Glide Memorial Church Employee Reviews

It's Ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2019
Glide is ok to work at. The managers show favoritism to certain people. Most of co workers are awesome. Clients need to take a chill pill though. Clients do call you names if they dont get their way. If you take food from the kitchen or stock room with out asking then you will be fired same day. Men rise faster here. Alot of butt kissing so be prepared.
Toxic venomous environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2018
Just read the recent news and you will get a glimpse of the dis function of glide. They will suck you dry and fire you. It’s really a shame they promote and protect the worst people. Doing so much good amoungst the front line staff, most upper staff could care less.
Pros
Met some wonderful people, clients really appreciate the work you do
Cons
Toxic environment
it was community service
Food Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2017
We were there for only a few hours, and fed the homeless people of San Francisco. After we returned back to our homes and had our time completed. Never did i return.
productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work consist of passing out food if your a volunteer and keep a clean area. Volunteering there you learn a lot about referral services and helpful things like that.
Glide is good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2017
I dont know why I have to write a review for Glide memorial. I volunteered there multiple times to feed the homeless which is a good experience. You all should do it sometime.
Wonderful, and fun.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2017
This is a place that I enjoy immensely, I really enjoy working with the public and my coworkers. Each day is different and I enjoy the diversity and differences of all the people I serve and work with, I also enjoy all aspects of a high energy and high traffic kitchen.
Pros
The people, and the food.
Fun and Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Repair food for lunch and snacks for the people. Worked with other volunteers as well as staff members. All of the staff members were welcoming and happy for the help that was given.
Very Fast paced work place, with a great sense of humor, but dedicated to getting the job done.
Cafeteria & Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2015
prepared and set up food trays for Glide's clients for breakfast and lunch.
Greeted and Served meals to over 100 clients daily. Assisted seniors and other disabled clients.

Memorized dozens of names, and help seniors with their walkers and wheelchairs. Working with the less fortunate really puts a perspective of life on me because you have to really appreciate what you have and just embrace it to the fullest and just go out and help somebody that can use your help. my co-workers were wonderful and friendly.The best thing i can say about volunteering is the smiles on the faces you put on them when the clients are getting something warm and healthy in their bodies.
Pros
you can easily fall in love with the volunteer job.
Cons
Volunteer, Low pay rate.
Fun & Fast-Paced
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2012
A typical day at Glide is an extremely fun-loving, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.I have deepened my humility for others. The management at Glide is works with you. They care for their employees and make sure there are needs are met. My co-workers are amazing. we all come together as one to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes when the team gets overwhelmed with patrons, although we pull through. I enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing