Glassdoor Employee Reviews

Don't Work Here! No Benefits Management is all over the place.
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Work from HomeSeptember 12, 2018
Don't work here no benefits and management is all over the place.

No credibility, no verification of reviews submitted.

The just want to make money and don't care about the validity of the information they publish.
Pros
Very Little
Cons
No Bnefits
Lots of fakers
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  mill valleyAugust 30, 2018
I hate to work at this place. They look like they trying to build a review website, but in fact all they do it so chase the money. I work in customer support, I deal with small business owners whose only good reviews got removed so we can sell them services. While the big corporation who paid us, they remove the negative reviews. Everybody in the company knows that glassdoor is not a profitable business by running reviews, and their ads suck. I deal with clients asking why the glassdoor ads never pull any qualified candidates all the time. This is literally the only way they can make money. I do not approve of that, and I told my manager that I am not comfortable because any other job I had was actually helping people solving problems. The Manager tried to "educate me on business". I guess they do that is because they are trying to go public and they are trying to prove that they are profitable. I have a business degree, I may not be a business expert, but I know the basics. Even I know this is not a sustainable way. How about actually fix your services, and make them actually work, then people will actually sign up for your services. Because apparently Indeed, a free job posting website, works way much better than glassdoor,
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
I feel I thretean people all the time
Great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
Great company.
Lovable people.
With a great atmosphere.
I've never worked for a place where I was actually happy to work for them am I felt like they appreciates me.
An it's my pleasure to serve.
Pros
Great
Interesting Indeed is now a version of Glassdoor
Senior Sales Account/ Global Enterprise Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Having worked at Glassdoor alongside our CEO, I was provided an inside scope at the remarkable nature of which data travels and the impact it holds and maintains.
Interesting to see Indeed now performing the same coverages.
fun workplace
Search Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Enjoying and challenging work. Solid mission. Very fast paced. Good benefits and perks. Fun coworkers. who are all very passionate about the work being done.
Great!!
Helpdesk Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CANovember 27, 2017
This office and company is great enough that I am, in all seriousness, almost superstitious about posting about how great it is.

Things just seem to be done so rationally here, and reasonably too. Workplace politics that I have come to deal with at other places are relatively nonexistent. Even the IT is well-thought-out and executed.

The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. The flexibility can also make work a bit difficult, in that other groups can change personnel and teams without that knowledge propagating easily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are universally interested in learning and applying knowledge to an overall task that's pretty hard to argue with - getting people good jobs.
Poor work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Blue Mound, TXAugust 27, 2017
It was always hot in the building. Employees were not working at there full pace which causes us to be behind in work. Some workers don't be working at all. Managers are not professional.
Glassdoor Recruiter
Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2017
I was brought on as a contract recruiter for the summer to fill our sales roles.
I've had a blast and love the people I work with.
I hope to be extended through the fall!
Pros
People!
Fun dog friendly office and good employees.
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Marin County, CAAugust 3, 2017
Fun place to work with a dog friendly environment and plenty of stocked snacks and catered foods. Game room is cool with arcades and kegs.

C class management can sometimes be ridiculous.
Pros
Free Lunches. Game Room, Snacks
Cons
Face paced, Constant change
great people
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2017
Glassdoor is a company with a clear mission and they work effectively to bring that mission to life. The people are friendly and competent.
Used to be great!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJuly 26, 2016
Glassdoor used to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately, they have made some significant changes within the last 12 months that has created a sour culture in sales. No one is getting paid, no one is happy, and most are looking for other jobs.

I hope they can turn it around as I truly believe in their mission and extraordinary executive leadership.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Significantly underpaid and undervalued
IT Manager & Lead Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAJuly 2, 2015
I always felt like I was making a difference in the world.

The leadership is great, the people are great and the culture is great.

Just had to move continents or I would have stayed forever!
Dysfunctional Family
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CADecember 16, 2014
Glassdoor wants to believe it treats its staff like a family, but it is incredibly dysfuntcional. In the beginning, they seem to treat their employees well, but then arbitrarily eliminate their roles or let them go for no good reason. I have seen it happen many times.

Also, their strategy changes so often that is there is no true job security or opportunity for advancement. The management team is inexperienced and immature and often make decisions that lack real thought or analysis.

Glassdoor's product team lacks innovation. They merely copy the market leaders - like Indeed and TripAdvisor.

Good people are being let go, and a lot of other good people are leaving. Glassdoor is not managing its growth well, and the "family" is falling apart.

*note: wrote a similar review on Glassdoor, but (surprise) they did not post it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Compensation below market, no job security, limited opportunity for advancement
Good potential
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYNovember 12, 2014
Company had a great opportunity to growth, but lacked in upper management.
Great Place to work with lots to do.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2014
Amazing place to work with lots to do everyday, I learned a lot during my internship. The con's would be the distance from the city, if you don't have a car its hard to get to the office everyday. But besides the the distance it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free snacks, Open Kitchen, Keeps you busy.
Cons
Far away from the city, if you don't have a car it's hard to get there.
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 2, 2014
Worked as a temp for 2 months and was not hired in perm. even though they were hiring, read reviews on companies and accepted, rejected or escalated the reviews. The employees were great and the job was easy. You could work from home if you were hired in perm. The hardest part was reading a computer screen for 8 hours a day. Loved the way you were treated there, always willing to help if you could not make it in.
Pros
keurig machine, bagels the beginning of the week and donuts towards end of the week, parties on certain holidays, fully stocked fridge and cupboards.
Cons
not hired in perm.
Excellent team and good opportunity to learn
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elkton, KYApril 5, 2014
I love the company and what I do, being able to be helpful and apply knowledge and learning is a good opportunity for me, people are very nice and helpful, I enjoy working during the week and I miss being with my friends during the weekends
Pros
Great experience to grow and be part of the company
Cons
Location and working hours
Smart team with a great product
Sales  (Former Employee) –  SausalitoJuly 2, 2013
Good place to start your career. The CEO definitely built a strong company with solid values. Also the B2C component is the best out there and the B2C side is growing too.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Awesome culture, people and work. I get to learn a lot of new things every day. What more do you need?
Great company, Great Product
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  SausalitoOctober 15, 2012
Best company I've ever worked for and an awesome product that can't be beat!
Pros
great work environment and culture
Cons
free snacks, but no free lunch