GLG logo

• Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Flexible hours, very interested and diverse clientele

GLG is a large consulting firm and therefore provides opportunities to work with a diverse audience within the industry. In addition, it allows to work as a freelance.

Pros

Flexibility

Consultation business. Work is infrequent but lucrative.

Consult for top tier companies. Mergers and acquisitions, general consulting and special projects. Work is infrequent but can be lucrative if available in your speciallized area.

Great company, occasionally get interest from clients. Very part term

From time to time someone needs specialized help that i'm qualified to help with, probably only about 5 hours a quarter. However, i'm compensated extremely well for this time. It's very low pressure when deciding whether to take a project or not.

Productive and Challenging

Outstanding, fun, challenging, engaging. I thoroughly enjoy working with GLG. I enjoy sharing my vast knowledge with professionals from all over the world.

Flexible and Thourough

GLG allows me the opportunity to consult on various fields that I have worked on in the past. They are very complete in recruiting and flexible in scheduling consultations.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

GLG Summary

Excellent working conditions with the ability to provide help and resolutions for major customers and stakeholders. Great income for persons looking for side income. All work is prescreened to make sure customers agree with the talent needed.

It is a pool of lost souls

Needed but highly efficient with no system to deploy the right person to any particular job. In other words their inventory of assets is not evaluated or deployed in a manner the meets customer expectations.

Pros

Cons

No managment

Council Member

As a council member you have the flexibility to accept or reject any project. There are many opportunities in various areas. So far it's been a great experience

Served as a Consultant

Was a great experience for me to connect with those who needed my IP. The only negative was that I did receive some requests for jobs that were outside of my scope of expertise.

Convenient Supplemental Income

This is basically an as needed, as requested position for consultant work based on your extensive knowledge in a specific market or industry. Pay is based on your expertise and experience and is by the hour

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GLG?

Service as Excellent Resource

Excellent Organization to utilize my knowledge and skills within the healthcare industry , particularly with a focus on evolving managed care market opportunities

Pros

independence, accept assignments following knowledge and experience

Cons

Irregular consulting opportunities

On line Job

Excellent place to share your knowledge with other business people interested in your expertise. The customer are based worldwide, and you are able to get apply for other projects as well.

Overall Review

Good Communication from the company, plenty of opportunities for additional work and engagement with the broader company. Interesting client engagements.

Consult on HDD Industry

This was a contract basis job and was only part time as inquiries from clients were forwarded to me to either accept or decline. I worked from my home office and conducted business via teleconferencing. As requested by clients, provide insights and opinions on current and long-term status/future of the HDD industry and the industries mechanical/electronics supply base. Continual industry research and analysis to determine trends in technology, manufacturing, supply base and markets

Independency of your opinion

Gerson Lehrman Group gives us possibility applying our knowledge and experience without biases to company interest. I am a Council Member giving advice, recommendations, visions and frameworks on, industry, building, and construction markets for more than 300 million USD. Giving key risk analysis, probabilities and trigger point to monitor and mitigate impacts to global funds investors.

flexible consulting hub

great place to choose the challenges and opportunities that match well with your background and capabilities. the number of hours and assignments you work are your call.

Pros

flexible & great side gig

Cons

mentored others in the field

allowed to lead, create, and market innovative solutions represented companies with deep resources , creative leadership, quality approaches, and open minds

Pros

freedom to do the job

Cons

many leads, listed time

Highly Professional and Ethical

Keep your resume up to date and they call you. The more available you are, the more jobs you receive. The more experience you have the more you will sought after. Corporate is very supportive.

Pros

You are able to make a difference.

Cons

Inconsistent assignments

Not enough to comment

Not enough experience with them to comment. I reserve judgement until I've received more work from them. It would be imprudent to comment before then.

flexible, professional environment

Great employer, offering flexibility. Must complete documents to ensure ethical and compliant participation when consulting. Highly respected firm who places high value on experienced professionals.

good place to work

good balance work life. pick my own jobs to work. easy to do. part time 1099. I only take the jobs I want. not told what jobs I have to take

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GLG.
Powered byComparably

Compare GLG with

Career recommendations for Consultant

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Learn about GLG in popular locations

• GLG