Giving Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you have a family.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMFebruary 13, 2019
The patients are amazing. They are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I've kept in touch with a majority of my former patients and their families.
Pros
Flexible hours if you have a family
Cons
Losing patients
Mess of a company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2018
Attempted to engage with this company ... several times throughout the years. Every time heard: "Great. We have plenty of clients. Let's work together. Welcome to the family!" Then ... no follow up, no emails, no phone calls, nothing. They seem to run things the "passive-aggressive" way: tell you (and I am assuming the clients) what you want to hear then "forget" to get back to you. Yes, they appear to be a "nice" group of people but ... I doubt their sincerity.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Games
Case Management, Customer Service
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with all staff, clients, and nurses. I had the opportunity to work with former uranium workers and family. I had a chance to put charts together for them through the Department of Labor Colorado, Home Health Care. Clients and their care takers, I worked closely with them, home visits, their needs and care from our staff.
Pros
Cons
Breaks and lunches
Flexible hours
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2018
Flexible hours,
Learned medical terms.
Worked well with nurses.
Enjoyed taking care of patient.
No training.
Learned things on own and did a lot of research on own.
Wonderful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 2, 2018
This place was by far the best place I've ever worked. It was very time manageable, they cared about their patients and their employees. It felt like a second home, in a good way.
Home Health care for a new comer
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 25, 2018
typical day at work.... Physical assessment of pt, assessing environment for unhealthy environment, visiting with family, addressing any current needs, workplace depends on client and family, I;m learning to do HHC, something I have never done and has some getting used to, washing toilets, laundry, cooking meals, etc
Management is reasonable and understanding that this is new type of nursing for me. Most enjoyable part of any nursing job is the client. and this is no exception.
A great place to work!
Home Health RN-DOL (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NM 87417July 23, 2018
The staff at Giving was a fantastic place to work. The patient, nursing team and their family was great. This company bends over backwards to help the nursing team succeed thus providing the best patient care to their clients.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Long distances between patients.
over all good
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Company staff very friendly and very flexible work schedule yet able to complete all work .Monitor govt employees at home health care and assist their needs follow up skilled staff on the field and educate and train if needed
Unethical and sneeky
Case manager (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJune 11, 2018
Case managers have unworkable case load and are asked to do questionable and unethical practices. Under threat of job loss at all times. Management is very unprofessional and expectations change to suit the need at the time.Overworked and underpaid average length of employment is about 3 months .
Pros
Patients are wonderful
Cons
Management uses deceitful tactics and use patients for money
Good Company to Work For
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2018
I have worked for this company for a few years and I really enjoyed it. I have wonderful team to work with and patients I will never forget. I work for one patient in their own home. i monitor vital signs, administer medications and record all assessments. I have learned how to communicate with other staff members as well at the physicians to make sure my patients needs are always met.
Unmanageable caseloads of 30+
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2018
Little room for creativity, growth, or greater thinking. You will never feel accomplished. Average CM lasts about 3 months maximum due to workload. Patients become attached to you only in time for you to burn out, unfair treatment of patients and a lot of cheek-turning to questionable practices. If you don't mind immorality and only want to make money, you will love it. If your looking for a job that feels good when you go home, keep searching.
Pros
Good pay, gracious patients
Cons
Patients are just a number to make money off of
Official response from Giving Home Health Care
January 29, 2018

I sincerely apologize that you feel that your experience was not positive. Perhaps it was not a good fit for you and you will be happier in a different profession. You have made a lot of claims that are not true, and as you can see from our reviews; this is a great place to work. Best of luck.

Nurses are independent, which is good but sometimes there is a lack of support.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2018
The job is good due to the rate of pay, but nurses are private contractors and have no benefits and no job security. There has been a lot of turn over with the case managers who run the program, which causes confusion. The patients are fine, the actual work is typical for home health. There is a lot of variety of patients and situations.
Pros
Good pay and lots of available hours.
Cons
No benefits, nurses are private contractors.
Great Job
Home Health Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 30, 2017
Love working for them. Sometimes they don't have alot of hours. But they have client that get visits a few hours a week and clients with up to 24 hour care.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benifits
Good people to work for
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work just lacking benefits because I am a contracted worker. I do not want to leave the job, I'm looking for employment that offers medical and dental benefits for my family. I love Giving Home Health Care and I'm glad to be apart of their team.
Fun interaction with patients who need help on an everyday basis
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Espanola, NMSeptember 26, 2017
U do lite house keeping and insure patients safety, cook dinner and get to know your patient well. RNs are well educated and take very good care of patient as well as educating home health aide on things to look out for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No benefits
I've Been an RN for Over 30 Years...
Home Health RN (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 30, 2016
My workdays are great because I can be flexible depending upon what my patients needs are.
~ I get to schedule my visits with my patients directly.
~ I can spend as much time with my patients as they need, because:
~ I don't have a HUGE patient-load. The ratios are humane and manageable, allowing me to spend QUALITY time with my patients.
~ My patients are relatively close-by and I don't have to spend inordinate amounts of time commuting.
~ Travel and charting time are factored into my assignments.

My Management Team is great:
~ They value my experience and expertise.
~ They listen to and respond to suggestions that I have for improving patient-care and work-flow.
~ They understand the benefits of a reasonable patient load and work diligently to make sure that I don't have too many hours per week.
~ We're not top-heavy inn Management

The hardest part of my job:
~ Difficult to think of anything that's "hard."
~ Working as a Contractor means that, while the staff makes sure that there's always work for me, it's not guaranteed.
~ Working as a Contractor, I don't receive any benefits; I have to find my own insurance and make sure that I've saved "vacation" cash for when I'm not working/getting paid.

The most enjoyable part of my job:
~ As noted already, being able to spend quality time with my patients; listening to their stories, supporting them in their journey through illness, getting to know their families.
~ Being a Contractor. Yes, I did say that it's difficult in some ways, but being able to be "self-employed," and considering this as MY business
  more... is EXCELLENT!  less
Pros
Independence, GREAT patient-load, wonderful patients, GREAT Management
Cons
No benefits, contractor status, no job security
working for Giving Home Health has its perks, The pay is good and love the client
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, NMDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of cleaning and washing the dishes, Ensuring the well being and the safety of my client. I enjoy working with my client and being able to sit with my client and telling me about his younger years as a Uranium miner. The many jobs he had when client was younger. The hard part is working with family members.
Pros
spending quality time with client
Cons
No medical benefits, 401K, no advancement, no paid time off, no benefits of any type
Experience at Giving Home Health Care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMDecember 10, 2016
My experience with Giving Home Health care involved working well with the Registered Nurses and good communication with clients. I did not have to commute to work, this made my job easily accessible.
Home Health
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2016
Great place to work for. They really care about their patients and their needs. I got attached to my patients, that was the only hard part. Pay is great as well.
Productive day with patient.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMJanuary 12, 2016
take vitials every three hours, and learn new stuff everyday from the boss (nurse), and work good with my boss and other co workers. what i enjoy working is too help others and hands on stuff and working with others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giving Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Giving Home Health Care Reviews by Location