Play YouTube video button
Glassdoor

Glassdoor Employee Reviews

United States27 reviews
Featured review
Glassdoor selected this as a representative review
Glassdoor was the best place I've worked yet. The leadership at Glassdoor was great and they really pushed us to succeed in our roles. I was able to learn a lot of different skills outside of my day-to-day responsibilities.
The people are nice, but there is a lot of process. Sometimes it is hard to move at the pace that we need to keep up. However, the work is interesting and the problems are interesting.
The people at Glassdoor are some of the best. Good eggs all around.

If you're on the right team at the right time, there are also amazing opportunities for career advancement. Every 6 months or so I've been given new responsibilities, had the opportunity to learn new skills, or even had the chance to try a new function. I never get bored and I see other teams promoting from within as well.

Commuting to Mill Valley was a pain but we're moving to SF HQ soon, whenever remote ends.
Glassdoor was a great place to work! I had the opportunity to work with amazing sales managers who were able to excel my growth as a rep. The culture allowed you to be your authentic self at work and earn the commission you worked hard for.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A great Product for job seekers and great company. Is closing one chapter and starting another as focusing on being the best employer branding resource in the world.
The best workplace experience yet. Collaborative, engaging, fun and competitive. Awesome benefits, gym, food and great compensation. The people are amazing and everyone wants you to succeed.
Glassdoor has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It is full of smart, motivated and overall good people. It is a joy to come into work on a daily basis and I am proud to be employed by Glassdoor.
Don't work here no benefits and management is all over the place.

No credibility, no verification of reviews submitted.

The just want to make money and don't care about the validity of the information they publish.
Pros
Very Little
Cons
No Bnefits
I hate to work at this place. They look like they trying to build a review website, but in fact all they do it so chase the money. I work in customer support, I deal with small business owners whose only good reviews got removed so we can sell them services. While the big corporation who paid us, they remove the negative reviews. Everybody in the company knows that glassdoor is not a profitable business by running reviews, and their ads suck. I deal with clients asking why the glassdoor ads never pull any qualified candidates all the time. This is literally the only way they can make money. I do not approve of that, and I told my manager that I am not comfortable because any other job I had was actually helping people solving problems. The Manager tried to "educate me on business". I guess they do that is because they are trying to go public and they are trying to prove that they are profitable. I have a business degree, I may not be a business expert, but I know the basics. Even I know this is not a sustainable way. How about actually fix your services, and make them actually work, then people will actually sign up for your services. Because apparently Indeed, a free job posting website, works way much better than glassdoor,
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
I feel I thretean people all the time
Great company.
Lovable people.

With a great atmosphere.

I've never worked for a place where I was actually happy to work for them am I felt like they appreciates me.

An it's my pleasure to serve.
Pros
Great
Cons
Having worked at Glassdoor alongside our CEO, I was provided an inside scope at the remarkable nature of which data travels and the impact it holds and maintains.
Interesting to see Indeed now performing the same coverages.
Enjoying and challenging work. Solid mission. Very fast paced. Good benefits and perks. Fun coworkers. who are all very passionate about the work being done.
This office and company is great enough that I am, in all seriousness, almost superstitious about posting about how great it is.

Things just seem to be done so rationally here, and reasonably too. Workplace politics that I have come to deal with at other places are relatively nonexistent. Even the IT is well-thought-out and executed.

The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. The flexibility can also make work a bit difficult, in that other groups can change personnel and teams without that knowledge propagating easily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are universally interested in learning and applying knowledge to an overall task that's pretty hard to argue with - getting people good jobs.
I was brought on as a contract recruiter for the summer to fill our sales roles.
I've had a blast and love the people I work with.

I hope to be extended through the fall!
Pros
People!
Fun place to work with a dog friendly environment and plenty of stocked snacks and catered foods. Game room is cool with arcades and kegs.

C class management can sometimes be ridiculous.
Pros
Free Lunches. Game Room, Snacks
Cons
Face paced, Constant change
Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
Glassdoor is a company with a clear mission and they work effectively to bring that mission to life. The people are friendly and competent.
Glassdoor used to be a great company to work for. Unfortunately, they have made some significant changes within the last 12 months that has created a sour culture in sales. No one is getting paid, no one is happy, and most are looking for other jobs.

I hope they can turn it around as I truly believe in their mission and extraordinary executive leadership.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Significantly underpaid and undervalued
I always felt like I was making a difference in the world.

The leadership is great, the people are great and the culture is great.

Just had to move continents or I would have stayed forever!
Glassdoor wants to believe it treats its staff like a family, but it is incredibly dysfuntcional. In the beginning, they seem to treat their employees well, but then arbitrarily eliminate their roles or let them go for no good reason. I have seen it happen many times.

Also, their strategy changes so often that is there is no true job security or opportunity for advancement. The management team is inexperienced and immature and often make decisions that lack real thought or analysis.

Glassdoor's product team lacks innovation. They merely copy the market leaders - like Indeed and TripAdvisor.

Good people are being let go, and a lot of other good people are leaving. Glassdoor is not managing its growth well, and the "family" is falling apart.

*note: wrote a similar review on Glassdoor, but (surprise) they did not post it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Compensation below market, no job security, limited opportunity for advancement
Company had a great opportunity to growth, but lacked in upper management.