GKN Employee Reviews

Very poor place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 10, 2018
Yelled at and belittled every week no answer to any problems and expect results by yelling This place is a true sweat shop. Every Monday we had a its your fault meeting
Pros
Cons
working there
relaxed place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 2, 2018
great job. relaxed work environment. relatively easy as long as the production line was running smoothly. pay was contingent on how much you knew about the line and the machines.
Pros
paid lunch/plenty of overtime
Cons
sometimes too much overtime (7 days a week)
Horrible company to work for
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Salem, IN 47167July 2, 2018
A typical day at work was hard, with a person easily running several presses at once, when there is supposed to be one person to a press. Very hot and uncomfortable work environment. Temps were promoted before people that worked there for years were. The management was horrible, and if you had an issue it would not get addressed and management has told me on several occasions to not bother coming to them with issues because they do not care. Practically no benefits either, and the company insurance was horrible. The only good part about this job was the pay, but it is not worth it to be worked to death.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, few benefits, bad management, hard work
needs work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 29, 2018
very hard place to work, they do not focus on training.then they expect perfection.I feel that they need to revamp management.i feel that they do not recognise good workers..
coworker was a trick or treat kinda crew but fun to work with
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJune 21, 2018
its hard work but its a job. it is very hard on the women and it let different onnce get away with doing nothing, the women carry GKN;
this company is a good company to work for if you need to pay your bill not no moving up or advancing for the woman
Pros
money
Cons
mens and women are very disrespectful towards one another and its is what it is. cu throat
Great place to work and make money if you plan on having no life
Compact press operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, INJune 13, 2018
The money is great..but being lucky to get maybe two days off a month takes its toll on you. After nearly eight years of workin their in above one-hundread degree envirionments...the job became to exhasting and hard to maintain
Pros
Good money
Cons
No time off at all
I enjoyed doing my job. at GKN
Composite Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 23, 2018
It wasn't easy for me to learn this job but I feel that I master it. Dealing with grown adult children that are just there for a check. I didn't feel that I cause a problem, on my job. I enjoy get up and going to it. This have been the hardest place I have worked at since I entered into the working world. Respect goes a long way when you have learn to carry it with you on a day to day basic. My topic day starts off early and work smart no hard. GKN is a great place to seek employment if you are such for work.
Pros
just come in and do your job.
Cons
disrespectfull adult
Wish it could have worked out!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 14, 2018
Loved the company and the job. However, as I mentioned above, management skimmed too much cream off the profits, and let the equipment go without maintenance. Successive new management CEOs attempted vigorously to save the company, but could not. Hats off to them for a valiant effort! I would have stayed, but the doors closed 3 months after I left for Verizon. I miss that place!
Pros
Great supervisor, job diversity.
Cons
The foxes were watching the chicken coop.
ok Place to work
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 10, 2018
not a great place to work or developbut a good opportunity to learn. it was good while I was there but would probably not go back. Detroit are is not the best
Pros
opportunity
Cons
not a great place to work or develop
Very Challenging and Fast Paced Environment
GKN Composites Worker (Current Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 6, 2018
The Aerospace Industry is very challenging yet very interesting from a point of regulation and compliance. The pace in this environment is very fast paced.
Pros
Transition and Growth
Cons
Market Competition
N/a
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAApril 21, 2018
My opinion about this company is irrelevant and co suffering I'm still employed with this co pa t i wohkd rather not say anything - considering it is mostly negative.
Unfair review
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 18, 2018
My review is required by Indeed, but I am not sure that is it fair, it has been a number of years since I have worked there and the company has undergone a lot of changes.
been here
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2018
i worked here for 4 years full time and it was good great people and everything.The job is not hard good money great company. I learned how to operate machines fix them.I love how we get paid every week just doing the same thing everyday.
Pros
money
It is a fast paced production company
Die Setup/Automated Roller Operator (Current Employee) –  Estherville, IAApril 10, 2018
It is a job with a decent salary and benefits, but an excess of overtime is required. The company builds agricultural wheels and is on the cutting edge of design and processes.
Good place to work. Had to decide whether or not to make a career change.
First sales job (Former Employee) –  Armstrong, IAApril 5, 2018
Same as above. Had worked for GKN for almost 20 years so obviously thought it was a good place to work. Advancement was available for those who wanted to continue to advance in their career.
Most racist place to work for
Union Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2018
Boeing's biggest mistake ever. Management and racial issues mixed in with unfair hiring practices and extreme prejudice from thier HR dept.makes this place a cancer and a bomb that could explode st any time. Total disregard for its workers.
Pros
If you can leave please fo so, if not stay and ride it out!!
Cons
The most racist of all GKN units, St.Louis.
After a shift, you would feel like you accomplished something.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIMarch 23, 2018
Forklift operating, moving metal powders, automobile parts, cardboard bails and shipping materials to trucks.
My manager was cool and very supportive, some of the other managers was very rude however.
Poor management
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCMarch 18, 2018
Management does not believe in treating the people well. There is no work life balance for any except senior management. There is a very good reason that there is a hostile takeover attempt. Management is all for the short term.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
poor mangement
productive
Electrician and mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, PAMarch 14, 2018
fast paste machinery high volume of work constantly busy from the time you arrive till the time you leave very complex environment dealing with high temp furnaces and dorst presses and sacmi presses ex.
Pros
work experience
Cons
lack of lunch breaks
easy and smooth work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 14, 2018
Gkn is a simple and well managed company. The work environment is friendly and enjoyable and the hardest part about it is getting used to the hours you might put in.