Glens Falls Hospital Employee Reviews

Fine place to work
Nurse Manager-Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 10, 2018
The staff at Glens Falls Hospital is dedicated and kind. It is a smaller community hospital but the nursing care you receive is high caliber. There is of course always room for opportunity.
Great people poor upper mgmt
Outpatient financial counselor (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Upper mgmt decisions questionable and they didn’t care about long term employees or if you left for new job everyone was replaceable no matter how good they were at their job...they lost a lot to Saratoga hospital.
enjoyable place to work other than not making enough money to commute
cna (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there, my reason for leaving was the commute. I was not getting paid enough to commute like 60miles. the gas prices were killing my pocket. the hardest part was leaving my patients. the floor I was on I got to be with different patient all the time. learning about different things.
Pros
learning something different everyday because your patients were constantly changing
Cons
having to leave because they weren't paying me enough to stay
i did enjoy working the other people in that department and really enjoyed the patients that came through
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 6, 2018
this was done 41 years ago after completing the radiologic school course at that time and I was hired from the school upon graduating .I had to learn many different jobs that go along with taking x-rays .I had to learn how to schedule patients and answer phones and help them with their question. I enjoyed working with all the different people that come for all different kinds of health problems
Nice Place
Shadowed ER Doctor (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 28, 2018
Nice hospital with all up to date facilities. The faculty are supportive and create a positive work environment. I felt welcomed and learned management and teamwork skills.
Unprofessional
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 25, 2018
When I went for the interview, I thought wow, this would be a great career. My first day on the job made me sick to my stomach. Everyone was catty and talking about each other. Training is a joke. Don’t ask questions because no one wants to help you. Don’t worry, at 90 days they will say they’ve given you the resources to do your job, but you don’t meet their standards. Basically, if you stick to yourself and don’t gossip, you won’t last.They wonder why they can’t keep help.... The negativity is toxic and the hours suck. Oh and watch where you park, even though they don’t tell you where you can and cannot park unless it’s an opportunity to scream at you. I get every department has their “top” people. But those “top” people are exactly why they are constantly short staffed. It costs $0 to be nice and remember,at one time, you were new too. But they don’t want competition, so as soon as they see growth, they will cut you down.
Pros
Cons
Negativity, poor management, high school environment
great critical cases and learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 23, 2018
I learned so much from all the critical cases and great nurses who had been there a long time. I became excellent in IV insertion in all populations and learned a lot doing charge nurse. Poor management-managers switched more than 3 times within a year.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
poor management
Community Hospital
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 15, 2018
This hospital has grown tremendously over the years. Technology is advancing and hopefully management is growing also. Most employees that work there work very hard.
Pros
location
nice place to work
Medical Secretary/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJune 28, 2018
Very family friendly and nice staff. Patient care is one of the leading factors of working in this hospital as they have high standards for their empoyees to ensure patients are taken care of
Difficult transition of EMR and many management changes
EPIC Ambulatory Analyst Team lead (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 29, 2018
Personally - I was allowed the ability to grow and train in different areas and gain skills over my tenure there. I made multiple changes and advanced to positions I had not dreamed possible.
Professionally - The organization experienced significant turn over and turmoil due to the change in the EMR. Multiple outsourcing opportunities were exercised and further influenced morale and cut out jobs at the organization. IT was outsourced to Cerner as they became a Cerner IT Works site.
Pros
Career advancement and training
Cons
Unstable and unfavorable environment due to so many changes
Middle of the road
RN II Pediatrics/Medical (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 12, 2018
A great place to apply your skills in a small-sized hospital. Staffing concerns are the big issue (too much staff on some units, too few on others, getting called off, etc). The patients are great, there's access to services in the community for your patients, and there's great renovations that have happened throughout the hospital. There's a push for increased continuing education opportunities and chances to learn new skills!
Fun job!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 8, 2018
This was truly a wonderful place to work. Management really cared about the staff. The best part of the job was the other staff and the [positivity.
review
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 4, 2018
a day to day basis at the hospital was typically always busy.
we had many many patients each morning who needed various help whether it be total care or very minimal assistance.
Pros
patient care
Cons
management
it is simply a hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 2, 2018
if you feel like you want to join a hospital and be a part of the greater good known as health care, then you are sadly mistaken if you think glens falls hospital will fill the void
Loved working here wish I didnt have to leave
Staffing and Bed Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 1, 2018
My job @ Glens falls Hospital was great. My management team was fair and very understanding. There was always room to grow with advancement there and my co workers were great,.
Pros
Pretty much could ge whatever time off I wanted
Cons
had to work 11-7
Behind the times
Rn (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Would never work there again. Cut throat staff, never any team work especially in the emergency room, poor management!
Behind the times with equipment, etc.
Pros
Cons
Staff
Not a nice place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801March 22, 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work. Wages were preset, not based on skill. Raises were also fixed, not based on performance. Ridiculous rules that were always changing.
Careful and considerate job placement, consistent with experiance and NY. State requirements
Liscensed Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 14, 2018
My position was in the Microbiology section of the laboratory.
The hours were 8-4, but required some overtime and every third weekend with two holidays per year..
I studied bacterial cultures, identified pathogens and performed antibiotic susceptibilities when necessary.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Steady work and semi variable hours
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls N. Y.March 12, 2018
There are plenty of great people to work and associate with, during and after work. Once established, the opportunities are endless, from building and grounds maintenance, too dietary, clerical, nursing, lab, and pharmacy technicians. The hospital can boast about one of the best caner centers in the north east.
Pros
Working with the people from the surrounding areas.
Cons
The medical profession is one of the toughest businesses, because of having to rely on the insurance companies.
Supportive Co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 11, 2018
I am blessed to be working with a supportive team in Glens Falls Hospital. Everyone treats me well and they have a nice collaborative individuals that coordinates care for the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glens Falls Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Glens Falls Hospital Reviews by Location