GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Form/Fill/Lyo (FFL)-Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Marietta, PASeptember 21, 2018
I love the company culture. GSK care about doing drug development right, truthful marketing of and 360 care and growth of its employees. If you're lucky enough to get an offer from this 5-star company, don't think twice about accepting it!
Pros
Employees can explore secondments
Cons
I have no criticism
Poor
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2018
For contract workers there is no future in this company. They work you hard as the permeant workers stand around allot. to much down time from product to product.
Lots of changes
RESPIRATORY BIOLOGICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
The company is going through many changes and it difficult to stay in a position to advance. Management is changing constantly as well. They pay less than other companies in the industry.
A vibrant and everchanging pharmaceutical company, high volume, used to be like a family
Accounts Payable Customer Service Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
I and 80 other employees were laid off due to outsourcing finance to India in 2007. At GSK, I moved up 3 positions within 8 years after I was finally recognized as an Accounts Payable Leader and Problem Solver. I solely communicated with other functional teams Purchasing, Receiving, GL, Chart of Accounts, JDE Helpdesk, and internal and external customers for process improvement and for accurate timely payment processing. I met with other teams frequently assisting management with new processes and trained all new employees on the AP procedures. I lead the AP training team for Genpact India rewriting the AP SOP procedure manuals. The location in Philadelphia was a difficult commute for 16 years. My compensation at GSK was as an exempt salaried employee with yearly raises and yearly bonuses. I traveled to other states to train transition teams and was an integral member of the AP Customer Service Team.
Pros
Busy huge company and lots of work. Open to Process Imporvement
Cons
Slightly cut throat within departments but one can be elevated anyway.
Patient first, employees last!
Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the USSeptember 12, 2018
Announced layoffs. Would rather keep an underachieving contract team than keep loyal employees. Stockholders>your well being. Terrible culture where FLL's give high ratings to their favorite employees vs high achieving sales results which is reviewed weekly and sent in an email. Just to make it clear, never received a 4 or 5 rating.
Pros
Not sure anymore.
Cons
Terrible culture. A sales organization that doesn't promote sales results.
Inspiring company mission
Head, Global Content Management & Strategy (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
GSK is one of the most socially conscious companies I've worked for. Some earlier missteps forced changes in business operations. Now, highly ethical.
Pros
Flexible about work schedule and telecommuting. Good salary and incentives. Good benefits.
Cons
Transition to digital is very slow and painful.
Sales people that don't really sell
Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2018
The GlaxoSmithKline sales organization has taken all the selling out of the organization. Sales Representatives are micro-analyzed on all their behaviors and it is forbidden to discuss sales results. It leads to a real disconnect from reality. People are looking for extra projects to gain attention so they are given higher ratings. There is a lot of negative coaching with very little up side. Bonuses have become few and far between.
Pros
Company car, pension
Cons
No real sales culture
Great company
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
I was proud to have worked for GSK. They offer their employees a competitive compensation and benefits package. They are also a great corporate citizen.
Gsk
Payer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Not DisclosingSeptember 10, 2018
Company claims to be very pateint focused. However, is really focused on what is best fo legal future of GSK. Avoiding law suits is king; pateints are secondary to legal guidance.
Promotions are available for the person who is the right fit. Huge focus on inclusion and diversity. Not as much focus on the skillsets.
Good company overall, but depends on what part of the organization you are a part of - interview them hard.
great experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 10, 2018
I spent a summer here. It was a great experience. I worked with and was mentored by wonderful staff. I am unhappy that Indeed is making me write these reviews.
Good company with lots of oppurtunities
Dental Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonSeptember 10, 2018
GSK was a really great company for me to start out with after I graduated college. The salary was reasonable and they let you progress far if you wanted. I ended up leaving the company early to go back to school. However if I had stayed, its such a big company that progression can happen into different areas and also different countries.
decent work place
Senior Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2018
lately promotion of people seems to be less on performance and more on other factors to reflect inclusion and diversity. the job is all dependent on who your manager is
Fair company but work/life balance is lacking
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2018
Good company with high demand of selling often times overseeing the work/life balance with the work load.
Calling on private medical doctor offices in the SF Bay area. I learned in depth the disease of Asthma and COPD. The culture is with high demand with doctor calls per day and sales selling model rules and expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job are my customers and learning about the disease state of Asthma and COPD.
Pros
Great benefits. Good product line
Cons
workload/balance lacking
Development & growth are key benefits of working at GSK. Each business unit owns its culture, and the pipeline has been a driver of success.
FIELD VICE PRESIDENT, Respiratory Biologics Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
The number one asset at GSK is its people and the reason why an individual would stay for many years. GSK also has a great vision of do more, feel better, and live longer, with patients at the core.
Fun place to work
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCSeptember 6, 2018
ran a line as a line operator
Knowledge of gmp s
Packing meds into boxes
What to look for when something is wrong
The 12 hour shift
One location lo
Pros
Excellent working enviroment
Sales Rep
Respiratory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaSeptember 5, 2018
Good Company. Flexible. Great benefits. Development opportunities. Great people. Great Pay. Innovative Products. Corporate structure is ok. Management is ok.
fun
Clinical Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PASeptember 4, 2018
This was a great place to work learning new things the people were very nice. There's always a lot of work to be done the compensation is great. the hours great.
I was self disciplined and didn't need to be told how to make this territory a great one.
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I worked for GSK in New York. I turned my territory aroundby winning Presidents Club two years in a row. I worked late hours, drove in snow storms and facilitated as many dinner and educational programs as my budget allowed. I worked extremely smart and was efficient.
Pharma wasnt for me
Pharmaceutical Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 3, 2018
my pharma experience was long ago but I still am not fond of being told of my every move. I enjoy a more entrepreneurial approach to my management of my territory.
They treated their contractors with respect
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2018
I was only at GlaxoSmithKline for a 3 month contract for a specific job which I completed within the 3 months. I met with business SME's daily to gather requirements and created process flow diagrams, business requirements, created documentation for the finance department on how to comply with Sarbanes Oxley standards. The workplace was clean and the people were very easy to work with. The hours were fixed and as a contractor I did not receive any benefits. The hardest part of the job was getting the amount of documentation needed within the 3 month deadline. The best part of the job was having a great group of people to work with.
Pros
great people, cafeteria
Cons
2 hour commute, fixed hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.