Glens Falls Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice place to work
Medical Secretary/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJune 28, 2018
Very family friendly and nice staff. Patient care is one of the leading factors of working in this hospital as they have high standards for their empoyees to ensure patients are taken care of
Middle of the road
RN II Pediatrics/Medical (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 12, 2018
A great place to apply your skills in a small-sized hospital. Staffing concerns are the big issue (too much staff on some units, too few on others, getting called off, etc). The patients are great, there's access to services in the community for your patients, and there's great renovations that have happened throughout the hospital. There's a push for increased continuing education opportunities and chances to learn new skills!
Fun job!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 8, 2018
This was truly a wonderful place to work. Management really cared about the staff. The best part of the job was the other staff and the [positivity.
review
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 4, 2018
a day to day basis at the hospital was typically always busy.
we had many many patients each morning who needed various help whether it be total care or very minimal assistance.
Pros
patient care
Cons
management
it is simply a hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 2, 2018
if you feel like you want to join a hospital and be a part of the greater good known as health care, then you are sadly mistaken if you think glens falls hospital will fill the void
Loved working here wish I didnt have to leave
Staffing and Bed Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 1, 2018
My job @ Glens falls Hospital was great. My management team was fair and very understanding. There was always room to grow with advancement there and my co workers were great,.
Pros
Pretty much could ge whatever time off I wanted
Cons
had to work 11-7
Behind the times
Rn (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Would never work there again. Cut throat staff, never any team work especially in the emergency room, poor management!
Behind the times with equipment, etc.
Pros
Cons
Staff
Not a nice place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801March 22, 2018
Not an enjoyable place to work. Wages were preset, not based on skill. Raises were also fixed, not based on performance. Ridiculous rules that were always changing.
Careful and considerate job placement, consistent with experiance and NY. State requirements
Liscensed Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 14, 2018
My position was in the Microbiology section of the laboratory.
The hours were 8-4, but required some overtime and every third weekend with two holidays per year..
I studied bacterial cultures, identified pathogens and performed antibiotic susceptibilities when necessary.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Steady work and semi variable hours
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls N. Y.March 12, 2018
There are plenty of great people to work and associate with, during and after work. Once established, the opportunities are endless, from building and grounds maintenance, too dietary, clerical, nursing, lab, and pharmacy technicians. The hospital can boast about one of the best caner centers in the north east.
Pros
Working with the people from the surrounding areas.
Cons
The medical profession is one of the toughest businesses, because of having to rely on the insurance companies.
Supportive Co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 11, 2018
I am blessed to be working with a supportive team in Glens Falls Hospital. Everyone treats me well and they have a nice collaborative individuals that coordinates care for the patients.
Negative Management
Electrician (Former Employee) –  glens fallsMarch 9, 2018
poor unskilled managers who don't take time to understand you or your duties with no concern of learning your position. Learning and training not allowed
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 7, 2018
Glens Falls Hospital was a secure and pleasant environment to work in. The employees were friendly and very helpful. I would actually suggest this job to friends and family.
Was a good place to work for.
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801March 2, 2018
Working as a part-time associate in the Gift Atrium was good. The staff were nicely. The only drawbacks were that the position was part-time and you were paid bi-weekly. Other than that, everything was great.
Pros
Received gifts from the gift atrium coordinator around the holidays, paid lunches when we had to count inventory.
Cons
Paid bi-weekly.
Great place to work wanting to try something different
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Management is great to work for and the atmosphere is great place to work in and my fellow employees and the patients and visitors are great company to be around.
Pros
Paid Time off and Benifits
Lack of professionalism and respect
Not at liberty to say (Former Employee) –  Admin.February 12, 2018
Senior Leadership very unprofessional and they don’t know what they don’t know. The lack of respect for other professionals was very disappointing to say the least.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Fair place to work, but hard to advance
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my co-workers at the hospital, but then when our jobs were subcontracted out to another company there were no offers to be placed in another department. I worked for the other company as a subcontractor for a while, but the management was very poor and very difficult to work for. They could have done a much better job of researching them before allowing them to take over the medical transcription department.
Pros
The other employees and the friendshipsj I had.
Cons
Subcontracted out the job
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Some days better than others. Managers lacked in listening skills and training. We often work short staffed and that makes it a safety hazard and its unfair to staff and patients.
Benefits
Cons
Short staff
Great place to work.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Excellent environment. Great staff and co-workers. Only worked there a short time but enjoyed all my time there. Would recommend this hospital to anyone interested in health care.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
None.
busy environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Not often a typical day depending on the acuity of the unit.
I have learned and gained great experience from this job because of its high intensity I have learned to adapt well anything and Deescalate angry violent patients