Glens Falls National Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hypocracy Abounds Here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 21, 2018
If you have a fair manager who isn't on a power trip, you will be successful. The problem is, there are only a handful of those in this company. The back biting is ridiculous. Expectations for tellers and managers are not the same. Some of the managers think mini skirts and dresses so short that they can't bend over are acceptable for themselves. Other managers think it is acceptable to have their friends or significant others come hang out during the day. And the pay is laughable. They are constantly short staffed, the turn over is high, and overtime is never an option. You will have to take 3hr lunch breaks to cut hours if you are over in hours. You also can not be less than 40 hours or you will be written up. Float staff is neglected, rarely trained correctly, and treated poorly in branches. Think twice before subjecting yourself and your family to working for this company.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Hypocracy, uneven expectations, high turnover, always short staffed, poor pay rate
Teller/ Plattsburgh NY
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Loved my job and the customers. Also the friends I made there are great. Management is terrible and a lot of favoritism if they liked you. If you were not all over management you went no where and were treated poorly. Also higher ups like vice President never acknowledged you. Made you feel like you were way beneth them. Expected to attend after work functions to make management look good. I would run the other way people. Better jobs else where.
Not enough staff
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 22, 2017
Working here is extremely stressful. The work load is unreasonable and their expectations are as well. Since management has changed it has gotten even worse. I dread going to work each day and I used to love it. The pay is also very low. I would not recommend working here in the current environment.
Pros
Pension plan, paid time off
Cons
Negative environment, low pay
All depends on the staff you work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 17, 2017
It could be fun, and I loved helping the customers. Depending on your staff can decide how your work experience will be. It is also a cross sell type of enviorment
Enjoyed working there overall!! Some managers are better than others but you'll find that everywhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The work day went by fairly quickly. I loved the fact that it's a home town bank!!! For the most part the customers were very friendly and I really enjoyed interacting with them on a regular basis. Not too hard of a job, but sometimes more is expected of you than you're initially hired for, but they will train you and make sure you understand what they're asking of you.
Backwards and top heavy
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Poor management and pitiful training. The office culture is one of snobbery and discouragement. Quitting my job there was the best thing I've done in a while.
Pros
Federal holidays off
Cons
Extremely low pay, little employee engagement
high turn over rates
Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 19, 2016
Interesting job, helping customers financially in the IT field. Operated as a call center with many other functions. Small department with many duties, very understaffed. Requires an associates, but still pays terrible regardless of education or experience. Benefits are not even affordable.
Floating Teller / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYApril 6, 2016
Balancing everyday cash handling and counts. Assisting Customers with transactions and helping all staff with daily processing. I made many friends inside the bank as well as out. Some of the difficulties were when cash was off and trying to find it and correct the issue. Enjoyed the daily work and people.
pretty good job
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Glens falls National bank was great. The benefits are the best feature and they are very flexible with your life schedule
Terrible work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Worst professional experience I hope to ever have! It's difficult having to work at a low-paying job and dealing with unpleasant customers daily, but the worst aspect of working here has to be Management. Personnel decisions are made based on the egos of Management, rather than based on longevity, or job performance. The turnover rate is high, you're often working short staffed. There is no job security. Any advancement opportunities exist only in the Glens Falls region.
Pros
Bank Holidays, Health Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Mangement

Want to know more about Glens Falls National Bank?

Ask a question
Great place to be
Electronic Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJuly 15, 2015
Throughout the day, everybody is providing customer service one way or another whether it be on the phone or on the computer. We assist customers that are having trouble with; debit cards, internet banking, statements, fraudulent charges, and many other things. My co workers are extremely helpful and are very patient with questions. I came into this job not knowing anything about banking and now I am able to assist customer's with little help. There will always be questions because it is impossible to know everything about electronic banking. The hardest part about this job is dealing with a difficult customer.
Great Local Bank
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 2, 2015
I love worked for them. They always have the employees best interest at heart. I really was able to make a strong career path.
Great coworkers, very stressfull, room to grow but must live in Glens Falls. Great benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 1, 2015
I did not have a great overall experience working here. There is plenty of room and opportunity to move up at this bank. You just have to live in Glens Falls to do so. If you don't mind high stress and very little reward/praise for the hard work you put in, this is the job for you. The coworkers are great to work with, almost like a family. Not sure if I can say the same for the management. This job has a high turnover rate. The pay is close to minimum wage, usually around $10 an hour. The benefits are great. Bluecross is the insurer. Hours are also great. They usually hire for full time and you get holidays off.
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
high stress, very little reward, must move for opportunity
Worst place you can imagine to work for.
I interacted with management everyday. (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYNovember 21, 2014
Power tripping managers. Demanding. Awful pay. Terrible work environment. Abusive comments on a weekly basis toward lower level employees. Disgusted. Hope they fail and get bought out. New management is a joke and I'm surprised their HR let managers hire their friends to do their dirty work for them. I thank god I quit. And I don't even believe in god.
Pros
Nothing. Good hours and holidays I guess.
Cons
Awful pay, Dumb managers, Demanding work for no reward, They have cut every incentive to work there, Place is a total joke since new CEOs started in 2013, Laughable.
Professional job and people. Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 13, 2014
While going to clock in for the day I greet my fellow employees as I enter the building. I set up my work station to be more effecient. I then start waiting on my customers. I process bank transactions that include simple deposits up to the most complicated transactions. Everyday I continue to learn something new, it is a never-ending process. My branch manager is a fun and energetic person who at the same time runs a very tight ship, maintaining professionalism and integrity. This is reflective in my co-workers as we get the job done and have fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job is sometimes certain transactions and questions are very challenging. This leads me in to the best part of the job and that is the relationship with my co-workers and their ability to help with the difficult transactions and/or questions.
Pros
My customers and co-workers
Cons
Particular shifts and hours
was a great place to work
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 4, 2013
The only reason I left was because I have to kids. Being a single mom it was hard to be a floating teller. Would love to go back to work for them.
Pros
very friendly
To much work, no hours, not great pay for location
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 19, 2013
I have anywhere between 20-30 taskmasters most of the time I had about five that always had me on long, time consuming projects. Was not allowed over time when need. The management do like to point fingers and blame lower staff and depending on department dress verys on how well you brown noise your boss.
customer service in busy branch
Head Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson Falls, NYJuly 24, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the public and providing quality customer service. I enjoy the challenge of helping customers with reconciling any questions the have with their accounts. I love my staff and the camaraderie we have. I enjoy being busy with the variety of job duties my position holds.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Busy/ Fun
Mortgage Rep (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 29, 2012
Enjoyed all my co workers and customers....Always was busy and enjoyed it
Pros
busy....fun:) lots of ot
Cons
not enough of a challenge
excellent company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYOctober 11, 2012
The short time I spent with the company I learned so many interesting things about the way a bank runs. I enjoyed learning the functions of the teller position and I enjoyed being with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and helping them with their needs and requests. I also enjoyed the bank dinners and bank meetings. They were always so informative and pleasant. It was nice associating with people throughout the company.