Glencoe Regional Health Services Management reviews

Coworkers are great, upper management is not!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNApril 24, 2019
Upper management has no real communication or relationship with the people actually doing the job. Asks for input and feedback from employees and then basically does the opposite. Worst manager ever!
Micro manage everything, truly don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria, decent benefits
lovely residents, okay employees
registered nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNFebruary 13, 2019
Work was great, but coworkers like to engage in high school drama. Cafeteria had amazing food with decent prices if you forget your lunch. Overall I enjoyed my time here but did not care for the other coworkers who are older than I was to drag me into the work drama.
Extremely Short staffed facility that didn't pay enough
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glencoe MNOctober 12, 2018
There was never enough workers, and no one wanted to work because they didn't offer anything for it. Felt more like a slave instead of a valuable employee. All workers are rude and don't talk to the CNA's with respect.
Pros
Cons
low pay, might not get a break
I enjoyed the job i did.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJune 5, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work I enjoyed it, it was management that wasn't the best they could be better. I enjoy housekeeping I like feeling like I accomplished something and that my work area looked nice after I was done.
Look for greener pastures
RN (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNJune 6, 2016
Management in acute care is not caring or compassionate...walk around with their noses up in the air, and don't even greet their employees in the hallway. Senior management is even worse!! They don't even know half the employees names, and if you want to move up within the company forget it. Not only do they not call you or consider you for a higher position if you're already an employee, but they don't call and tell you they've already hired someone for the position. HR is VERY slow moving at getting things done. Great nurses in acute care. Most enjoyable part of job is caring for patients.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
horrible benefits, mediocre pay, don't favor internal applicants for new positions.
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMay 22, 2016
Terrible, not a team. Disrespectful team members. Should have been more welcoming and encouraging. Could have been great but management has know idea what was going on. Have certain staff as pets.
Pros
Cons
everything
Worked on the Med-surg hospital floor.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 15, 2015
Typical day was passing meds, doing treatments and following doctors orders, Of course, do not forget the documentation. I learned a lot on this job about hospital nursing. Did a lot of IVs and also IV push medications. Did many simple dressing changes. I also learned about removal of sutures and staples. This was one of my earliest jobs as a nurse. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment of the hospital and not really getting to know the patients. The most enjoyable was the feeling of accomplishment from all that I learned while doing something I loved in caring for people.
Pros
Great environment and management
Cons
Busy at times.
Ready to broaden my horizons.
Physician Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, MNAugust 26, 2012
A typical day at GRHS in the medical clinic starts off very quick and typically goes by rather fast. I feel this is due to full schedules and constant duties to be fulfilled including answering phones, taking messages off the phones, refilling prescriptions and keeping the Physicians schedule going throughout the day.

I learned and continue to learn so much because things are constantly changing in the medical field. The thing that challenged me the most was learning how to go with the flow and keep track of all the tasks that are assigned to a person at once. The job as Physician Support Staff in the Glencoe Medical Clinic has truly taught me that patience really is a virtue.

Overall, I was satisfied with Management. They typically addressed any questions or concerns that II had.

My coworkers are all very good people. Being the clinic is in a small community, most of the employees are familiar with each other. Now, after being employed with them for almost 4 years and being I am not origonally from the town, I am ready to experience a different setting.

The hardest part of the job is not having much room to use my creativity, and being pulled in several directions at one time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is establishing patient/nurse trust by following through with the tasks required to give them the best care.
Pros
good friends, health benefits
Cons
can't work a full 40 hours, only get one half hour break for lunch