Girls Inc. of Alameda County Employee Reviews

Great people, low pay and mediocre culture
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Girls Inc of Alameda CountyJuly 30, 2018
It’s been a few years since I left Girls Inc. The best part about working there is it attracts people who are passionate and dedicated to bettering the lives of women and girls. The mission of Girls Inc is inspiring and the programs they have for teen girls and younger are much needed.

The worst part is they’ve barely changed what they pay people in the over ten years they’ve been on my radar. The cost of living in the Bay Area has increased dramatically yet Girls Inc had barely increased the salaries I see on their job postings. It’s quite Unfortunate. As an organization that touts feminist ideals, you’d think they wouldn’t pay the program leader and coordinator positions poverty wages while Executive and Director level positions are sitting Pretty. Not a good look!
Beneficial for my professtional development
Evaluation Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 19, 2018
The position I took at Girls Inc. gave me professional development and opportunities I sought in how to conduct evaluations in a large nonprofit setting
Encouraging workplace
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 9, 2017
I have worked with Girls Inc for over 3 years now and i love it! The workplace atmosphere is relaxed although it is a lot of work. The culture is friendly, helpful, and encouraging.
Disorganization
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 7, 2016
The non-profit organization that needs me to take on all kinds of tasks but do not provide enough hours to take on the tasks. Like teachers don't get enough prep time or resources, as a program leader I did not either.

I received good training I can say. Those were my favorite days.
Lightly productive, slow-paced, but stay alert at all times.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Usually days are slow during the job, but that's when I have to be alerted at all times for when something does happen, an example will me like a robbery. I learned to build a friendship with employers and be kind with others. I normally will stand by any entrance door and greet customers in and out of building. Assist customers with directions of what they are looking for whether it's bathroom, shoes, women apparel, men apparel, etc. Hardest part of the job is when a robbery does happen and I am not at the section where it occurred and me and my other employers have to figure things out.