Girl Scouts of the USA
71Above average

Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Loved volunteering at Girl Scout camp
It was great getting to know the girls and I worked with units and centers at the camp. I volunteered for a few different years and had alot of fun. We had groups of 15 or so girls who we would escort through the centers and entertain in between. The hardest part of this was the heat.
Pros
People
Cons
Hot
Really fun
This was a really great experience. It gave me a lot of really good experience working with others and taking orders and making sure things get done the right way.
Great way to get involved
Volunteering with Girls Scouts is a great way to get inolved and have fun with your daughter(s). There are plenty of fun activities as well as great learning opprotunities.
Great Experience
Loved working for the Girl Scouts of America. Great group of people to work with. Learned a lot from them. Getting to teach the youth of America is awesome.
Pros
Self Filling
Cons
nothing
Good Place for Camps
I was a volunteer Camp Counselor. Typical days working for the Girl Scouts depended on what camp I was working with, because each camp is different. But usually I would find my campers and look after them. I really liked being a camp counselor, I think i learned more from the Girl Scouts than any other organization in my life. I love taking care of people and Girl Scouts gave me an outlet to do that for a large portion of my life. I worked as a camp counselor for five years and I loved it, it was great. The management was not great, they would control parts of camp that made our lives more difficult and made camp harder for everyone. There was always a great workplace culture, everyone respected everyone else. The best part of the job was probably the friends I made while I was a counselor, and watching my campers grow up over the years. The hardest part of the job was one day where the heat index got over 100 degrees and I had to skip lunch because we were so busy.
Pros
Free Soda, nice people
Cons
Always busy, no air conditioning, possibly difficult environment
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Nice work enviorment
It was a great volenteering experience i learned a lot from my peers throughout the time i worked there. it was a fun experience didnt even feel like a job
Fun place to work
great place to work for young girls. i really enjoyed my time there, highly recommend it. hours were just a little rough at first.
Fun inspiring girls
Loved being able to help these little girls do fun projects and encourage their growth in confidence and help them with school assignments.
Pros
volunteer
Cons
unwilling participants
Exciting and challenging workplace
When I made it up to the Cadette level in Girl Scouts I had gained extensive experience in leading activities. The various volunteer trips such as Cape Henlopen Clean Up and parades improved my leadership skills. The management was excellent since for each event I was properly trained and prepared. My coworkers were very hardworking and down-to-earth. The hardest part of the job was not seeing the outcome of projects soon. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making an difference.
Pros
Presented me with various challenges that helped me grow as a person
Cons
Unpaid
amazing
It is good. We volunteer a lot. I learned good people skills and money management. I have worked with all types of people from all types of backgrounds.
Productive and fun work environment, Great staff.
Arlington, Va has the best Girl Scout organization I have ever worked with!!! They are aways able to lend a hand, answer questions and help if needed. Great people and great role models.
Pros
meet great people and girls!