GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 1,048 reviews matching the search See all 2,974 reviews
A decent place to work
GSK-Package Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
The people are great to work with, but the management is poor. They provide a uniform for each and every employee. They can be close minded when it comes to new ideas.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management
Great Mission in Humanity
Site Facilities & EFM Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, PAJuly 16, 2018
I love a company that really gets behind the mission and it's not just a buzz phrase. Brining valuable medicine end to end to the patient is a GREAT reward.

It can be tough to navigate depending on the site, size, and culture. However, it is a great place to work if your team is cohesive and driving for a common goal.

I love my team. They get it! They are willing to roll up their sleeves and rise to the occasion each and every time I ask.
DISTRICT MANAGER - Southeast Region (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
good people and products. Most customers seem to really enjoy their working relationship with it's sales team. Great district managers and Regional Vice Presidents.
solid pharma company
Sr. Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 15, 2018
-leader in respiratory medicine, quality products and more importantly, excellent formulary access. the challenge, trying to get doctors to give a darn about making changes especially in the tx of copd. there are few doctors who seem to enjoy primary care. most seem to want to punch in/out and do as little as possible.
on the downside, at GSK, we do not earn a bonus on individual sales outcomes. our bonus is 75% on how our region performs to goal.
Pros
good quality products to represent
Cons
territory realignments/do not earn a bonus on our individual performance
Great Place to Grow and Learn
Administrative Assistant to Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJuly 11, 2018
Started as a high school intern and was given opportunities to learn and grow which lead to full-time employment and even better opportunities. Strong vision and leadership.
I loved my job at GSK
Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 9, 2018
I loved my job at GSK, I worked in the DMPK labs in Durham NC. in 2008 management decided to close down the labs here. I miss my job, and the wonderful company GSK was!
Big Pharma company with Big Pharma mentality
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 6, 2018
GlaxoSmithkline for me grew too big too fast. People were lost in the merger. The company and the management had a big pharma mentality to be very didactic in delivering messages and did not allow for autonomy in business planning.
Great experience ~
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2018
Enjoyed the benefits of the company and learnt a lot beyond my position.Typical work day involved lab automation and doing assay buffer condition optimisation.
GSK - Could be a wonderful place
Vice President Clinical Development (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJuly 2, 2018
The new CEO has gotten the company on the right track for sure. However the company is focussed more on the the people feeling good than delivery. While its a difficult balance for sure, the balance historically was not on delivery however it is changing.
A balanced work environment
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  LagosJuly 2, 2018
Every day is fun due to the ambience and people you work with. There is loads of work daily but the tension is eased by the work environment and the shared vision. I developed into being an effective leader in the course of working with the company. The exposure was tremendous which went as far as leading business. A training module for future leaders. The work culture is above average if compared with the environment. The hardest part of my job was mentoring. Giving feedback in Africa is not a pervasive culture and in the work place it is equated with appraisal. I enjoyed leading people because the result is immediate. Local management was attentive and involved.
Fun place to work
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2018
Started day calling on 14 or so physicians, scheduled lunch and learns, programs once or twice a week. Learned a lot about medications, time management, team work, communication skills, promotion skills. Management was helpful in everyday life situations and future planning. People were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was evening programs getting physicians to come without their spouses. Most enjoyable part was when physicians took the time to sit and learn about products.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Constantly working
Very friendly enviornment. Really enjoyed working there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
I am not sure how to rate my previous job according to the stars.
I enjoyed working with the company. It was a good experience for me.. I really like the communication with the public and able to assist people as requested. I only work part time ..I was sorry that they closed the company down.
Pros
Very friendly enviorment
Cons
No benefits
Good company
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
I worked in several different territories with numerous managers. I enjoyed working at GSK and I found they had a positive, strong culture. It was fun!
Help Lounge Advisor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 21, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with GlaxoSmithKline for the last fifteen years. The company has offered opportunities to grow in my field. Working at GlaxoSmithKline has always provided a positive working environment
Contract Monitor
Contract Monitor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2018
I was a contract monitor for GSK with full benefits through my agency (Aerotek). Depending upon which manager I was assigned, I was either allowed to bill for every hour I worked, or I was capped at 40 hrs/week. I had 3 managers over the course of 3 yrs, and only one allowed me to bill at my hourly rate, which is how my contract was actually structured. It was a heavy workload at first, but once I became a trusted and valued employee, I was allowed to build my own territory, so I did so locally. The sites I recommended and recruited were excellent performers that I continued to recommend at my next job.

I left after 3 yrs because you were only allowed to renew an 18 month contract once due to their policy, which was standard for most companies.

My last manager was very eager to keep me and convert me to a headcount position, but they were not able to provide compensation at more than 50% of my salary at the time. I would have stayed there had they been able to work with me on that. My manager was still contacting me to take a perm position even after I had started my next contract at Roche.
Pros
Remote work, built local territory
Cons
Inconsistent pay structure dependent upon manager, permanent salary not comparable to other companies
Manufacturing / Distribution
Supply Chain / Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2018
Supply Operations supported the manufacturing lines and operated the Shipping / Receiving. Enjoyed working across boundaries with all departments to meet site goals.
good work/life balance
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 15, 2018
lots of travel was not great
constantly switching up territory
management was sub-par
workplace culture was extremely low when I left
lots of testing and busy work
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
lots of travel
RTP R &D was a great opprotunity
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJune 12, 2018
I had many years of service and learned a lot about the drug development process. I started in toxicology and finished in DMPK. I loved using LCMS to support the effort. I had the opportunity to meet many talented people and all of them have helped me to get where I am today.
Pros
Family Day, Multiple Gyms, Credit Union
Cons
It had to end
Good company
Customer Marketing (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2018
Good OTC company really good at innovation and Rx marketing. Moved to New Jersey from legacy location in Pittsburgh, PA. Really took care of the staff in Pitt.
Flexible
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 11, 2018
It was flexible. I learned a lot about the drug development and processes in data management. I worked on phase III and phase IV clinical trials there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.3K
41.1K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss