Glendale Community College Employee Reviews

Functional
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 12, 2018
GCC was a stepping stone for staying connected with students and norms changing within the culture. Going to work for GCC was a great experience and making connections with others professionally was great.
Great Place for a Student to Work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 7, 2018
I work as a student employee at GCC. I had flexible hours and was mostly self-supervised. The pace of the work is generally slow; however, during times when projects are due and the end of the semester, there could be as many as 60 photography images to print at once.

Helping the students with the Adobe programs was enjoyable and it reinforced my own learning.
Suitable for students with moderate course load
Inter/Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 30, 2018
managers and supervisors are very understanding of the challenge of going to school while pursuing a degree. They will allow student the opportunity to select a flexible schedule
Perfect Location for Federal Work Study Students
Music Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Music Dept.May 24, 2018
I worked in the music department for eight months, and I would never have asked for any other location for my first job. Thank you for the opportunity.
Glendale Community College
Manager of Disability Resources and Services (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 18, 2018
Glendale Community College is part of the Maricopa County Community College District. The district is made up of 10 colleges each with their own administration and President.
Positive
English & Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 8, 2018
I had a positive experience working at this community college. I did not work here for long, but the staff was supportive, the environment nice, the hours decent and the students were great.
Pros
nice people
A good learning environment
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working as a chemistry tutor. It feels good to help people with chemistry. My manager assigned hours based on my available schedule. For the most part, the students were very respectful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Lots of chemistry material.
Part time
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 2, 2018
Great place to beginners to work and get experience. Great teacher, administrator, parents and wonderful kids. It was a great experience to me where I learned from parents, teachers and administrator so much. I was Part-Time Assistant Teacher - Parent Education Program.
Pros
campus
Cons
n/a
productive , fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 30, 2018
at Efollet bookstore my co workers & managers were helpful to teach me the ropes of working the register & shelving & finding the various items for our customers .
Pros
Great employees
Summary
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to teach what I love and help a wide range of students. Pay scale for adjunct instructors at all Maricopa Community Colleges is incredibly low.
One of the best programs around
Assistant Professor of Noncredit ESL (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 1, 2018
Glendale Community College is without a doubt one of the best community colleges around and certainly outstanding in Continuing Education, the division in which I have taught. The standards set for hiring, performance, collaboration, and governance have no equal in our area of CA. My division, Noncredit ESL, continually strives to improve the support it provides for both instructors and students.
The level of commitment is outstanding as is the constant process of self-evaulation and program development and improvement. Our student population is motivated, appreciative, hardworking, and diverse. The most enjoyable part of the day is serving these students and seeing their enthusiam and commitment to learning.Management is responsive, and I find the working environment respectful and collaborative. GCC is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
positive, professional, collaborative environment;high standards
Cons
few full-time positions
Great place to learn and earn a degree
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 27, 2018
Glendale Community College is a great environment for learning. Whether you are a full time student of part time student the faculty is available and willing to help. On-line courses make learning much easier as you can take a class from the convenience of your own home.
Pros
friendly faculty
Cons
Working in a lab teaching students
Teacher's Assistant/Engineering Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Glen, MSMarch 18, 2018
Work was stressful buy fun, in the engineering department. I learned how to lead a team. Management was a very nice and worked with me as much as possible. the Culture, I felt surrounded by friends who cared about me a person not a drone. The Hardest part about my job, leading a team of students. You cant force a student to learn but you don't want to see them fail. A hard act to balance. The most enjoyable part coming to work and doing something I love.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
LOW pay
Poor managment
Math Solution Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 13, 2018
The Math Solution was chaos due to 2 managers leaving at once and leaving us all in the hands of one very busy and negligent man. This was stressful. The hours were flexible and worked well with school schedules.
Pros
This was fun, not difficult
Cons
Poor pay and not enough hours offered.
Great environment for learning
Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 9, 2018
Classes were well constructed and instructors were great. Classroom environment was fun and collaborative. Offered classes for most everyone's schedules.
Glendale Community College is a Great Place to Work
Adjunct English (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 8, 2018
The English Department Supervisor is the best boss that I have ever had,. He treats all members with dignity and respect. We work collaborative as a team on teaching unity.
terrible management
Senior Mail Services (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Conflict between Human Resources and management that causes the staff to suffer. Manager never got to know me and also lied on my evaluation to convince HR it was their fault for recruiting me.
Benefits
Cons
Works around school schedule, on campus
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 25, 2018
This is a decent job for someone who is young and attending classes at GCC. There's really not much else you have in terms of benefits other than being able to work on campus where you're taking classes.
Pros
Go from class to work
Cons
Low pay
Very fun and the manager is very nice
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working in the library everyone I worked with where very friendly and nice to me. They where easy to work with. I learn from this Job is the team work skill
Cons
short breaks
Friendly work-environment
CAD Lab Assistance (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 13, 2018
A lot of nice employees, friendly and easy going. Not stressfull job as many students don't like to ask for help. Need to be very patient with students, as some tend to learn slowly.