Glade Run Lutheran Services Employee Review

View all Glade Run Lutheran Services reviews

Poorly Run
worker (Current Employee) –  ZelienopleJuly 25, 2013
Still back in the 1960's with the executive staff firmly entrenched in their ivory tower. Corporate culture is poor with a vague sense of mission. Strict vertical chain of command and no communication between departments. Nice guy, but very weak, CEO in charge so we survive in spite of our poor misguided policies. Worker bees at the bottom do the heavy lifting while those in director positions muddle around trying to look busy. A recipe for disaster but we manage to survive - not thrive. Its a shame because abused kids deserve topnotch programs and better care .
Pros
Scenic campus, animals
Cons
wages, outdated rules, lack of leadership, cronyism

Other Glade Run Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

A very stressful job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  zelienople pa.April 8, 2018
This job was too stressful and management was poor. I yried this job out to try and make a difference in these kids lives. I feel that I somewhat succeeded but, there were too many drawbacks.
Pros
interaction with kids
Cons
poor managment. lack of support from fellow councelors
Past employee
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 18, 2017
When I first began a great run Lutheran Services it seems like a great place to work. I quickly found that out that as middle management I was expected to be a puppet. Agency overall played favorites, had a sense of entitlement over clients, were racist and we're not very Christian like despite being "faith-based" . As a Christian, I think this hurt me the most. I would not recommend anyone working for this agency. There are a lot of other agencies that offer the same job positions, will pay you more money and have a better work culture.