GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2018
Hard working team, great place to work.

I was a design engineer and I had lots of opportunities to learn about different machines and software.

There were lots of company activites that were fun.
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear you had a great experience working at Glidewell. Here we believe fun and a strong work ethic can go hand in hand. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Micro managing galore
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 1, 2018
Weekly pay is great,some discounts too. The microscope and the measurements taken by management for meeting their customer service is insane. While having a review every 3 month where you are graded on customer service does keep you on your toes,the pay is ridiculous.Trying to get a good raise is a joke. Low pay is not motivation.Covering up for their sloppy lab work is constant.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. Customer service plays a crucial role in customer retention and feedback cycle for our operations. Many of our successful customer service representatives continue their career at Glidewell in different departments where they can utilize their product expertise. HR is continually evaluating compensation packages to be competitive within our field and provide many perks to Glidewell employment. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service, Operator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
Glidewell offers security and growth. With hard work they will acknowledge and are very understanding when it comes to work and outside work Just communicate and it is a good place to be.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, communication is always key to any relationship, whether that be with your manager or with your customers. Thank you for your feedback and your hard work at Glidewell!

awful company treat people as servants, every one is there for a reason!
CAD/CAM Designer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
so very much bad company, when you enter there you feel like you are in Asia 99% of employees are asian and they are bias to each other
low payment i have been there for about 6 months and take $11.50 /h
the peice work is the biggest lie
very very very unfriendly environment
the unfriendly Asian culture predominate
I have a very high dental academic background and the supervisor enjoy telling me that I have a bad quality work
Pros
everything is just bad
Cons
everything is just bad
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you have had a rough start here at Glidewell. We encourage you to reach out to your department’s HRBP to discuss your concerns about your work environment. Thank you for your feedback.

Their management sucks
Newport Beach - Dental tech (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 17, 2018
Everyone who isn’t viatnemis (idk how to spell that) is discrimanised . Their pay sucks also . I needed a job so I applied and they don’t tell you what other jobs are available besides the one you applied for depending on how you look and once you get the job your stuck doing the same thing for a year if you want to transfer Any where else in the building
Pros
Work events
Cons
Everything else
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. A full list of available job openings is frequently updated on our website. Applicants are invited to fill out several applications for jobs in which they’d like to be considered. Many of our seasoned employees have taken advantage of our internal transfer opportunities as they develop professionally to create a career they are passionate about. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

great workplace
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 16, 2018
its an amazing company that definitely puts their employees first they have many fun events for employees and their family the workdays are great the employees are fun and kind the management are wonderful people that do their best to help employees
Pros
discounted dental work(crowns, implants, dental hygiene equipment)
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our hard working employees are key to the success of our organization and we do our best to express our appreciation for all you do. Through our employee appreciation days, Knotts Berry Farm Picnic, on-site amenities, and professional development we aim to create a positive work environment. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hard working staff at the lower levels. Only good times to be had at the upper levels.
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 13, 2018
Technician level staff work their hearts out for very little pay or benefits. Most upper managers do not even say "hello" to staff, let alone know their names and what they are all about. Highly stressful environment and can be fired at any time. Cameras everywhere. Poor communication. No focus on main core of business. Constantly being given different and often times conflicting instructions. Dusty/smelly environment that is often times too hot or too cold.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. Glidewell is a very fast-paced environment, which can lead to miscommunication or induce a feeling of stress. In a company of 4,000 employees it is difficult to know everyone by name, but know that your contributions to our company and our customers do not go unnoticed. In order to show our appreciation, Glidewell hosts numerous appreciation days, barbeques, and on-site amenities such Jimmy Gs, the gym and wellness center. Thank you for all you have contributed to Glidewell well and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

fun
Dev OPS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2018
exciting and challenging
Working with good technologies
Keeps the worker motivated
wellness center
exercise facility
food
All in all a great company if your a software engineer
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! At Glidewell, we continually push our industry forward with the innovative minds and hard work of our collaborative teams. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Great first job
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612April 5, 2018
This is a fun place to work. There is a diverse of culture. This is a fast paced environment,yet it is very relaxed for the type of work and amount one does.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Glidewell employees come from all walks of life with many different backgrounds and points of view, what brings us together is our goal of innovating the dental industry. Our business moves quickly and we have fun creating new opportunities not only for our business, but for our employees as well! Thank you for your review!

Productive and fun coworkers
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2018
It is a good company to start of your career in. A good work place to gain work experience particular in your field. Great benefits such as the company having their own Wellness Center and gym.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you are having such a positive experience as part of the Glidewell family. There are many opportunities to not only start your career with Glidewell, but also grow professionally and follow your passions. Our employees in good standing can take advantage of our internal transfer opportunities to find a career path that grows you. Thank you for your feedback and your hard work taking great care of our customers!

Want to know more about GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Manufacturing Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Great company to work for good people good atmosphere Pace fare good vacation benefits are good very relaxing place to work for they always provide good food for parties holidays
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Needs Improvement on safety
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience working here at Glidewell. We strive to take good care of our employees and make them feel appreciated. Would you be interested in sharing more information on your safety concerns? Please contact us at hrbusinesspartners@glidewelldental.com so that we can learn more and involve the appropriate parties in a solution. Thank you for time!

Poor Management
CAD/CAM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Overall the company provides good benefits to employees. The level of management was quite poor; he/she cannot be able to communicate clearly and effectively to others. Furthermore, he/she lacks of delegating tasks to those who are capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee area of a product.
Pros
Free Knott's
Cons
Poor Management
February 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your detailed perspective. Effective communication and delegation are areas of management that set great managers above the rest, and these skills take the most time to develop. Our Learning and Development department works with many of our new managers to cultivate these critical soft skills. We also encourage our employees to discuss communication concerns with their manager and HRBP to assist in navigating through issues. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Nice Compnay
Manufacturing Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 8, 2018
the job is nice relax.... pay is low then most company out there... the only good thing it has its job security long time... there's a lot of favoritism going on
February 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you stated, many of our employees find Glidewell to be the company where they grow their careers. We encourage employees to discuss their career aspirations with both their manager and your dept’s HRBP, so that we can help you with your career development and find your work passion. Thank you for your review!

good company to work for.
Additionally, receive training as lab technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The day goes by fast for it is a fast working environment depending on your job assignment.
Has lots of activities throughout the year n in house cafeteria
Pros
in house cafeteria
Cons
n-a
February 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. You’re right, people that enjoy a fast-paced environment tend to thrive here at Glidewell. We enjoy rewarding our employees for their hard work with numerous appreciation events and company BBQs. We’re glad to hear that you were able to take part in so much that Glidewell has to offer! Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Great Company
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2018
It was great working for them. Found another company that was going to offer me a manager position, i would of still been there. Management was hard on us, yet very fun place to work at.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for your review! The payroll department is vital to keeping any company running smoothly. Thank you for the time you dedicated to Glidewell and we wish you the best as you take on exciting new challenges in your career!

Productive and Great place to work for.
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2018
My whole experience at Glidewell was excellent. Great place and they gave me the opportunity to move up. I started as a janitor in 2015 and moved to supervisor by 2016. Great people work there.
Pros
Cons
Management needs to focus on certain areas in the business.
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear that you were able to progress your career here at Glidewell. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Good people like family
Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, caJanuary 17, 2018
Glidewell offers a fun place to work but the pay for most of the lower level employees is very low. I have been there 4 years and have only gone up 32 cents in pay. They offer good benefits and fun stuff like pool tables, gym cafeteria but only if you have the time to enjoy it.
Pros
Production and techs very low pay
Cons
Nice co workers
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy the atmosphere and amenities that Glidewell has to offer. We continually evaluate compensation packages to stay ahead of the industry. Employees are encouraged to harness their entrepreneurial spirit in every department, which often leads to increased pay and career growth. We encourage you to reach out to your manager and HR department for any assistance planning your career goals. Thank you for your feedback!

It was fun to work at cause coworkers we’re amazing
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Pay needs to get better, management needs more training and get rid of call reviewes and stop recordings calls our jobs aren’t about hearing our calls
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed the camaraderie of your coworkers. As technical advisors, you are our front-line ambassadors managing our relationships with our dental customers. Reviewing calls helps us find holes in training as well as opportunities to delight our customers. These conversations can also inform us where we need to educate our customers before an issue arises.
Thank you again for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Bad management
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Managers go off of favorites and if you don’t fall under there favorites you’ll have a rough time workering here. They will mess with your pay and your hours!
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your management team. We know those day-to-day interactions can make or break an employee’s perception of the company. We highly recommend that any employee reach out their human resource business partner (HRBP) to help with issues that arise within the department. Employees can also reach out anonymously through our hotline or text service to voice their concerns. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Bad management
Scheduler (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 28, 2017
Great company overall, but really bad management. Benefits were amazing, paid time off & paid vacation. Too much work load placed on individuals without proper training.
Pros
Employee appreciation days, Benefits, medical, dental, paid time off and vacation
Cons
Poor management
January 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At Glidewell, we strive to take care of our employees and make them feel appreciated. We’re glad to hear that the company bbqs and benefits helped you feel like a valued member of our team. Having open communication with management and proper training is essential to a productive work environment. We encourage our employees to reach out to their department’s HRBP (Human Resource Business Partner) if they need help navigating these issues. We also have anonymous tip lines if you would like to share your concerns confidentially. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.