GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

IT is the only good department.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
If you are not a lab technician, IT is the only department I would want to work in. The health plan isn't as good as it appears. They will try to not get you help for anything serious.
Pros
Annual trip to Knotts
Cons
The other 364 days of the year
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2018
Glidewell is an okay place to work but the management is awful, from being unfair and favoritisms people to being punished for unfairness. If you are looking for a temporary job this will do but not to stay permanently.
Pros
The job is not bad it’s easy but unrecognized
Cons
Management is awful and supervisor favoritisms on employees
Glidewell Laboratories
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 21, 2018
Work is typically busy but somedays can be very slow. The co-workers are very nice but management is lacking in many skills including common sense. sad honestly
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
November 2, 2018

Thank you for writing a review. We value employees like yourself that work well in a fast-paced environment, yet remain calm and professional. Our employees are encouraged to take advantage of our open door policy with management to address concerns in resolving any communication or management issues.

Stable Job with decent pay with ability to make more money
CAD/CAM Dental Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2018
The company treated me very well. I got along with all of my coworkers and was able to make more money than I had expected I could make. They had company sponsored events and other opportunities to show that they care about the employees
November 2, 2018

Hi there, thank you for your review of our company. We are excited to hear that you had a good experience while at Glidewell: we pride ourselves in rewarding the hard work of dedicated employees. Our human resources department works hard to ensure that our employee outreach events are not only fun, but also convey how valuable each employee is to our company’s overall success. We wish you the best in your future career plans.

Solid company
Supervisor/Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2018
This is a solid company where there are many opportunities. The work is demanding but it has to be because people's dental health is at stake. If you are dedicated and extremely hard working, you can reap huge rewards at this company.
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits, plenty of challenging work to keep you growing and engaged.
Cons
The stakes are high so the office politics can be daunting, Toxic particles and fumes are everywhere
November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Glidewell. We know that doing research on future technologies can be a daunting task, but also a rewarding experience. We appreciate your dedication to our company, and wish you the best in your future workplace endeavours.

Not recommended
Technical Advisor Implant department (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2018
They under pay the technicians(mostly Asian). Lots of unfair favoritism and politics in the management. Very Strict military type structure with schedules(docked for using the restroom not on break). On site restaurant is worse than a food truck. The benefits are to try and keep a heavy turnover of employees. Not good training for the job, only “glidewell” training to be a robot for their culture. Only reason dentists use Glidewell is for the no fault remake policy. For patients: don’t let glidewell make your restorations. They make all the money with raw materials, not quality of the crowns or dentures or implants. Met great people in the coworkers.
Pros
2 weeks vacation first year, 401k match
Cons
HR and management
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It is important to us to that we remove obstacles to our employees’ success whenever possible. We encourage our employees to take advantage of our open door policy with management to address concerns or involve your department’s HRBP to assist in resolving any communication or management issues. Our training for each department is position-specific, and intended to help employees onboard at a reasonable pace. We care about both our employees and customers, and reward both quality and hard work. Lab operations is the front line of our business and it is a high priority to us to support the growth and advancement of all of our hardworking employees. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

WAREHOUSE/INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caSeptember 15, 2018
Well Glidewell Laboratories is a great place to work and there are lots of fun people there who work hard together to make sure we provide the top dental equipment to our customers.
Pros
Restaurant on site
Cons
Hot in warehouse
September 17, 2018

Hi there, thank you for review of your time at Glidewell Laboratories. We are proud of the top-notch products and services that our hard-working employees make a reality each day. Our in-house restaurant, Jimmy G’s, is certainly one of our favorite company benefits: not every company can boast delicious food made on-site. Thank you for all of the hard work you put in here at Glidewell, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great benefits, unlivable wage
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2018
This is Irvine California, not Idaho. Please offer a livable wage. I don't know how they can possibly find their offerings reasonable. It's absolutely insulting.
Pros
Tons of great benefits; insurance, on site gym and clinic, etc.Plus, your co-workers are propaply super cool
Cons
They WAY underpay.
Glidewell
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people at Glidewell, but I had to work at a part-time job just to make ends meet. Wish the company paid more, but I'm glad I was able to get the experience.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that salary was your key reason for leaving. We highly encourage employees interested in new positions and opportunities to consider internal transfers within the company. Many of our most tenured employees have worked in a wide variety of departments as they learned new skills and decided their career path. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Distribution tech (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
Sexiest, disrespectful and ignorant. Managers tend to tell girls they will give them raises if they sleep with them. Also there is no room for advancement once you learn a area they leave you in it.
Good friendly workplace with good benefits and a built in restaurant
Cabinet Builder (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
Glidewell Laboratories has been a great place to work. Most everyone is very friendly and polite. Good, low price food at the company restaurant. Good work flow. Even made a few personal friends from this job. Not to mention the benefits are great.
Pros
Great benefits, workplace restaurant, nice, friendly people to work with
Cons
Work outside a lot, management can get weighed down between so many departments working on the same project.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re so pleased to hear that you have had such a great experience working at Glidewell. We know that a great work environment is essential to employees feeling valued and appreciated. Balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders is a necessity in every department, and while it may take a little longer, what we build together is greater. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and your contributions at Glidewell!

Loved it
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 21, 2018
A great job. Only downside is that if you do your job too well and get promoted, the employees that have been there longer will sometimes throw shade if they weren't the ones to get said promotuon/pay raise.
Pros
Jimmy Johns
Cons
Na
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working at Glidewell. While we are very proud of the tenure many of our employees here, promotions should be earned. We actively invest in our employees’ growth and work with our Learning and Development department to get employees ready for the next stage in their careers. Thank you for your contributions and we wish you continued success in your future endeavors.

Sweat Shop Slave
Slave (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2018
I feel like a slave here! Fast pace and they demand quick quick quick work load. Department is like a sweatshop. They work you til you're worn out. Supervisors and managers watch you do everything like a hawk.
July 13, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant working experience. We continually look for opportunities to make employees feel valued and find outlets to progress their career. As the largest dental laboratory in the world, Glidewell is a very fast-paced environment in every department. Those who enjoy that pace and our company’s pursuit of progress find this environment to be invigorating and a good “fit” for their career. But it isn’t for everyone! Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Too many management. Felt like a slave
Slave (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2018
Felt like a slave at glidewell dupont department. Everything here is outdated- they have 4 computers in the cafeteria lounge and only 1 work. All HR and management teamed up on you and brainwashes you.

Low wages. Way too high expectations
June 26, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant working experience. We continually look for opportunities to make employees feel valued and find outlets to progress their career. Many of our employees transfer internally to follow their interests and seek out new opportunities within the company. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

good company
shipper (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2018
this company is good..you can learn and grow..there is job security..number one problem is the language barrier and unfriendly environment..some are rude but if you have thick skin then its a least problem..shipping department is over staff..small space so crowded..dear glidewell they need bigger space..over staff 5 people for one task you dont need that much..regret leaving but hopefully they take back people because its really a good company
Pros
excellent benefits, clean place, take care of their employees, a lot of place for growth
Cons
parking space, language barrier
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. At Glidewell, we know that professional development and career opportunities are essential to employee satisfaction and our goals as an industry leader. We will pass on your suggestions to our HRBPs and evaluate if they have been addressed since your departure. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great place for you to learn different experience
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is we have great employees that get along with each other well. We have some great benefits such as in house clinic and gym. The company is willing to hire internally and help you advance in many different fields.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We believe that the innovative culture at Glidewell fosters a sense of camaraderie, learning and fun. Many of our top managers and executives have grown their careers at Glidewell from entry level and we love to help employees follow their passions to grow their career. Thank you for your feedback!

great place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2018
Hard working team, great place to work.

I was a design engineer and I had lots of opportunities to learn about different machines and software.

There were lots of company activites that were fun.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear you had a great experience working at Glidewell. Here we believe fun and a strong work ethic can go hand in hand. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Micro managing galore
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 1, 2018
Weekly pay is great,some discounts too. The microscope and the measurements taken by management for meeting their customer service is insane. While having a review every 3 month where you are graded on customer service does keep you on your toes,the pay is ridiculous.Trying to get a good raise is a joke. Low pay is not motivation.Covering up for their sloppy lab work is constant.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. Customer service plays a crucial role in customer retention and feedback cycle for our operations. Many of our successful customer service representatives continue their career at Glidewell in different departments where they can utilize their product expertise. HR is continually evaluating compensation packages to be competitive within our field and provide many perks to Glidewell employment. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service, Operator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
Glidewell offers security and growth. With hard work they will acknowledge and are very understanding when it comes to work and outside work Just communicate and it is a good place to be.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, communication is always key to any relationship, whether that be with your manager or with your customers. Thank you for your feedback and your hard work at Glidewell!

awful company treat people as servants, every one is there for a reason!
CAD/CAM Designer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
so very much bad company, when you enter there you feel like you are in Asia 99% of employees are asian and they are bias to each other
low payment i have been there for about 6 months and take $11.50 /h
the peice work is the biggest lie
very very very unfriendly environment
the unfriendly Asian culture predominate
I have a very high dental academic background and the supervisor enjoy telling me that I have a bad quality work
Pros
everything is just bad
Cons
everything is just bad
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you have had a rough start here at Glidewell. We encourage you to reach out to your department’s HRBP to discuss your concerns about your work environment. Thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.

GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Reviews by Location