GlaxoSmithKline
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from GlaxoSmithKline:

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA41 reviews
After working in the medical industry for many years I found GLAXOSMITHKLINE to be one of the best as an industry leader in product development and research as well as compensation. It was a wonderful work enviornment that provided ongoing training in a professional enviornment. My customer base was primarily Specialist in the Northern Virginia area and after years of being gone I still maintain relationships with many of my former clients and coworkers. The corporate culture was family friendly lending itself to a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
managed my own territory and business plan that enabled me to develop strong relationships, i gained an extensive knowledge of pharmacology over a broad range of therapeutic areas
Cons
too many meetings that kept the sales force out of the field
I loved working at GSK. Innovation and protocols are far advanced than most places I’ve worked. The OJT is outstanding it definitely made me think on my toes
This is a great place to get experience and see different things. You can meet all sorts of amazing people working here. You get to go to different sites and do medical screens for patients.
Was a contractor working at Glaxo Smith Kline was not a direct employee of Glaxo Smith Kline. Seemed like a good place to work. I worked there for a year.
the culture at Glaxo was a little too relaxed with the dress code. ppl were wearing flip flops and very revealing clothing. After I was hired, my background check came back in and I was let go. For my position, such extreme measures should have been reconsidered especially after I had passed all my other assessments and tests.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Over all a great place to work with great professionals. The environment is competitive with a lot of chances for growth.

Work life balance is amazing.
This company is a great company but their supervisor and managers can be awfully unprofessional. If the manager don’t like you or you are not from his nationality he will fire people. They have some supervisors with no education or intelligence whatsoever . Coworkers are bipolar and mean at least in the department I work for, they don’t like to train others and they treat you as less as if they were born with experience. Some coworkers thinks that because she have 10 years there she is smart but it’s only a repetitive work she does that make her believe she have some intelligence but she was very dumb and nasty with everyone. Overall pay is ok , managers very unprofessional.
Official response from GlaxoSmithKline
August 28, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. We really value our employee’s feedback and it’s important that our employees feel supported. We are focused on creating a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone at GSK can feel able and inspired to realise their potential. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us via our Speak Up channel at https://gsk.i-sight.com/landing-page/ to provide more specific information so that we may look further into the concerns that you have expressed.
Good company to work for -- they do great work for public health and research and development and science.

Smart people with a good culture.

good pay and benefits.
They are a very prestigious company, however, I do not feel that they do whatever they can in order to keep their top talent employees. I don't feel as valued as I thought I would.
GSK Vaccines is a good place to learn new skills.Very good work life balance, good use of technology. Very global in its structuring, therefore one can get plenty of exposure to international standards across the industry.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good compensation
Cons
Difficult to move up, very complicated processes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GlaxoSmithKline?
Great company to work for. Friendly, Hard-working people. Nice building and a lot of company social activities which is a good way to meet your coworkers.
I have been working here for only a few months but I really like the company culture. As a creative person, my most hardworking energy kind of comes and goes in highs and lows and that is sort of how the busy and slow times work around here.
my pharma experience was long ago but I still am not fond of being told of my every move. I enjoy a more entrepreneurial approach to my management of my territory.
Excellent company to work for. It's a very fast-paced environment. In which you help improve the quality of life of others. We really try to do more, improve lives for our patients, and live longer.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A typical day would startt with no direction or incite from leadership.

The training department was very outdated and out of touch with the needs of the company.
Pros
i was given an opportunity
Cons
Leadership out of touch with staff and industry needs
The rating system only allows for people to be in competition with one another for rating. Being compared to each other is not a work life balance when married families with sick family members are compared to single workers with no real daily stress from other situations.
Pros
A good manager can be a possibility
Cons
Above site managers are clueless of real situations
GSK was a great company to work for because I received the opportunity to learn a lot from management and my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we had many picnics and we used the team building that we had.
GSK is a company with a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth within its variety of enterprises. Culture is patient focused and GSK takes care of its employees with its competitive full compensation package.
Teammates feel like family! A great place where teammates work collectively to complete the tasks at-hand. Company offers great benefits and incentives for individuals to continue completing great work.
Large company, I would prefer DYE rather than Contractor via CRO. Lack of resources training to efficiently complete tasks, which caused bottle necking at times.
Pros
Flexibility, Personnel, Remote option
Cons
Training too vague and many paths required to achieve tasks, ack of in-depth knowledge (SME) support., duplication of efforts in multiple systems for study management
A typical day at GSK was face paced and demanding. I enjoyed the competitive atmosphere because it motivated me to continue to seek education and trainings. I enjoyed my job, took pride in what I was making, and was encouraged by management to continue to move up. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Many company picnics, room to grow within company
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GlaxoSmithKline.