Glendale Adventist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 1, 2018
I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center as a nursing assistant prior to joining the staff as a new grad. I worked there for a year before moving out of the area.
The hospital provided wonderful opportunities to learn and hone skills in a variety of ICUs. This is were I started to enjoy working in a variety of capacities. Each day I'd go to work and not know which unit I would serve. It added to the excitement of going to work as a young nurse.

I had great nursing supervisors that would offer opportunities for me to stretch my skill experience.
Pros
Having a very responsible job at age 21
Cons
When I look back I realize how young I was to be taking on so much responsibility.
Did my internship here
Diagnostic Radiology Department- Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 24, 2018
would vary depending on what department you worked in. ER, could be quite busy, The room would have schedule walk in appointment for regular radiology and fluoro procedures as well as transfer patients from rooms throughout the day. There was a surgery/portable shift that was quite extensive since the hospital was large and spread out with a variety of c-arm procedures done from Orthopedic to Urology, Spinal, and pacemaker placement. You had many coworkers so you could lean on others for techniques in difficult patients. It would be fast paced at times they wanted you to be quite quick. The mammography department was not conducive for learning
Pros
Lots of exposure to different aspects of radiologic procedures
Cons
Some co workers were not happy to be there or maybe just teach students
Good place to start career
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 21, 2018
Definitely someplace to start working in your industry, not somewhere to stay for many years. They need to work on their bedside manner, but overall a good place to work.
I liked working PM,F/T at GAMC.
clnical laboratory scentist ll (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 14, 2018
I had general medical technology.I was busy but I could manage the work and enjoyed lab work.I was happy pm,f/t job over there. I want to go back to pm shift,F/T.
Pros
many modern instrument
Cons
fun workplace within the surgery department
Operating Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 27, 2018
overall fun workplace and the people you work with are extremely nice. the staff tries hard to help anyway possible. work was never truly difficult.
Much is expected
RN (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 22, 2018
As a nurse, you do not have much autonomy here and are always working under constant changing protocols. You feel like another number in the system rather than a person. Good time management is expected even if reality doesn't make it possible. Workload is moderate-high. Not much flexibility with scheduling and floating to other units is frequent.
Poor management
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 6, 2018
All I can say is management needs so much improvement. They need to ACTUALLY help and listen to their employees and recognize them for their good deeds and not just focus on their mistakes. It's a shame when you love your job but don't get the recognition you deserve. (This rating is not for the hospital, but for a clinic affiliated with GAMC)
Pros
You're off weekends
Cons
Okay place to start your nursing career
REGISTERED NURSE CARDIAC INTERVENTIONAL TELEMETRY (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 1, 2018
Good experience gained due to the fact that the acuity of patients usually is greater than the floor you are on, however this does not make for a productive place for a work-life balance.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Management, salary, work-life balace
busy hospital yet feels like a family environment
Radiologic Technologist supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 23, 2018
when you walk in to GAMC you already know if it is going to be busy or not, with all the craziness at work I can assure you that people are always willing to help each other.
Pros
family environment. no clics or grouping
Cons
always short staffed
Adventist Health Glendale involved in nursing week & making it a fun week in appreciation of their nurses.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  CICU/ICUMay 15, 2018
The hardest part of Adventist Health Glendale was the cutbacks which made bedside nursing questioning whether this was a safe environment to work in. Having an intensivists on board 24/7 made it a much conducive place in meeting the needs of the patient especially in an emergent situation.
Pros
24/7 access to an intensivist
Cons
short staffed, unable to take lunch breaks
Stressful, money driven workplace that does not support nursing staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 30, 2018
Be prepared to get verbal orders daily and put in at least 50% of orders. Also be prepared to take care of critical patients because house sup doesn’t want to bring in another RN. On tele floors you will have DOU/step down patients but still have a 4:1 ratio. If you’re in med surg you get all the psych and confused patients. There are never enough CNA’s to help on the floor and management is more concerned with admitting and discharging than quality patient care.
Pros
It’s is such a circus that it is a good learning experience.
Cons
Interrupted lunches, low pay, low staffed, high turnover of staff
Like prison
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 16, 2018
Don't work in the kitchen no matter what position. The director of nutrition lives across the street and comes in on Sundays and micro manages everyone. When Sunday's are usually a day to work stress free this guy pops up on you to try and catch you doing something bad. Anyone considering this kitchen keep looking. Money is good but you practically have to work like a slave and its not worth it and management doesn't appreciate all the hard work everyone does.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never take breaks, management sucks slave work
Excellent Work Environment
Bariatric Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 4, 2018
A typical day was high paced and productive. Enjoyed interactive with my patients and peers. Love the campus and discounts provided by the hospital to employees. Management is excellent.
Pros
Great management, salary and benefits.
Cons
Religious
Producitve
Ani Kirakosyan, Coding Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91206March 28, 2018
I work remotely most of the time and I enjoyed working at home. But I still go to the hospital for meetings and events. I also work well with other employees. .
Good place to start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  glendaleMarch 12, 2018
Good new grad training, but most nurses stay complacent in their roles and aren't encouraged to move up. However, the culture isn't toxic and management was kind. They had a big problem with low census that caused many of us to leave, but I believe it has picked up now.
Dedicated and Respectful Staff
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Fast pace environment, staff is dedicated to excellent patient care, responsible and dedicated, always a pleasure to go to work, great training provided to ensure complete understanding of job requirements.
Volunteering Position
COPE Health Scholar (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Shadowed nurses and physicians.
I learned some medical terminology, some medical procedures and helped assist in some of them.
My DC (department coordinator) was great! All of them were!
Great Work Environment
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Excellent work environment. Wonderful staff and physicians, who genuinely care for the well being of their patients. Great comrodery between co-workers.
Great Work Environment
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Excellent employees who are caring to their patients and their co-workers. The comradery among staff is infectious. The physicians are excellent and very skilled. Overall a wonderful work environment.
Great team work!
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Everyone works hard to provide safe and excellent care. The most enjoyable part of the job is great communication among employees and team work! It is faith based Medical Center.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.