Glasser & Glasser, PLC Employee Reviews

Staff (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 16, 2018
Good company with knowledgable staff. Upper management can be... Questionable, and very immature. Lots of gossip, and other things of that nature. Still, great place to work
Don't waste your time and energy
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 26, 2018
Management is unprofessional, there is favoritism to certain employees and a lack of privacy when it comes to communication between managers and employees. You are criticized for every mistake and not really properly trained for the job. Coworkers often did nothing but eat and gossip about other people in the office all day (along with the manager). I hated it and was gone within a few short months.
Pros
Pay, Location
Cons
Unprofessional management, lack of training, favoritism
Horrible place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 8, 2018
Would never recommend this place to work
This is a unprofessional environment
Not professional management.no advancement for growth no vacation time for time off.Management is not helpful regarding their employees to grow
Pros
No advancement
Cons
No advancement
Typical day
Foreclosure Supervisor/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 8, 2018
I was constantly filing new cases with the court. Ordering titles, reviewing titles, setting sales, mailing notices to debtor and inferior creditors. I handled case from beginning to the end. I conducted the evictions and prepared title packages for VA and HUD.
excellent place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 11, 2017
An amazing company with an amazing staff. Everyone works together and the job is well organized. If you are in need of assistance there is always someone there to help. The bosses work just as hard as the staff and the benefits are wonderful.
fufilliing
Assistant Collector Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company, they were fair to the employees, they acknowledged good work and offered fair bonus to those that earned it. It was difficult to leave.
good experience
Va - Garnishment Mailing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2016
You get lots of good experience but there is a high turn over rate mainly because they do not want to compensate their employees.
Great place!
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2016
Great people and wonderful working conditions. The atmosphere is calm and inviting, the work is kept at a steady pace and there is always room for advancement.
Busy lawfirm with emphasis on large production goals
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2016
For those willing to learn, this is a great company to get exposure to many different types of law. The lawyers are amazing at answer questions and serving as mentors when needed. Benefits offered are good but the health insurance options do leave something to be desired as they do require very large deductibles before services are covered by insurance. Also some of the management staff do not encourage workers to expand their knowledge of job skills beyond those that they need to do the job they are assigned therefore growing knowledge is sometimes hard to do.
Pros
Wonderful attorneys to work for
Cons
Healthcare Benefits
Interesting work/non-repetitive
Management (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2016
I have gained a lot of experience working here because the attorneys have an open door policy. As you continue to ask questions and understand why your doing a certain role within the lawfirm you will understand why each role is important. Management is helpful with addressing concerns. The attorneys take pride on what they do and their passion is to do what is right by the client and treat the defendant with respect. Its not difficult to be promoted as long as you have a positive attitude and continue to do well.
Employment with Glasser and Glasser PLC
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 19, 2016
I have been employed with Glasser and Glasser PLC for over sixteen years. When I moved to Virginia from the State of New Jersey I didn't have any knowledge of the laws of the Commonwealth even though I had been a Legal Assistant in New Jersey. Glasser and Glasser took a chance on me and I was hired 3 weeks after relocating. I was blessed to work under managers and supervisors, who always shared their knowledge so I could better myself within the law firm. Our lawyers have an open door policy and do not hesitate to assist you with a particular job. When people ask me where I work, I tell them I work for Glasser and Glasser and they are always asking me; "How can I get a job there?" This law firm truly cares about their employees, their education and their families. When an emergency occurs, this law firm is always ready to see how they can assist.
Pros
1 hour lunches, parties, summer picinic's. The staff help with everything.
Cons
I cant think of any at this time
Great Company to Start and Build Your Career
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VirginiaApril 19, 2016
Glasser and Glasser, PLC has been a great place to work. My favorite part about working at Glasser is the staff, management and the clients.The employees are intelligent, fun to work with and passionate about their work. Excellent company to begin and develop a successful career.
Pros
Flexibility, good benefits, excellent co-workers
Great work environment, solid team atmosphere
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 19, 2016
The work can be diverse and challenging. Co-workers are congenial and ready to lend a hand. I appreciate the fact that I am trusted with assignments that allow me to utilize my knowledge and experience. The firm recognizes and appreciates loyalty and longevity. I would say the hardest part of the job is being pulled in many directions. Management's main focus is the financial stability and reputation of the firm. I do question their ability to understand and empathize with the financial reality of the typical employee.

I am happy here and have no plans to look anywhere else - unless my job becomes completely boring and repetitive.
Pros
Interesting work, parking, location, co-workers, 401k
Cons
health insurance, noisy
Dont stand by their word
Collections Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  virginia beach, vaSeptember 1, 2015
No matter how hard you tried, never was recognized for the work. Wanted to keep a person stagnant. Wanted to keep you in a position because you knew the job.
Be careful, don't expect to move but so far.
Pros
co-workers were amazing and loving.
Cons
management was not fair
Very Dry
Coll. Dept (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2015
Glasser and Glasser is a very dry, old, uneventful place of employment. I currently work in the collections department. It is often times a joke. Very little actual supervision! The supervisors train you per task, not job. The partners wont remember you, even if you work 10 feet away from them. There is very little advancement. Good stepping stone, if you have a degree. Low pay, bad benefits, make you park 4 blocks away across a major roadway.
Pros
Very little supervision, building location
Cons
pay, benefits, parking
Good work environment
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Great employees. Wonderful group of people. Good team work. Always new things to learn. Employees always willing to help you.
Choose your Battles
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 11, 2015
While the company is more than happy to teach new skills, the end result is never in your own favor.
Base pay starts just over minimum wage for those with experience; this hurts. If you express ability, they will pile on the work with little to no compensation.
While trying to save money and keep profits high, they increase work loads on those already over extended. This makes meeting deadlines next to impossible; often they are not met, but rather completed days or weeks later.
In general, the staff is educated and everyone seems willing to help one another; when possible. Due to compensation and other atmospheric factors, there is a rather high turn over rate.
Pros
Close to Home, Set schedule
Cons
No parking, Traffic, Compensation
Love some of the people I worked with
Legal Collector (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 25, 2014
No summary at this time...A typical work day begins at 8am & ends at 5pm except a late day,.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Poor management
N/a
PLEADINGS PREP CLERK (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 8, 2014
N/A COLLECTIONS RECEPTIONIST GLASSER AND GLASSER, PLC
MARCH 2011-SEPTEMBER 2012
• Answer and route phone calls to appropriate parties/departments using multi-line switch board.
• Receive and forward electronic faxes to correct individuals and teams.
• Process outgoing mail to be sent to co-counsel and Virginia General District Courts.
Competitive workplace
Legal collector (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2014
I learned a lot when it comes to the legal aspect of collections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glasser & Glasser, PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Glasser & Glasser, PLC Reviews by Location