GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Technical Advisor Implant department (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2018
They under pay the technicians(mostly Asian). Lots of unfair favoritism and politics in the management. Very Strict military type structure with schedules(docked for using the restroom not on break). On site restaurant is worse than a food truck. The benefits are to try and keep a heavy turnover of employees. Not good training for the job, only “glidewell” training to be a robot for their culture. Only reason dentists use Glidewell is for the no fault remake policy. For patients: don’t let glidewell make your restorations. They make all the money with raw materials, not quality of the crowns or dentures or implants. Met great people in the coworkers.
Pros
2 weeks vacation first year, 401k match
Cons
HR and management
WAREHOUSE/INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caSeptember 15, 2018
Well Glidewell Laboratories is a great place to work and there are lots of fun people there who work hard together to make sure we provide the top dental equipment to our customers.
Pros
Restaurant on site
Cons
Hot in warehouse
September 17, 2018

Hi there, thank you for review of your time at Glidewell Laboratories. We are proud of the top-notch products and services that our hard-working employees make a reality each day. Our in-house restaurant, Jimmy G’s, is certainly one of our favorite company benefits: not every company can boast delicious food made on-site. Thank you for all of the hard work you put in here at Glidewell, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great benefits, unlivable wage
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2018
This is Irvine California, not Idaho. Please offer a livable wage. I don't know how they can possibly find their offerings reasonable. It's absolutely insulting.
Pros
Tons of great benefits; insurance, on site gym and clinic, etc.Plus, your co-workers are propaply super cool
Cons
They WAY underpay.
Good friendly workplace with good benefits and a built in restaurant
Cabinet Builder (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
Glidewell Laboratories has been a great place to work. Most everyone is very friendly and polite. Good, low price food at the company restaurant. Good work flow. Even made a few personal friends from this job. Not to mention the benefits are great.
Pros
Great benefits, workplace restaurant, nice, friendly people to work with
Cons
Work outside a lot, management can get weighed down between so many departments working on the same project.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re so pleased to hear that you have had such a great experience working at Glidewell. We know that a great work environment is essential to employees feeling valued and appreciated. Balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders is a necessity in every department, and while it may take a little longer, what we build together is greater. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and your contributions at Glidewell!

Loved it
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 21, 2018
A great job. Only downside is that if you do your job too well and get promoted, the employees that have been there longer will sometimes throw shade if they weren't the ones to get said promotuon/pay raise.
Pros
Jimmy Johns
Cons
Na
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working at Glidewell. While we are very proud of the tenure many of our employees here, promotions should be earned. We actively invest in our employees’ growth and work with our Learning and Development department to get employees ready for the next stage in their careers. Thank you for your contributions and we wish you continued success in your future endeavors.

Sweat Shop Slave
Slave (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2018
I feel like a slave here! Fast pace and they demand quick quick quick work load. Department is like a sweatshop. They work you til you're worn out. Supervisors and managers watch you do everything like a hawk.
July 13, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant working experience. We continually look for opportunities to make employees feel valued and find outlets to progress their career. As the largest dental laboratory in the world, Glidewell is a very fast-paced environment in every department. Those who enjoy that pace and our company’s pursuit of progress find this environment to be invigorating and a good “fit” for their career. But it isn’t for everyone! Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Too many management. Felt like a slave
Slave (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2018
Felt like a slave at glidewell dupont department. Everything here is outdated- they have 4 computers in the cafeteria lounge and only 1 work. All HR and management teamed up on you and brainwashes you.

Low wages. Way too high expectations
June 26, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant working experience. We continually look for opportunities to make employees feel valued and find outlets to progress their career. Many of our employees transfer internally to follow their interests and seek out new opportunities within the company. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

good company
shipper (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2018
this company is good..you can learn and grow..there is job security..number one problem is the language barrier and unfriendly environment..some are rude but if you have thick skin then its a least problem..shipping department is over staff..small space so crowded..dear glidewell they need bigger space..over staff 5 people for one task you dont need that much..regret leaving but hopefully they take back people because its really a good company
Pros
excellent benefits, clean place, take care of their employees, a lot of place for growth
Cons
parking space, language barrier
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. At Glidewell, we know that professional development and career opportunities are essential to employee satisfaction and our goals as an industry leader. We will pass on your suggestions to our HRBPs and evaluate if they have been addressed since your departure. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great place for you to learn different experience
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is we have great employees that get along with each other well. We have some great benefits such as in house clinic and gym. The company is willing to hire internally and help you advance in many different fields.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We believe that the innovative culture at Glidewell fosters a sense of camaraderie, learning and fun. Many of our top managers and executives have grown their careers at Glidewell from entry level and we love to help employees follow their passions to grow their career. Thank you for your feedback!

great place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2018
Hard working team, great place to work.

I was a design engineer and I had lots of opportunities to learn about different machines and software.

There were lots of company activites that were fun.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear you had a great experience working at Glidewell. Here we believe fun and a strong work ethic can go hand in hand. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Micro managing galore
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 1, 2018
Weekly pay is great,some discounts too. The microscope and the measurements taken by management for meeting their customer service is insane. While having a review every 3 month where you are graded on customer service does keep you on your toes,the pay is ridiculous.Trying to get a good raise is a joke. Low pay is not motivation.Covering up for their sloppy lab work is constant.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. Customer service plays a crucial role in customer retention and feedback cycle for our operations. Many of our successful customer service representatives continue their career at Glidewell in different departments where they can utilize their product expertise. HR is continually evaluating compensation packages to be competitive within our field and provide many perks to Glidewell employment. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service, Operator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
Glidewell offers security and growth. With hard work they will acknowledge and are very understanding when it comes to work and outside work Just communicate and it is a good place to be.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, communication is always key to any relationship, whether that be with your manager or with your customers. Thank you for your feedback and your hard work at Glidewell!

awful company treat people as servants, every one is there for a reason!
CAD/CAM Designer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
so very much bad company, when you enter there you feel like you are in Asia 99% of employees are asian and they are bias to each other
low payment i have been there for about 6 months and take $11.50 /h
the peice work is the biggest lie
very very very unfriendly environment
the unfriendly Asian culture predominate
I have a very high dental academic background and the supervisor enjoy telling me that I have a bad quality work
Pros
everything is just bad
Cons
everything is just bad
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you have had a rough start here at Glidewell. We encourage you to reach out to your department’s HRBP to discuss your concerns about your work environment. Thank you for your feedback.

Their management sucks
Newport Beach - Dental tech (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 17, 2018
Everyone who isn’t viatnemis (idk how to spell that) is discrimanised . Their pay sucks also . I needed a job so I applied and they don’t tell you what other jobs are available besides the one you applied for depending on how you look and once you get the job your stuck doing the same thing for a year if you want to transfer Any where else in the building
Pros
Work events
Cons
Everything else
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. A full list of available job openings is frequently updated on our website. Applicants are invited to fill out several applications for jobs in which they’d like to be considered. Many of our seasoned employees have taken advantage of our internal transfer opportunities as they develop professionally to create a career they are passionate about. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

great workplace
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 16, 2018
its an amazing company that definitely puts their employees first they have many fun events for employees and their family the workdays are great the employees are fun and kind the management are wonderful people that do their best to help employees
Pros
discounted dental work(crowns, implants, dental hygiene equipment)
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our hard working employees are key to the success of our organization and we do our best to express our appreciation for all you do. Through our employee appreciation days, Knotts Berry Farm Picnic, on-site amenities, and professional development we aim to create a positive work environment. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hard working staff at the lower levels. Only good times to be had at the upper levels.
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 13, 2018
Technician level staff work their hearts out for very little pay or benefits. Most upper managers do not even say "hello" to staff, let alone know their names and what they are all about. Highly stressful environment and can be fired at any time. Cameras everywhere. Poor communication. No focus on main core of business. Constantly being given different and often times conflicting instructions. Dusty/smelly environment that is often times too hot or too cold.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. Glidewell is a very fast-paced environment, which can lead to miscommunication or induce a feeling of stress. In a company of 4,000 employees it is difficult to know everyone by name, but know that your contributions to our company and our customers do not go unnoticed. In order to show our appreciation, Glidewell hosts numerous appreciation days, barbeques, and on-site amenities such Jimmy Gs, the gym and wellness center. Thank you for all you have contributed to Glidewell well and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

fun
Dev OPS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2018
exciting and challenging
Working with good technologies
Keeps the worker motivated
wellness center
exercise facility
food
All in all a great company if your a software engineer
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! At Glidewell, we continually push our industry forward with the innovative minds and hard work of our collaborative teams. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Great first job
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612April 5, 2018
This is a fun place to work. There is a diverse of culture. This is a fast paced environment,yet it is very relaxed for the type of work and amount one does.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Glidewell employees come from all walks of life with many different backgrounds and points of view, what brings us together is our goal of innovating the dental industry. Our business moves quickly and we have fun creating new opportunities not only for our business, but for our employees as well! Thank you for your review!

Productive and fun coworkers
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2018
It is a good company to start of your career in. A good work place to gain work experience particular in your field. Great benefits such as the company having their own Wellness Center and gym.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you are having such a positive experience as part of the Glidewell family. There are many opportunities to not only start your career with Glidewell, but also grow professionally and follow your passions. Our employees in good standing can take advantage of our internal transfer opportunities to find a career path that grows you. Thank you for your feedback and your hard work taking great care of our customers!

Fun work place
Manufacturing Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Great company to work for good people good atmosphere Pace fare good vacation benefits are good very relaxing place to work for they always provide good food for parties holidays
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Needs Improvement on safety
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience working here at Glidewell. We strive to take good care of our employees and make them feel appreciated. Would you be interested in sharing more information on your safety concerns? Please contact us at hrbusinesspartners@glidewelldental.com so that we can learn more and involve the appropriate parties in a solution. Thank you for time!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about