Glass and Mirror Craft

Glass and Mirror Craft Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
The hardest part of the day perhaps would be when there is a pile up or a set back, either due to a station either failing to meet the quota of production, or due to just having too much to do in a day. The management is extremely helpful in those situations, where they efficiently find the problem and create a solution to keep up the workflow.
July 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and I am extremely happy to hear that our Leadership team steps in to help when our Team Members need assistance.

Marty Jeppesen

People
My experience at Glass & Mirror Craft has been very positive. Everyone wants you to be successful. Anything that I've wanted to learn, they've been willing to teach me.

I have a lot of respect for the management team because they saw my work ethic and my desire and drive to want to do better, for the company, as well as for myself and my family.

I absolutely would recommend working here but you have to have a good work ethic. If you don't want to come to work and work hard, this is not for you. I think a lot of the bad reviews online have come from those who don't have what it takes to be successful here.

Pros: Competitive pay. Plenty of overtime for those who enjoy working a lot of hours. All team members, I like them all.

Cons: It's hot in the summer
It's exciting to work here. Everyday is busy and there is a lot of opportunity. If you want to move up, you can. It's whether or not you want to go the extra mile to get there. I started at the bottom, and I have worked my way to the top as part of the Leadership Team.

The owner is excellent to work for. He cares about the employees and he takes care of them. He goes out of his way to make sure everyone has equal opportunity, and he does things for us after hours, too. he's very hands on and is here daily.

Pros: Career growth opportunities, good people to work with, and good products

Cons: Fabricating glass is hard work and there are times where we work a lot of hours especially during our peak season
My experience at Glass & Mirror Craft has been very good. I was promoted to Customer Service Manager after only six months.

For me it's very nice to be appreciated and here, I am. I've worked at other places where I was put down a lot. Not here.

Management is very hands on. They want to get problems solved. They actually work to get them solved. They care.

I think it's a good place to work.

Pros: The money. Laid back. Advancement opportunities

Cons: It's busy and not everyone is able to handle that.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
When working at Glass and Mirror Craft everyone got along with each other. Management is friendly, they talk with you. I have nothing but good situations with them with some of the stuff that's come up.

It was a good atmosphere and I enjoyed coming in. I liked being able to get overtime.

Pros: Good work environment and they take care of you.

Cons: Early hours. Being a single father I wasn't able to work the necessary schedule.
Working at Glass and Mirror Craft is definitely hard work as well as working long hours some days, but we are paid well so it's worth it. It's a good environment, good team to be around.

Management is good and there are a lot of people that will help you succeed here and get you to where you need & want to be.

I like that I have the opportunity to advance in pay. The more positions you qualify for, the more you get paid, and they train you.

Pros: Pay & Flexibility in scheduling within my department

Cons: Long hours
Working at Glass & Mirror Craft, whatever you put in, you'll get back. If you come to work and put forth effort, it can be rewarding.

I value my team members here. They take time with you, they listen, and they try to help you. I'd recommend working here, if you want to actually work.
The management will work with you and put you in positions to be successful. As long as you show interest and show up to work you can move up. Most of the Management came from the floor and even got school paid for. Also a lot of opportunity for bonus.
Pros
Paid lunch, $$$ bonus
Cons
Glass can be heavy depending where you work
Great pay lots of work very fast paced environment, i haven't worked here in two years company had some problems but what company doesn't. Would i recommend? Yes
March 28, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always looking at ways for improvement within our company.

People
Poor management and stressful environments. Work almost 70hrs a week. Was there over a year without a raise but still had good reviews on performance. Not recommended place to work.
Pros
Discount on glass. Insurance benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks. Working 12-15hr days. Hot environment without ventilation
March 28, 2019
We appreciate your feedback and wish you would have had a better experience here at Glass and Mirror Craft. We will continue to make improvements throughout our whole organization and make G&MC a great place to work.

People
At glass and mirror craft I did a couple different positions but I have the most experience on the unload side of the oven. I would look at my labels before I started measuring so that way I had an idea what I’m looking at.
Pros
Workout I lifted lots of heavy glass
Cons
The oh wasn’t that good for the tasks they set.
March 28, 2019
We appreciate your feedback and definitely appreciate your diligence in reading each tag before measuring!!

People
The pay is good the hours are to much if u have a family because they don't care about your life. This place does not follow employee rights they take advantage of you, treat you like your nothing. Very prejudice place to work a lot of favoritism. Management is very unorganized, they do not communicate with each other all they do is fight with each other. If u want to make a good 3 to 4 grand in one month u can do it here but dont make it no longer than 90 days there's a new manager every 6 months. With the lack of training and the poor equipment they provide u to work with someone is bound to get seriously injured. They will lie to you in the interview just to get u in the building then you can be fired your 1st day, I've seen it go on for a whole year
Pros
The pay is cool
Cons
Poor training, poor management, poor communication, dangerous place to work.
I did not care for the environment, leadership, pay, and the constant
"insisting" on working long hours well into 60+ hours a week. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
September 13, 2018
We appreciate your feedback and wish you could have had a better experience here at GMC. Safety & Leadership is very important to us and we will continue to find ways to improve.

People
Hard place to work. Management very hard to cooperate with.

Never any notice on overtime employees were normally informed on Friday that they would be working Saturday.

Quality of employees was subbpar at best. Very hard to get people to care about there job.
Pros
Employee functions
Cons
No notice on overtime
July 18, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Work/life balance is very important to us as well as Team Member appreciation, which we will continue to improve upon.

People
Management was terrible. No one care about their job or making there counterparts job easier. The blame was always shifted to the lowest man on the toting pole. The lack of training was most annoying.
July 18, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Developing & training our Team Members is very important to us as well as Team Member appreciation, which we will continue to improve our process.

People
was terrible wouldn't let me leave an hr early to go to school. Management flat out told me to work the hours asked of me or give them a 2 week notice .
Pros
Cons
long hours, dangerous work
typical day at work with all kind of glass process and temp then ship to the customer, learned a lot of skills in glass processing, management are organized hard part of the job lifting heavy pieces over 80 pounds most of the time.
They let you take on as much as you want. If you want to move forward all you have to do is prove to be good at your current job and just ask for more. This company loves to cross train and promote within. If you hide in a corner and complain, then expect to stay there. There is not time for pity-parties and entitled people.
Pros
opportunities, cross-training, awesome bonus structure
Cons
Product is fragile
July 18, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that your are enjoying your GMC experience! Developing our Team Members is very important to us.

People
G & MC is a growing company with many employees that started out in manufacturing now working in engineering, scheduling, shipping, as lead employees, schedulers, and Supervisors. Its a simple concept, show up for work on time every day, work safe while you are there, and work smart! You will do well. The environment on the plant floor has improved dramtically over the several years I have worked there. New equipment, great ventilation, and high tech solutions to age old glass fabrication. a younger work culture with the average age under thirty. The hardest part of the job is getting fellow employees to show up on time. You can earn great bonuses just for working safe and being on time.
Basic work, dont break glass and you will do fine, make sure parts arent bent.

Management isnt the best and they all seem to back stab each other when something goes wrong.
Unbalanced daily schedule, lack of communication, and minimal chance for advancement unless over 90 day probation period. Enjoyed the semi sociable moments and teamwork.
Pros
80+ hour weeks, Pay, Fast paced
Cons
Short break, job/life balance