Glidewell Dental Laboratories Employee Reviews

Great work place if you find the right job only
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
If you find the right position here the job culture is great I made lots of friends whom I still communicate regularly with. The pay is very low but the benefits are very good to compensate for that. Dental, health and vision with 6% matching for 401K unless they changed that. It is pretty much free money. Management is very poor, many managers whom i talked to who, seem to be coasting and do not know what they are doing. If they worked harder cases would not only go out much faster but there would be less problems with remakes and returns from doctors. But it seems management does whatever it can to scrap by like someone who gave up on life. Because the hardworking technicians is what is keeping this company afloat not the management
Pros
Made lots of friends, looked forward to coming to work, cafeteria, jukebox, ping pong table
Cons
Management seems to not possess mental operating capacity or the ability to use common sense
November 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for your detailed feedback. It is important to us to that we remove obstacles to our employees’ success whenever possible. We encourage our employees to take advantage of our open door policy with management to address concerns or involve your department’s HRBP to assist in resolving any communication or management issues. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the many benefits that Glidewell offers while you worked here. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fast paced
Dental tech (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 18, 2018
Fast paced environment. Quality and quantity must be your drive. Good for experience. Minimum pay for dental techs. Learn be driven and manage time well.
November 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that an entrepreneurial spirit produces not only customer satisfaction but also our employee’s success. While our company is large, we know that without each persons’ talents and contributions we would not maintain our leadership in the industry. Thank you for your review, and all the hard work you put in while working with us.

n/a
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA 92660August 26, 2018
A typical day at work was assisting calls and making sure dental offices and other labs were getting their cases on time, following up with payments and orders. Making sure everything is being done in a timely manner and all the cases and orders were accounted for.
August 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your consistent work in our Customer Service department: we appreciate the time you spent creating a positive customer experience for our clients.

Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future career endeavours!

Glidewell IT -- Fantastic Leadership in a challenging manufacturing company
IT Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2018
Glidewell Laboratories is a medium sized enterprise that operates much like a small business. Which can sometimes be awesome or really suck.

Most positions are manufacturing based, with a sprinkling of admin positions. The IT Department functions much like an independent facet of the company. Largely because of the difference required in workplace culture. IT Talent doesn't stick around with it's perks.

Management in IT is absolutely a saving grace. They are fantastic at their jobs, compassionate towards their teams and offer opportunities in the right amounts.

The largest challenge is a tie between culture and pace. The pace is break-neck at times. Changes happen with little or no notice. Most employees can handle it, but, others cannot and leave fairly quickly. The other is culture. All other departments cultures seem to be at ends with the IT culture at various points. The IT Management does a spectacular job at fending off these largely, but, it does affect us from time to time.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Coffee, Company Picnic
Cons
Small Bonus based on years worked, Culture can be wearing
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As a privately-held vertically integrated company, we DO get to enjoy the perks of being the largest dental lab in the country while also experiencing an entrepreneurial small business atmosphere. Over the past several years, Glidewell has been transitioning from being a largely analog company to being a forerunner in dental technology. Becoming a data driven company is not without its hurdles and growing pains. We’re glad that you have a great relationship with your managers and that you are able to experience the “fun” of IT in our fast-paced environment. Thank you for your review and your contributions at Glidewell Dental!

Multicultural environment
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2018
The size of this company with over 5000 employees and also the multicultural environment of it are for sure two interesting factors to consider when working at Glidewell.
August 30, 2018

Hi there, thank you for reviewing Glidewell! We are proud that our company attracts a diverse group of employees, not only in cultural backgrounds, but in skill set as well.

Although a large company may not be the right fit for every employee, it is a sign of our commitment to continued growth and improvement. Thank you for your review!

Very competitive and complex system of advancement
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2018
I worked in the shipping department, (slicing boxes open, making boxes and feeding a conveyor belt.) while some of my peers whom I started with started advancing before me onto order Processing, yet with no experience... The job tasks as a “distributor” at Glidewell were very petty and frustratingly slow. There was a lot of standing around waiting for work. I was promised an advance in position as an order processor after my 90 days of employment. (which is what I had initially applied for.) Instead, Managment kept me as a distributor, put me outside to work in the heat with no fan making boxes for hours at a time. Working at Glidewell was frustrating and the advancement system was very unprofessional and unorganized.
Pros
nice area, overtime option(time and a half), free life insurance, cafeteria paycheck deductions for lunch(optional), free coffee, and donuts on fridays, employee events.
Cons
Unprofessional management, unorganized, very little opportunity to advance, very little to no communication with management for any questions or resolution.
Educative place, latest dental technologies, friendly people
Instructional Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 14, 2018
This company is a great place to work, people are nice, and there is a lot of growing opportunities. However at the beginning you might not feel you are well paid, but if you work hard as times marches on you will start to increase your compensation. Working in this company is not a JOB is a CAREER you build.

i describe people at Glidewell Labs as Humble and friendly, there is a culture of help each other and the most powerful people are the most approachable and humble ever.

In this company you feel appreciated.

The hardest part of the job is due dates, this is a fast peace environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job: every Friday is donut day (free donuts for everyone), you get weekly paid (every Friday), after 1 year you can apply to any other position and they will pay you for the education period regardless of how long it takes. There are a lot of activities in this company as Barbecue day, roller coaster day, lot of parties. in others company they have celebration days but you still need to work, at Glidewell company you get to have fun with your coworkers and even family and not work at all, it is too much fun. I also love is family-friend friendly meaning that you can work together at the same department with wife/husband/best friend/ sister/brother.
Pros
they paid for your education, benefits, break times are decent long, hourly paid/per piece depending the position.
Cons
Compensation. (because of this there are a lot of people, that just come here to get the education they need and leave to others dental labs.
Good Benefits. Minimum Wage
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 7, 2018
Glidewell had excellent benefits and perks but the management did not have control over their subordinates and the training for at least my position was not very adequate.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 1, 2018
Busy workflow. Management strategies: hiring many employees with low pays which creates not very efficient production. Multicultural employees creates fun environment.
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CAMay 30, 2018
Glidewell is an excellent company to work for with a great learning environment. I would recommend Glidewell to anyone looking for a career in the dental industry.
Too many rules and things you have to remember for the pay.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 13, 2018
There is just too many rules and guideline you had to folow and the pay is too low. When one makes a mistake, they say that they are transparrent but there is so much going on in the background.
Pros
can't think of any pros that is worth working here
Cons
not enough pay.
SCHEDULER / DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 2, 2018
good company but never feel appreciated while at work. Wage is very minimal. Job advancement is difficult and slim chances. Great benefits and perks..
Great company, no job security though
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 8, 2018
Search the job description so you do not feel let down when you do not get the recognition you look for. Some things take time to show results, do not expect to get it here.
Pros
good company, good products, many good people
Cons
no job security. Shortsighted on staffs capabilities
Good food, rest area
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It is good place to work but management is really bad and the pay should be higher specially because they are leaders in the industry.
You can learn a lot and apply within other positions as well
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 11, 2017
Awesome culture and benefits with plenty of room to advance. Fellow employees are all friendly and happy to help with any questions you may have. The training process was lengthy but informative, with all the knowledge needed for the position, it is definitely needed. All around great place to be employed.
Good work environment with cafeteria
Scheduler and Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2017
Good place to work at with good health benefits Has a nice breakroom with TV and air conditioner. Work area is busy so it's always noisy. Food at the cafeteria is cheap and very filling.
August 31, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We are glad that you enjoyed the many benefits that we provide to our employees here at Glidewell. You’re right, every department is very busy! We are a fast-paced organization and we are so lucky to have built a strong reputation with dentists across the country that trust us to make great smiles for their patients. Thank you for your response and we wish you all the best in the future!

A lot of benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2017
This company has been good to me so far and I have a very understanding and flexible supervisor but not all supervisors are like this let me warn you! There will be "politics" in almost every department that I know so far. When I say politics, race wise.. The benefits is a huge part why I stayed in the company. They have Life, Health, visual, dental, 401k and discounts in addition to picnics and free food time to time. My department has a good atmosphere but I can't talk for all departments or location.
great benefits, great pay, great hours
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 17, 2017
this was a great company to work for and with great benefits, discounts as well as being well cultured. my complaint is that in some departments the management needs to change because some supervisors are horrible at their job and allow other employees to talk back to them and listen to their authorities.
Pros
provides a food court, juke box, use your badge if you dont have cash on hand
Cons
management needs to change
August 31, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working with Glidewell. Taking care of employees is a high priority for Mr. Glidewell and all of our executive team. We are glad to hear that you saw that sentiment in action through our company benefits and culture. We have recently introduced a new series of management courses through our Learning and Development department aimed to enhance the skills and self-confidence of our new leaders. We at Glidewell know that there is always room for improvement, and we strongly endorse continuous development of our leaders so that they may positively influence our employees. Thank you for feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Good place to work, great benefits, unfortunately low pay.
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2017
Worked here for almost a year, almost got promoted to warehouse lead within 6 months. Great people, warehouse manager is awesome. Probably the best I've ever had, benefits are great, gym, wellness center. Moved on after finding a better opportunity.
Pros
Gym, wellness center, company barbecues, knotts trip once a year.
Cons
Compensation was a little to low for my taste
June 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your manager and took advantage of the many employee benefits we make available to our Glidewell family. We are sorry to hear that your reason for leaving was monetary. Human Resources is currently evaluating many roles to adjust salaries and benefits to align with industry norms. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Flexible, Opportunities, Professional
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 30, 2017
My 5 years at Glidewell were filled with knowledge and experience. The company takes care of its employees better than anything I have ever experienced or heard from anybody else. I enjoyed my time working for this company.
Pros
Benefits, insurance, full time
Cons
Distance, specialized
June 22, 2017

Thank you for your 5 years of service and dedication to the Glidewell team. Employees are the heart of our business and we are so pleased to hear that came through during your experience here. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glidewell Dental Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Glidewell Dental Laboratories Reviews by Location