Glen Ivy Hot Spings Employee Reviews

Lots of girls
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 31, 2019
You complete the work orders a lot of independent work the staff pictures that you the place is falling apart if you have duct tape and a pair of pliers you can get a job there
Pros
Hours
Cons
No raise
Place where it all started.
Guest Treatment Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 21, 2019
I have a soft spot for Glen Ivy. That's where my career began, where I was given an opportunity and where things took off. I am grateful for the company and for the leaders.
Pros
Growth, Mentorship and lots of learning.
The cliques will BULLY you
Resort Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 25, 2019
Very few people held accountable for their actions. Terrible management. There are cliques between management and employees and if your not liked by the cliques, you will be bullied until you quit. If you’re a good worker they will want you to do other people’s work for them and you will get nothing in return. Very gossipy staff. Everyone is dating each other, weird environment. People will often go off and do their own things (hide) while the real workers do their job. Management does nothing when it’s brought to their attention. I was also warned on my first week to get out while i could. I should’ve listened.
Pros
Free entry
seasonal position only
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, CAMarch 22, 2019
Very fast paced
learned different massage techniques
The grounds are beautiful
hardest part of the job was not enough product
I loved the clients
there was a lot of pressure to do some of the work
Pros
beautiful grounds
Cons
not enough product
Fun
Resort/ Grotto Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 13, 2019
It was great working with people my age. The age thing made it more fun because we communicated with our own level along with management. The perks of working there was having free entry to the spa on your day off
Overall Ok. No improvement & constant inconsistency
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked for glen ivy for about 7 months & loved it in the beginning. A lot of college kids so very easy to get a long with. They want you to learn their system very fast and then push you to teach people when they don’t catch on because management sucks at their job. Guest services will tell the guest one thing and then when they arrive to
their massage late it’s thrown on us to deal with the guest...Do anything the guest wants, Management will do anything for the guest even if their in the wrong. Management also doesn’t always come for
back up in situations will force you to deal with upper management situations. In the beginning they will
make you believe you’re doing seasonal work when you’re working 30-40 hrs a week easily. Then in the colder seasons you will work at the most 3 days a week. They won’t keep you on after summer unless they really like you, which i was fortunate enough. Massage therapists order for you to do a lot of stuff and get attitudes very quickly....while their are some that are amazing and very sweet. If it rains you don’t work at all and don’t get paid for it. Expect you to train everyone that comes in even though you’re not getting paid to train or have someone shadow you.
Pros
5$ lunch, free entry to the waters, half off services
Cons
inconsistency, no room for improvement, people got caddy very quickly (almost like high school)
Raised standards same pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Never expect to be paid fairly for all the stuff you have to deal with in ANY department. Raises do not exist no matter how long your loyalty/dedication to this place is. The only "raises" are compliance with CA minimum wage going up and they have no problem updating all guest facing areas and adding standards/requirements for YOU to follow.
Glen Ivy
Pool server / Beverage Bar Bartender (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Beautiful place to work ! pools to birds chirping and all the nice people ! weather always the best even on a rainy day!
love to go there as a guest ! best places to visit!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
cool place to work
Steward (Current Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 11, 2018
friendly and fun but stressful at times. I really do enjoy working with my coworkers and the management team. We all find a way to have fun while we do our job.
Fun and Relaxing place to work
Central Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Corona, CA 92883November 13, 2018
Would recommend working here. Nice discount and use of spa. They treated their employees very well and promoted a healthy lifestyle with lots of information. Also frequent trainings on the glen Ivy way were very good.
Fun Job
Locker/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 8, 2018
Work consisted of light manual labor and customer service. I learned the basics of working in a hospitality environment. Management generally behaved well and let you work on your own. Everyone was very cool. The job was harder on busy days or when equipment was malfunctioning, though never impossible. The peers I worked with were very funny and friendly.
Pros
Easy work, fun team, regular raises
Poor
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 7, 2018
No room for advancement. Co workers were good. There was no training. Used my own tools for a year. Things are put together with gum and duct tape basically. No experience is needed. Skilled or not you all get the same money. No accountability.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No advancement
Management will bully you
Spa Coordinator/host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 1, 2018
I have never worked at a place that will start off amazing and then all of a sudden management would pick and choose individuals and bully and harass them until they quit. This frequently happens. If you are not apart of the main clique you will be terrorized. Even with new ownership this is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Mental abuse
Fun and engaging
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 23, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy and task oriented.
Management is good but particular.
The workplace is mostly made up of young adults, so the energy is good.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with mass amounts of particular customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that are around the same age.
Can make good money In The summer
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 12, 2018
When your busy in the summer it’s great even for part time people. Winter is a diff story. It depends on where you are on the schedule. Management is terrible and will give you run around all day long. You accrue vacation time once you’re full time and part time seasonals don’t. Coworkers are fun but it’s a pain to try and get days off.
Pros
Big break room
Cons
Always had something to do and working in a beautiful environment was a plus
Spa Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I feel very fortunate that I was able to work here , the surroundings was beautiful inside and out. A couple hiccups came about but not to bad of a place to work out especially for a summer job.
The con i had with working there was having to clean up bio hazards they had enough money for extras but not to hire a team to come out and clean up the messes.
Pros
Discounted lunches, massages, facials etc.
Cons
Working in the blazing sun with no breaks and having to clean up bio hazards.
it was an ok place
California Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 8, 2018
always a fun environment. management could be improved but great coworkers and fun place to hang out for a day. slow hours during the offseason (winter). very busy during the summer.
Pros
discounted lunches, and property visits
Cons
management
Inept ever changing management ruin this work place.
Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Glen Ivy is truly a beautiful place to work.
The grounds are magnificent. The new owners have upgraded the property and it looks fantastic.
Unfortunately the environment is ruined by the appalling management. Employees are treated very badly. There is no communication by management.
Employees are not consistently trained making the work place stressful. Management promises but does not deliver.
Pros
Beautiful grounds
Cons
Over worked, under appreciated. Poor or no communication from management.
Working in paradise
Prep cook/ Line Cook duties (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 16, 2017
I love working here, it's where my father worked and it's where I learn continuously and gain experience in the culinary field. It's fast paced and fun during the summer but tends to slow down during the cool winter days.
Pros
free lunches, new relationships, fun place to learn
Cons
slow season will cut your hours
its probably great if you can stay busy past the season
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 24, 2017
It is absolutely the most beautiful place to work. I did not like the hours. There is no job security. Soul crushing repetitive work. If you enjoy the spa atmosphere this will probably be a great place for you.
Cons
no free massages for therapists

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glen Ivy Hot Spings. Our community is ready to answer.

Glen Ivy Hot Spings Reviews by Location