GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 1,250 reviews matching the search See all 3,539 reviews
Workplace culture
Professional Respiratory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Last few years in respiratory sales the culture has changed. After a 40% cut to the sales force in Oct of 2018 upper management putting a lot of pressure on Sales Managers to push out employees. Not a fun place to work right now. Morale is low.
Pros
Great products
Cons
culture
great benefits / constantly changing enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 14, 2019
GSK is bipolar but when in the manic phase can be very good and profitable, in the depressive phase it can be micro-managing and very stressful. Minorities and women have a definite advantage over white males.
Great place to work until they announced they were closing
Production Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Excellent company to work for. The pay is good. The benefits are good. It can be fast paced at times and the schedule changes. Memphis site is closing.
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
District Sales Director (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCFebruary 12, 2019
I believe that GSK continues to bring innovative medicines to help patients in need. GSK is a highly ethical company that values it's employees for their contributions.
Pros
Above average compensation for the industry
Cons
Leadership doesn't always practice what they preach
Noble efforts, mystery goals
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2019
Noble efforts to promote drugs ethically with a patient centric focus. Sales goals shrouded in mystery. Evaluated based on behaviours leading to rampant favoritism in a forced ranking environment.
Pros
Amazing products
Cons
Need sales targets at the individual level
Great pay and benefits, but limited job stability
Senior Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Pay and benefits are great and so are co-workers. Many changes in management, though, goes along with frequent restructuring. If you strive on change and are willing to relocate to advance, it may be a good fit.
Pros
Pay, benefits, professional colleagues
Cons
Restructuring, layoffs
Very bureaucratic.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Need a more global approach to how it does business. Things are centered in the UK and Belgium. Management capability needs to be a big focus as well as transparency in operations and accountability as a true standard.
Pros
Ceo
Cons
Workplace culture. Development opportunities
Competitive place to work with highly qualified co-workers sharing good professional practices.
North America Supply Chain & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2019
After a fantastic journey of 34 years with GSK Pharmaceuticals, it was time for me to embark on exciting new opportunities.
I worked with many amazing colleagues over the years, and it was a huge privilege to share with all of them in a highly professional environment.
I must recognize how much I learned and enjoyed working in the organization. Certainly, I feel proud of my contribution during this journey and no doubt whatsoever of my added value to the successful level that the organization has reached.
I am also happy and thrilled of not only being participant of the business success, but also of achieving the mission of providing better healthcare to patients.
Pros
Clear Mission and Objectives
Cons
Short breaks and continued reductions of experienced workforce
Great work / life balance
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  SloughFebruary 6, 2019
Even though I was a contractor I was treated like one of the team. I was never made to feel like an outsider. No day was the same, was always varied and loved going into the office. Workplace culture was all about work-life balance. Some days could be stressful especially when large conferences were been organised but you go to go along and see all your hard work appreciated.
Company has focused too much on combining existing products
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PR SOUTH REGIONFebruary 5, 2019
For the past 10-15 years GSK has paid too much effort on combining existing products instead of seeking for new alternatives or mechanisn of action to have innovative approaches to deal with illness.
Moved aside from research and development to buy products or companies.
Stepped appart from specialists to educate peers on treatment alternatives or conditions to use Doctors on Pharmacy.
Company was making too manny unmeasured changes that were causing business disruptions among the salas force.
Pros
Moving people out of comfort zone
Cons
Causing too many distractions amond sales force and uncertainly among physicians
Schizophrenic Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 3, 2019
I've worked here for 15 years and have determined that the company is schizophrenic. Employees feedback is never taken by management, and goals are completely out of alignment with what makes good business sense. We are not goaled on sales, We are healed on metrics with little real world application, which are completely subjective. If you are not a pet of your manager, you get bad ratings. Also upper management has little if any experience in the industry and so makes decisions that are completely out of the interest of customers
Pros
Pretty good salary, company car
Cons
Very good company to work for.
Operations Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 1, 2019
Overall GSK a very good company to be a part of. Really good work life balance and diversity program. Would recommend GSK to anyone. Excellent opportunities for individual who can relocate to other sites.
Nice company to work for
Service Manager - Customer Engagement (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoy working at this company. It gives plenty of opportunity for learning and the culture is good.

Company does allow for telecommuting but requests that the employee be on site periodically.

Overall, a very nice company
has been a good company to work for over the years but dealt with different cultures
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2019
called on a average of 8 physicians a day asking for the business for our respiratory portfolio. I learned you need to build good work relationships and uncover the customers needs for your therapeutic area. Negotiate with that customer until you receive a positive outcome on the physician writing a script for my product. My immediate supervisor was excellent. Upper level management of GSK needs a complete overhaul. They have mismanaged an excellent portfolio of bronchodilators. The local workplace culture was good with my partner; however, culture of sales staff nationwide suffered from low morale because of high degree of micromanagement. The hardest part of my job was all the obstacles which took me away from being in front of the customer,i.e. conference calls, redundant time consuming reports and micromanagement. Loved the customer interaction, relationships, and selling the products with 41 years and with the same company
Pros
benefits... car, healthcare coverage, dental and pay
Cons
bad upper level management, need better incentive comp
Heyday of Pharma Sales
Neurohealth Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 29, 2019
Working for a major pharmaceutical company during the years of massive expansion of every pharma company was a great experience. I gained a lot of experience early in my career learning how to speak with physicians.
Pros
Complete autonomy
Cons
Had the same conversation 10 times a day, 5 days a week
Clinical Study Specialist
CLINICAL STUDY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 29, 2019
I go to meetings and discuss the clinical trials.
I deal with CRO's and vendors.
I input data into the CRF.
Answer phone calls
Answer emails
I attend the Investigator Meetings
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management not knowing you personally
Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2019
I really don't have opinion of this company since I was restructured out of company over 6 years ago. Have heard the company culture has changed and might not be so good these days.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Will restructure when pay gets too high.
High paced
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 28, 2019
I worked in the raw materials laboratory where it was a high volume lab. The compensation and benefits were great for the area that I lived. The plant site was bought out unfortunately.
Productive place to work
SALES PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Everyday is different. Exciting to go to work everyday and interact with customers. Free to make own decisions at work. Good team environment. Well respected
Wish I could have stayed
Senior Financial Credit / Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2019
I was a temp with GSK, however my rate was excellent.
Nice people
Great pay
Clean / New Facility
Great Training
Good benefits
Good location
I was actually able to lead a team for SAP conversion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.6K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss