GKN Aerospace

GKN Aerospace Employee Reviews in Emporium, PA

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,251 reviews

GKN Aerospace insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Excellent pay

I worked at this company for 42+ years. I was given lots of opportunities for in house classes/training to advance my position there. Pay was very good as well as the many extras they provided their employees.

Poor

Management is comprised of clueless fool's.. best thing that ever happened to me was leaving. I will be absolutely shocked if the plant is functioning in a few years. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Good job

They have always been good to me! I’ve been with the company almost 10 years! The benefits do suck! The company give us much turkeys at thanksgiving that’s about it! Also sometimes a lot of overtime! And also you can have a lot of advancement

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad insurance, very seldom a bonus

Good job

Was a decent place to work, not much of a home life working there. Loved the job but was there way too much, lots of overtime and not enough respect.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Not much home life

Good pay, but poor management

Pay is good lots of mandatory overtime. Terrible work and home life balance. Benefits werent that good. Management is clueless and does nothing to help better employees, most good employees quit.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Generally everything

Horrible place to work

This place sucks HR will do anything but what they are paid to do if your a women be careful if you work here favoritism is really bad but good news just go drinking with the supervisor and you can get away with anything its a its a mess no one ever knows whats going on in that place

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Too many

Production Facility, workers are expected to meet extreme production expectations

Production is demanded and workers are expected to sacrifice time and days off to meet production requests during high business seasons. Lots of mandatory overtime during high business seasons. If one shows up to works and doesn't get written up vacation days are rewarded and can be used easily. The work is very repetitive and dull, not a very mentally or emotionally rewarding job. The work is relatively easy to accomplish if one focuses on it.

Pros

Paid break times, healthcare and paid days off

Cons

Shorter breaks, high physical stress

Gkn

Other workers were very rude and would take advantage of you if possible.....Management doesnt know what the right and left hand are doing..However my particular Manager was easy to get along with. This is a great place to make money due to overtime working hours, but does not work well if you are family oriented.

Pros

Mostly money is umlimited to earn due to working hours

Cons

due to working mandatory overtime plans are limited do not work with a family oriented individual

typical day

Loved the set hours and know what to expect when arriving to work. work was repeated day in day out. Managers were involved with floor workers and daily activity

Fast paced

Better than most jobs worse than some there was plenty of work but also there was top much mandatory overtime they should have let those that walter it have it then made the rest mandatory

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

Plenty of work

Poor problem solving

Not much was done regards to problems brought up to management, and it made it seem like they did not care for their employees. Although management does try to fix the problems brought up it would be only temporary. There is no way for a life out side of working here because of overtime. I have not worked at another GKN plant so I would not know if it was like that any other plant.

Pros

Pay

Cons

no personal life, poor management

Great Learning Experience

Shadowed and helped Engineer. Was a great place to work with great people. Taught me a lot of useful information. I would start my day by asking what the engineers needed help with for the day.

Productive work space easy going

Gkn was a great job it was just the right speed and just the right difficulty level for starting in industrial work the management was great and the work was fun

Pros

Paid lunch and awesome supervisor

Cons

Breaks arnt long enough

It was an alright place to work.

When employed by this company and I was a powder coordinator I enjoyed this job for a few reasons. I was on night shift so I was basically my own boss and I knew all of my responsibility for each night.

Fast paced environment with questionable management decisions

30 years would be rough. Lots of walking around on concrete or standing. Hot inside, automotive industry goes through peaks and valleys so lay off happen. Management is not the greatest.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Expensive healthcare, poor management

Busy.

GKN is a metal powder company. Easy going work associates, always on your feet, doing different jobs, pressure of the work is medium. Kind of a tense place to work.

nice place to work

enjoy my job, like the hrs. good place to work, I would recommend friends to work here. great benefits and insurance is also great. great environment to work in.

Decent place to work . Fast paced . Good people to work with . Medical insurance high priced . Good communication with employees.. decent pay And give chances to Learn more.

this is a nice place to work

My day at work is good, I have learned a lot doing my job on the different machines. The management people are ok. My coworkers are nice people to work with.The hardest part of the job is the sever twisting and turning. Is talking with some of the other employees.

Pennsylvania Pressed Metals was my first employer. Bought out by GKN.

Hired me on first..but after almost 3 years moved me to 2nd. I did not acept. Collected unemployment for 2 weeks. The management was very professional.

its a fun place to be and meet new people

i would walk in look at the bulletin board to see which line i was on then go to where ever i had to go and get to work. i learn how these parts are made and how to make them i got my speed up. the management was good whenever i had a problem with something and told the manager about it he would do his best to fix it. my co-workers were the best i made a lot of friends in the factory. the hardest part of my job was trying to keep up with three ovens or furnaces. for most part the best thing of my job that i enjoyed the most was learning new skills and meeting new people.

Pros

we get one ten minuet and 30 minuet break

Cons

it gets really hot in the plant in the summer time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GKN Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GKN Aerospace
  • Emporium, PA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?