Girling Health Care Inc Employee Reviews

This Place was a ping pong place to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
I would come in care for my patient, see what their needs were for the day take care of light house hold duties, run errands and take care of medicational needs.
Flexiable hrs
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
Management was never available. No training, promotion, raise was offer within 2 years of my employment.
My job required for me to travel daily to see my client, for 4 hours
Be careful
Staffing/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 3, 2018
Be careful. Some people are allowed to do things and get away with it. If you report something, you will be retaliated against. Nothing is kept confidential.
Enjoyed the Clients
SPECIAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2018
I really enjoyed traveling and seeing the clients. Working by myself was a plus, and getting to support the elderly and disabled in their homes. I really enjoyed this job
It is a very easy going pace job.
Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2018
I liked that I could change the hours that I would go in and do my job, but the pay is not enough, they need to pay care takers or providers a lot more money then what they pay.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
not enough pay
Great with flexibility, but no perks
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great for meeting new people, hearing new stories and travel. Overall it's good if you like to work in this kind of setting. In home care in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. Almost like managing an extra life, and then some. The pay is not nearly enough but the hours and clients are flexible by what you prefer and can manage. You can get lots of hours if you have your own vehicle to travel in, and the hiring process is quick.
Pros
Interchangeable clients and hours
Cons
Low pay and no benefits for PCA
Pay
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  DFW,TXJuly 22, 2018
Not sure anyone can live on 7.60 an hour. This is a job to go to when you are desperate for work. The pay is just not there, very sad that you are not paid more.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pay... or lack of
not really enough pay
Home Health Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
I was dissatified with the pay for the amount of work that I had to do. It was less than minimum wage. I had to find other things to do to compensate.
Work your own pace
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 16, 2018
You have the ability to work on your own pace.
You don't have to work in big groups for those who like to work alone. Get to meet new people and take care of their needs
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 12, 2018
Girling healthcare is a great place for your love ones they have friendly staff and always nice, knows what they're doing I would recommend their services
Pros
Great hrs
Cons
Pay
Minimal supervision
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2018
I loved doing patient care and helping the families with their loved ones. A typical work day was a work at your own pace for the comfort of the client you worked with. My supervisor always stayed on top of checking on the clients and knowing how things were going with their acceptance of my work. The hardest part was leaving the job to start school.
Liked it
Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2018
Wasn’t to bad I would just watch tv wit my grandma help her get up eat clean her bathroom and her room talk to her rested wit her. It was a good chance for me and my grandma to get closer
Pros
Got to work everyday
Cons
Didn’t like the pay
Great
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 7, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. The clients were kind. The staff was friendly. The hours were great. Traveling from client to clients house wasn't ideal. It was worth the pay.
Pros
kind and friendly staff
Cons
no gas compensation for travling
Productive and fun place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
Fun place to work. People friendly. Had a lot of good benefits. Had much better benefits than other places. Very competent staff. Had to travel but was fun. Weekly meetings on Mondays with good lunches. Supervisors were always concerned about staff and their workplace environment.
Productive fun place to work at with great people.
LVN-Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
My typical day was to unlock the office, have my numbers ready for the morning meetings. Take turns with the other nurses to go out and visit patients. I learned what team work is. Management was always ready to help regardless of what a person might need. Work place culture was followed, nobody would get easily offended if I wore something I believed in. The hardest part of the job was to not show up for work. The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to work.
Pros
Free lunch at all meetings
I give them five star
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 3, 2018
Girling was a good place to work for very nice and kind people. I enjoy going to the clients house and helping the out. With there daily house hold duties, Doing things like cleaning, shopping and taking them to doctor appointments.
Pros
Is getting a great client
Cons
Is getting a client who is hard to get along with.
The life of a Girling attendant.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 2, 2018
My work days at Girling Health were somewhat unpredictable. I worked this the elderly and you never know what the day would hold. Some days were laid back just keeping the client company which is what most of them wanted and need mainly. Some days house work or out to doctors visits or to the store. I learned a lot of life lessons from many of my little people and all lessons made me wiser. I've learned that everyone suffers hardships and relearn that kindness is definitely the way. Management some were helpful and some should not have been working in the position they were in.. the most enjoyable part of the job was get to know and love the people I helped evetyday. The hardest was trying to get the supplies I need from the company in order to help the people I worked for.
Pros
Meeting people that would become life long friends.
Cons
Having to keep calling my job for gloves, encountering mean spirited people, no gas milage pay
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2018
it was so long ago that I worked for this company that I can't give a recall of the daily processes. I can tell you that I did claim follow up for all Medicaid patient bills for the clinic.
It would be lots of work for little money
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
It was more client based that made the job doable. Often they would have the cruelest people to work for and they wanted you to go to the end of the world and back for them. The you would come across the nicest people and it would be worth every penny.
Pros
When you can talk to your client to make the schedule better for the both of you.
Cons
Very low pay
My Health Care Experience
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Groesbeck, TXJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because they worked with you if you had a situation happen or if you needed time off, the pay is really good and helpful.