Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Review

View all Girl Scouts of the USA reviews

The big sister I never had.
Girl Scout Member (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Helped me grow into the young woman I am today. There is not much more to say, other than that I made some lifelong friends as well as memories in the 8 or so years I was a member of Girl Scouts. It helped me overcome many of my social fears and anxieties, which allowed me to express myself. Few experiences have been quite as valuable.

Other Girl Scouts of the USA Employee Reviews

Great Volunteer Experiences
GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 21, 2018
I think it brings great leadership for young children who want to able learning basic skills and lead other people. It was only volunteer but no salary
I miss it, but the girls just changed
Scout and Leader (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NCApril 20, 2018
After 12 years of scouting I had to give it up for two reasons: 1) my work schedule was no longer conducive to it and 2) the girls changed. They were longer interested in anything but playing games, boys, trashy clothing trends and boys (and these are 10 year olds). It got to the point that I felt like each meeting was a waste of my time and that I was a once a week babysitter for the parents to have a free hour or two. Than you add having to pay for my own background check to see if I even qualify to be a leader! Nope! I'm done!
Don't get me wrong, I miss doing it. I just couldn't keep it up with the way things were at the time. Maybe things are different now. I don't know.