Glenn Medical Center Employee Reviews

Rural Hospital: providing critical medical services to underserved community
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAMarch 19, 2019
Glenn Medical Center may be a small, rural hospital, but that’s one of its characteristics that makes it such a wonderful place to work. Most of the providers are generally upbeat and passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of their patients.

I started working at GMC’s Family Care Clinic (outpatient family medicine clinic) in January 2019, and it has been a great working environment. As a clinical team, we work well together in providing our patients with the care they deserve. The patient population is generally very grateful for care received, and they are glad that medical care is available close to home. Small town hospitality resounds in the caring interaction among patients and fellow employees alike. It is a real privilege to do what I love and be surrounded by co-workers who love their job too.

Another huge perk of working at GMC in our department is the schedule. I work four 10hr shifts a week. I really like this, as having built-in 3 days off a week provides a very nice work/home life balance.

It’s no secret that GMC has had a rough history under past management, during which time the hospital was on the brink of closing at the end of 2017. Since January of 2018, the hospital has been transforming under new ownership. GMC is now thriving. Numerous positive changes have occurred to help operations run more smoothly and deliver better patient care. It is refreshing to have administration that are motivated by a vision/mission that I am proud to stand behind. I feel like my medical team can collaboratively share our creative ideas
  more... with our awesome office manager and administration, and be heard. Serving and thriving in a creative environment that betters patient care is personally important to me. Like any innovative organization, this hospital is constantly improving and evolving. Its future is bright!  less
Pros
Small town hospitality, great team dynamic, very good food at cafeteria
Cons
Old building
Nice coworkers
Patient registration (Former Employee) –  WillowsAugust 31, 2018
While I was there I was only there for about 3 days before they left me alone. They are beyond understaffed. They have you do the job of three people. The only thing I will miss from there is the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unorganized
Unhappy workforce, unsafe environment for patients
RN (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The new management team is running this place into the ground with unsafe, illegal staffing levels. Too many patients on the floor with too few, untrained nurses. Not following the state mandated staffing levels. Can't count the DON license when he's sitting in his office.
Pros
Free parking, great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Great people in a difficult situation
Director Housekeeping and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Great People - When I was there the Hospital was undergoing significant ownership dispute, low funding and leadership challenges - This was a perfect example of a collection of amazing individuals working hard every day for the good of the community. I do hope they are able to keep Glenn Medical Center alive!
Pros
Love the people
Cons
Very difficult challenges
great management
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAJuly 18, 2017
I love my job. I have the best manager a nurse could hope for! I work 3 shifts per week i am never put on call, so I have vacation tine always saved up, I can leave on time or a fee minutes after.
Pros
you get paid every 2 weeks
Productive and Supportive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAJune 27, 2017
I am blessed to work at Glenn Medical Center and know the people I work with. The management is very cooperative and try their best to meet patient's needs.
Doctors and staff pleasant to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAFebruary 24, 2015
A variety of patients made the job interesting. Rotating to various clinics increased knowledge of care provided by the center. I particularly enjoyed my relationships with fellow employees. The most difficult part of the job frequent management changes.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Frequent management changes in personnel
Provides Caring Medical Services
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Receive, Authorize and Schedule Surgeries for 4 Surgeons. Numerous phone lines, emails, faxes. Basic Office functions. I have learned a lot about the Surgery Department. Have witnessed and assisted in Surgeries. My manager in this department is great with open communication and very helpful in all aspects. My co-workers and outstanding, hard workers, that are willing to help each other out. We are a Great team. The hardest part of the job is, Dealing with Hostile Doctors. Otherwise, I enjoy every other part of my job. Hospital setting, helping others, great co-workers, learning the Amazing part of the Operating Room.
Pros
Helping Others
The people were the key to my success.
Phlebotomy Technician/ CCMA-C (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAFebruary 8, 2014
I was born in that Hospital, it was a honor to be a extern there! I thank them!
Pros
It was an amazing educational time, I am grateful.
Interesting, new experiences daily
administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willows, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Patient contact, insurance authorizations, scheduling, amazing learning experiences daily.
Great management support, helpful co-workers,
Pros
co-workers