Glencoe Regional Health Services Employee Reviews

Coworkers are great, upper management is not!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNApril 24, 2019
Upper management has no real communication or relationship with the people actually doing the job. Asks for input and feedback from employees and then basically does the opposite. Worst manager ever!
Micro manage everything, truly don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria, decent benefits
Cons
Productive nice reapectful calm hard worker
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2018
I work to my best ability im very nice i take my time with coustmers to make them happy i love the way Glencoe is set up i like the way everything is set as far as orientation
Pros
Nkthinh
Cons
Nothink
Great Healthcare and great people!
RN (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MN 55336November 7, 2018
Glad I have had the opportunity to work at GRHS. The people that work here are amazing. Lot's of opportunity to expand your career, skill set and education opportunities are frequently offered.
Extremely Short staffed facility that didn't pay enough
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glencoe MNOctober 12, 2018
There was never enough workers, and no one wanted to work because they didn't offer anything for it. Felt more like a slave instead of a valuable employee. All workers are rude and don't talk to the CNA's with respect.
Pros
Cons
low pay, might not get a break
great atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 4, 2018
was a great place to work. Doctors and nurses were amazing.
hardest part of the job would have been the death of patients.
most enjoyable part of job would have been helping all the sick patients.
Productive work environment and great learning opportunity
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNAugust 6, 2018
Providing excellent patient care
Ensuring patient safety
Quality service
Strong team work
Good employee benefits
Relaxed work environment
Advancements within the organization
I enjoyed the job i did.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJune 5, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work I enjoyed it, it was management that wasn't the best they could be better. I enjoy housekeeping I like feeling like I accomplished something and that my work area looked nice after I was done.
Very food place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMarch 20, 2018
I liked working there it was relaxed and quality time with residents. Different activities for the residents and quick paced but efficient and enjoyable work
Very productive, and open to workplace advancement.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNFebruary 26, 2018
One of the best places that I, personally, have ever been employed! Most people that work there stick around for the long haul because there is endless opportunity for workplace advancement and eduction.
excellent coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNNovember 17, 2017
Beautiful brand new Same Day Surgery Department with good solid leadership within department. Ongoing construction in ED and Long Term care units....
very pleseant place to work at
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNOctober 11, 2017
this place depending on what shift you work is nice and evenly balance. knowledgeable aides to work with. work load was dispirits evenly through the facility
Pros
work load was evenly delagated
Cons
far drive
Hospital, clinic
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMay 3, 2017
The facility is a good place to work and the staff is very caring. They also care about the people they serve and the community they serve. Enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Clinical attachment - excellent place provided wonderful learning experience
RN Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNNovember 18, 2016
This position was a clinical attachment when going through school. This was a small hospital but provided experience in both caring patients in general and private rooms, worked in the emergence department, and observed surgery in operations room.
Great place to work! Lots of longevity among workers.
HR (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNNovember 2, 2016
There are a lot of staff members that have many years of service. That speaks volumes as to what kind of employer GRHS is. An employment relationship goes both ways - you get out what you also put in. While its easy to find something in every job that you wish you could tweak, GRHS overall is a great place to work and should be recommended to many. Friendly, loyal staff, decent work schedules, team work, market competitive pay and benefits. Culture speaks volumes. Walking down the hallway and people greeting you by name is a good thing.
Pros
Smaller atmospher, challenging work, recognition for a job well done, constructive criticism to help with growth
Look for greener pastures
RN (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJune 6, 2016
Management in acute care is not caring or compassionate...walk around with their noses up in the air, and don't even greet their employees in the hallway. Senior management is even worse!! They don't even know half the employees names, and if you want to move up within the company forget it. Not only do they not call you or consider you for a higher position if you're already an employee, but they don't call and tell you they've already hired someone for the position. HR is VERY slow moving at getting things done. Great nurses in acute care. Most enjoyable part of job is caring for patients.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
horrible benefits, mediocre pay, don't favor internal applicants for new positions.
Great Employer
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJune 6, 2016
GRHS is a great place to work. I have witnessed a lot of teamwork and willingness to help one another grow. My coworkers are fun to work with and also very passionate about their work. It is really exciting to see the growth that GRHS is experiencing right now and I look forward to growing with this company. GRHS has a good work life balance as well.
Pros
Progressive culture, good compensation, discounted lunches in the cafeteria, variety of tasks each day
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMay 22, 2016
Terrible, not a team. Disrespectful team members. Should have been more welcoming and encouraging. Could have been great but management has know idea what was going on. Have certain staff as pets.
Pros
Cons
everything
Worked on the Med-surg hospital floor.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 15, 2015
Typical day was passing meds, doing treatments and following doctors orders, Of course, do not forget the documentation. I learned a lot on this job about hospital nursing. Did a lot of IVs and also IV push medications. Did many simple dressing changes. I also learned about removal of sutures and staples. This was one of my earliest jobs as a nurse. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment of the hospital and not really getting to know the patients. The most enjoyable was the feeling of accomplishment from all that I learned while doing something I loved in caring for people.
Pros
Great environment and management
Cons
Busy at times.
Great initiation to a new career.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 17, 2014
GRHS provides a professional atmosphere for an introductory Surgical Technologist.
Fun people to work with
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 1, 2014
opportunities to learn new things, fast paced environment at its busy times, great co workers to work with
Pros
variety of work
Cons
lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glencoe Regional Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Glencoe Regional Health Services Reviews by Location