GKN Aerospace Employee Reviews

team lead
Grind & Polish Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SC 29115August 11, 2018
team lead over the grind and polish department, lead over 20 employees on our crew, worked with management on lean manufacturing and value streaming, assisted engineers for corrective actions, organized department for maximum production
PAYROLL ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSAugust 9, 2018
I would prefer to stay in Wichita with added expenses due to drive and high ins deductible. Has its pros and cons. Lots of communication needed between my position and HR.
Pros
Good price for benefits
Cons
High ins deductible
HR RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 6, 2018
Loved working here, great pay, good benefits. People are very friendly along with management. A lot of opportunity for advancement, and often advance for inside the company.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Supervisor Duties (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 2, 2018
I've learn a lot about manufacturing as a whole working at GKN and alot about people. Being a lead was very demanding at times but in all i enjoyed it kept me on my toes. I also enjoyed the training aspect, showing people how to build things is something i take pride in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rather not say...
Na
Composite Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALAugust 2, 2018
It is a very nice place to work however it is under bad management and things are really slow. They are not very understanding and under a lot of pressure.
temporary job
SR. Welding Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 23, 2018
I like working there but they dont make changes very easy to improve process. I really would except a full time job from GKN aerospace but for the time is it tempoorary
Pros
nice people
Cons
temp job
High paced workforce composite products no assembly line
Sr. QA Insp. DSQR Source Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, AL 36078July 18, 2018
Everyday many take great pride in making the company the best in the world. Meeting customer requirements and shipments. The workforce is the heart beat of the company and sets the pace of hard work and dedication making hundreds of great products.
Pros
people whom you worked with everyday were great
Cons
new management good and bad
way behind on technology and working conditions
Final Bencher/Grinder/Hand finisher (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92020July 14, 2018
lots of work but very poor working conditions... employees tend to steal to compensate for management shortcomings. management looks for somebody to blame instead of fixing problems. favoritism. nepotism is rampant....
Good people; direct reports and my direct managers especially
NDT Technical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 12, 2018
Upper and middle management changes were constantly being made including the top (on-site) leadership (over the 11 years I worked there).

I learned a tremendous amount of technical details of production of aerospace and jet engine and space components. Great direct managers and professional.
Pros
good people - investing in new equipment
Cons
financials were a constant problem/issue
Stressful & lack of caring culture
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALJuly 5, 2018
Really cool technology and opportunities to learn, but the organization is a mess with so many conflicting rules of operation nobody really cares to follow them. Cannot really devote time to long term projects for the betterment of the company, since management keeps changing its collective mind on what is most important.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to learn
Cons
Advancement within the company is difficult and political
Growing Aerospace supplier experiencing growing pains
Quality (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 27, 2018
A lot of growth issues going from a development site to a production site coupled with mismanagement by prior regimes of upper management have created a very chaotic atmosphere that is very likely going to get better over time but only slowly.
nice clean place
Assembly technician (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 18, 2018
they take 5-s very seriously, we never went home early because of parts or anything get your full hours. workers before me said they have not get a raise in years.
Pros
good 5-s and benefits
Cons
no raises
Good work invironement
Assembly Sealer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSJune 9, 2018
Was a awesome job. When we would get behind because of so much work it would be stressful but would always catch up. Had to work 7 days a week to catch up, but it's worth it makes you feel proud! Bosses are nice. We had work picnics. If there was drama which was normal bosses had u work it out or wrote u up !
Hmm place to work!
Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 8, 2018
Pros: Ok place to work if you are trying to make some quick money (overtime all week long including Saturdays and Sundays).

Cons: Highly stressful, cut throat, hostile environment at times, expected to constantly work Saturdays and Sundays, poor management, revolving door of people from the janitors all the way up to upper management, VERY POOR BENEFITS (the bare minimum allowed). This job will change you negatively over time!
Pros
Extra money at a price to your health
Cons
Everything else
Just a job, not a career
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 5, 2018
While I am thankful GKN has given me a opportunity to be a part of their corporation, it just feels the same day in and day out of mindless drone work in which no matter how much you do or how less you do, your work goes unnoticed 70 percent of the time. Advancements are if someone resigns which feels like a handful of employees a month, they just assign that work to you and except you to keep doing it. They very rarely find replacements. All in All people are friendly and just want to get through the day like you do and come back and do it again and again and again. They call this place the proving ground for aerospace manufacturing, meaning that if you can survive 2 years you are worthy of going across the street to the customer and have way better benefits and quarterly bonuses. Just, ehh all the way around.
Pros
Personnel, not micro managed, steady paycheck
Cons
Some at a boys would be nice once in a blue moon, No bonuses to speak of site wide, Healthcare benefits could be better.
I was happy working at GKN
Machinist, Quality (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 2, 2018
I do not wish to comment at this time about my career at GKN. I worked there for 32 years and saw the company go through many changes in management and decline drastically in sales.
Obligated to work too many hours.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYMay 21, 2018
They wanted you Work 12 days straight and then 1 day off. 2 days off per month. No end in sight.

12 hour shifts only.

The shop environment is very hot in summer and very cold in winter.
Pros
Money
Cons
No time for anything else, not even family.
Workplace culture
Accounts Payable Admin (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 10, 2018
This is not a great place to work, they do not retain many of their more current workforce. Many have been here for over 30 years, but those that have not been here that long tend to leave sooner rather than later.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Their health benefits are horrible, no flexibilty.
It's a nice, cool, calm place to work...
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 8, 2018
Gkn needs to realize we are dealing with government parts so we desire more money... We works 6 days a week , 8 hours a day... I enjoyed my time at Gkn.
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
Good place to work.
GKN is a terrible place to work
Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 30, 2018
I would never invite someone to work at GKN. management by crisis.
the pay is pitiful and benefits are worse. Management never doesnt care about the needs of its employees
Pros
literally none
Cons
gkn sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GKN Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight