Glendale Community College Employee Reviews

This job is great for me
Anatomy & Physiology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 21, 2018
I tutor anatomy and physiology students which is very rewarding knowing you once took these classes and now you can help other students. One thing I don't like about this job is that the rate at which they pay you monthly. It takes a while for you to get your paycheck. One of the good things about working at your school is that they work with your class hours and you don't have to go off campus to work.
Pros
Convenience
Cons
Monthly Pay
Fun environment to work in.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 15, 2018
My time at the bookstore was very nice. The other workers made it fun and easy during training, and made me feel like I was apart of the team right away.
Pros
Discounts on books
Instructor in the Theatre Arts Department (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 8, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere, helpful supervisors. I have really enjoyed my time as an instructor at GCC. The staff is very generous, and my fellow instructors are great.
Working at gcc was a nice experience.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, ArizonaSeptember 12, 2018
I had a good time working there the people were nice and the job wasnt really hard or stressful. I would recommend working here to anyone who is looking for a custodian job.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Cant smoke cigarettes
Great Admin, Weak Students
Adjunct Reading Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 10, 2018
The admin, faculty/staff are very nice and helpful. It's a very welcoming environment but the students are rather weak and need many accommodations. However, they really do want to work hard and succeed.
Great experience on learning the systems
Admissions and Records staff (Current Employee) –  Enrollment CenterSeptember 8, 2018
I learned a lot about using school enrollment program because everything is done on the computer. Not only that, I have been considered as the best customer service agant because of the positive vibes I give to people that are interested about my French accent which for some cases made them have a good day apparently (that is what they said). My teamwork has been improved and I am proud of that.
Pros
The experience is usefull
Cons
The pay iss too short for my effort
Positive Work environment
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Typically you assist students to enroll in classes recommended by their academic advisors. the hardest part is that the system sometimes is slow and that will appear error while students are waiting to get everything done. in despite of it, there is a culture of support and help when there is a difficulty with the enrollment system. I want to say that the supervisors are the best and very supportive to their staff. Also, they have flexible scheduling for those who are students.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
computer can be slow or even freeze at times.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 5, 2018
I was great experience to work at Glendale college as a student worker and it was convenient to work and study there becuase they let you choose your hours of work.
Pros
Fun environment
Glendale College
College (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 29, 2018
Good environment. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was glad I was able to attend a school that cares about their students. The campus is big and there is a lot of parking.
excellent
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 21, 2018
no further information, everything was very fast paced but at the same time very organized. management was awesome, wish I could work more hours and instead of being parttime would like to see full time employment
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great gig for those who can land it.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 2, 2018
Working as a tutor for the Math and Computer Science department at Glendale Community College was one of the best jobs I've ever had. As students required help, we would sit with them and talk through problems, never giving answers, but usually helping them to find the answers on their own. On the rare occasion a given problem was beyond my skills, there was always another tutor on duty who had taken whatever class the student was in and could help. There was a very minor amount of stress in the management department, as while I was working there, the department was going through an extended period of reorganization; however, my bosses did a good job keeping most of that away from the tutors. I genuinely loved sharing my knowledge with the students there, and lived for the moments of enlightenment, when understanding would suddenly light up someone's face.
Cons
Contracts need to be renewed twice a year, and there was always a small amount of scheduling conflict in the first week of each period.
Fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2018
I have never worked any place like GCC. I honestly felt like home whenever i entered to the room I work. People that i work with, are like family to me. So friendly environment.
Pros
friendliness
Cons
the pay is not that high
Honorable, fruitful, joyful
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 16, 2018
It was part of my clinical practicum. I was supposed to make my observations and teach demo lessons assigned either by me or by my mentor. Overall, it was a great joy and experience to be a part of a Community College.
Pros
productive and fun workplace,friendly atmosphere
Student -worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 13, 2018
I like to work for Glendale Community College, it's like a second home for me . The professors are very friendly and they always willing to help their student-workers. I made a lot of friends during last 3 years at GCC .
Generally, my goal is to avoid interruptions so that I can do “deep work” focusing intently on a single problem at a time.

Each week I try to pick just one or two bigger projects to work on.It’s useful to have two things on the go so that if I get stuck on one I can work on something else while my brain works on problem in the background. their
I Loved this place
Tax & Accounting Professor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2018
Working here was great good student good staff Lots of freedom to make a difference! The campus is so nice coffee is great and the opportunities abound!
Environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 20, 2018
The faculty of Nursing is a great team and everyone is willing to help you in your career, the position is flexible and you can have a second job as the pay is inadequate.
Pros
Flexible and great team.
Cons
low pay
Functional
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 12, 2018
GCC was a stepping stone for staying connected with students and norms changing within the culture. Going to work for GCC was a great experience and making connections with others professionally was great.
Great Place for a Student to Work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 7, 2018
I work as a student employee at GCC. I had flexible hours and was mostly self-supervised. The pace of the work is generally slow; however, during times when projects are due and the end of the semester, there could be as many as 60 photography images to print at once.

Helping the students with the Adobe programs was enjoyable and it reinforced my own learning.
Suitable for students with moderate course load
Inter/Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 30, 2018
managers and supervisors are very understanding of the challenge of going to school while pursuing a degree. They will allow student the opportunity to select a flexible schedule
Perfect Location for Federal Work Study Students
Music Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Music Dept.May 24, 2018
I worked in the music department for eight months, and I would never have asked for any other location for my first job. Thank you for the opportunity.