies of the brand but also for the Leaders.
Fun Workplace
Student (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJuly 25, 2018
I love working with children of many backgrounds and learning from them. Working for eight years with this organization has improved my social, communication, and empathy skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Pay
Great Environment
Assistant Wrangler (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 25, 2018
Girl Scouts Heart of Central California is a great organization for young girls. One small area offers riding lessons for those who may have never seen a horse before. The smile on girls face is worth it, and the staff is very supportive of these girls.
Wonderful group of people to be around.
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 22, 2018
Warm and welcoming staff who are always ready to help. Everyone is really friendly and gets along well. They have a very understanding management who are super helpful at anytime.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
No PTO
Best job
General Counselor/Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJuly 21, 2018
Worked for a summer outreach program for 5 years. Best job I ever had. Awesome director, great staff and an overall great mission statement. Unfortunately due to budget, they had to close the program.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Program got shut down
Easiest Part-Time Job In The World
Membership Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
Flexible. Great for College Students. Workout classes now offered. Usually always free food in the break room. Many of the employees are super friendly.
good environment
Senior Member (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
my opinion on girl scouts of the USA is that they are very nice and respectful and they really work around your schedule if you go to school or work two jobs and they very understanding.
Pros
frre food some times