GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Wages below industry standards
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 27, 2019
I quit because I got a raise for .16. First I got a raise for .34 and I was insulted, then the raise for .16 left me feeling absolutely incensed so I quit. No raise should ever be less than .50 at the absolute minimum, especially not when the employee is exemplary and exceedingly good at their job. I constantly got compliments from the managers on how good I was, but my pay did not reflect this. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE as my conversations with co-workers revealed that they pay below industry wages to EVERYONE! It is not feasible to pay all your bills and support your family with the extremely low wages they pay. It's a stable job, that's about the only thing good about it. Work environment was decent, until someone you're not getting along with tries to elbow you and they do nothing. This is NOT a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Extremely low wages, not a progressive company
Very Unfair workplace culture
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2019
There is a high level of favoritism in most of the departments. There mostly is no equality between the employees. Some employees take long breaks and nobody bats an eye. And some who take short breaks are given write-ups.
Outdated Work Environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Decent benefits and model of moving up and transferring into different departments and roles. A place to get your foot in the door. Long term not so much. Nepotism and corrupt politics. HR does not have standardized approaches to solving employee relation issues. Heard of a lot of employees being screwed over and let go for little to no reason or evidence. This place needs a serious wake up call. Employees do not matter and the message is that you can be replaced easily.
Pros
option to move around
Cons
managers and HR
good place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 10, 2019
very productive and fun. Everyone made the day go by faster because we all got along. I worked graveyard and it is a hard shift to work because its hard to stay awake but the company provides coffee.
I only interned for a month as part of my high school's intern program
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I can't answer most of the questions because I wasn't an actual employee there. But, for the the month I was there, I had a lot of fun and the employees helped me and taught me a lot.
January 16, 2019

Full-time or not, we are glad you enjoyed your experience at Glidewell, and we always appreciate the valuable work that our interns put in and present at the end of their internship. Interns are one of the quickest ways to introduce new ideas to different departments, as well as pass on the wealth of knowledge that our management possess. We wish you the best luck in your future endeavors!

Not worth it
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 25, 2018
Under paying staff and crew
Not enough hours
Staff treated unfairly
You don’t have a voice nor opinion they basically shut you out
They blame you for their faults
Pros
30mins to an hour lunches
Cons
Under pay
Productive and fun working place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 17, 2018
Many people spent most of their life working here, but very few of them received good salaries. They have been working hard for a long time, and they got stressed out, too.
Cons
Health care
November 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. We strive to provide quality benefits for our employees and relevant internal opportunities for growth as well. Glidewell is proud to offer 401k matching plans, healthcare plans, dental plans, and an in-house gym and cafeteria. The health and quality of life that our employees have is important to us and hard work is always rewarded. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future career plans.

Room for growth
Desktop Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 15, 2018
I have been working at Glidewell Dental full-time

Pros

-Pretty cool coworkers, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more diverse group, both in age and background
-amazing in-house cafeteria, complete with the best cooking staff
-health and wellness center
^did I mention that above two are subsidized?
-company-wide social events
-full days, but not overworked

Cons

Overall, I think there could be better communication from the executive level to each department, and the same amongst middle management, who often feel like they are not completely working together. What I would consider slightly typical shortcomings of corporate America, but I see changes coming slowly, so we will see.

Advice to Management

Be clear in your direction, and specific in your wants, because those below you are only as good as the instructions they are given, no matter how ambitious.
November 21, 2018

Hi there, thank you for your review, and all of the hard work you do for Glidewell Dental. Our talented employees are certainly one of the biggest proponents of our positive and entrepreneurial work culture. We encourage all employees to take advantage of our open door policy for any further concerns.

IT is the only good department.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
If you are not a lab technician, IT is the only department I would want to work in. The health plan isn't as good as it appears. They will try to not get you help for anything serious.
Pros
Annual trip to Knotts
Cons
The other 364 days of the year
November 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoy our Knott’s trip: it is certainly one of the highlights of the year for us too! Although each department is a little different in its goals and direction, every department strives for excellence; we want our employees to succeed, so we encourage internal promotions and transfers if an employee meets the minimum requirements.

Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2018
Glidewell is an okay place to work but the management is awful, from being unfair and favoritisms people to being punished for unfairness. If you are looking for a temporary job this will do but not to stay permanently.
Pros
The job is not bad it’s easy but unrecognized
Cons
Management is awful and supervisor favoritisms on employees
November 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your time at Glidewell. We always encourage employees to reach out to their HRBP so that we can better understand the situation. Thank you for your review!

Glidewell Laboratories
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 21, 2018
Work is typically busy but somedays can be very slow. The co-workers are very nice but management is lacking in many skills including common sense. sad honestly
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
November 2, 2018

Thank you for writing a review. We value employees like yourself that work well in a fast-paced environment, yet remain calm and professional. Our employees are encouraged to take advantage of our open door policy with management to address concerns in resolving any communication or management issues.

Stable Job with decent pay with ability to make more money
CAD/CAM Dental Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2018
The company treated me very well. I got along with all of my coworkers and was able to make more money than I had expected I could make. They had company sponsored events and other opportunities to show that they care about the employees
November 2, 2018

Hi there, thank you for your review of our company. We are excited to hear that you had a good experience while at Glidewell: we pride ourselves in rewarding the hard work of dedicated employees. Our human resources department works hard to ensure that our employee outreach events are not only fun, but also convey how valuable each employee is to our company’s overall success. We wish you the best in your future career plans.

Solid company
Supervisor/Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2018
This is a solid company where there are many opportunities. The work is demanding but it has to be because people's dental health is at stake. If you are dedicated and extremely hard working, you can reap huge rewards at this company.
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits, plenty of challenging work to keep you growing and engaged.
Cons
The stakes are high so the office politics can be daunting, Toxic particles and fumes are everywhere
November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Glidewell. We know that doing research on future technologies can be a daunting task, but also a rewarding experience. We appreciate your dedication to our company, and wish you the best in your future workplace endeavours.

Not recommended
Technical Advisor Implant department (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2018
They under pay the technicians(mostly Asian). Lots of unfair favoritism and politics in the management. Very Strict military type structure with schedules(docked for using the restroom not on break). On site restaurant is worse than a food truck. The benefits are to try and keep a heavy turnover of employees. Not good training for the job, only “glidewell” training to be a robot for their culture. Only reason dentists use Glidewell is for the no fault remake policy. For patients: don’t let glidewell make your restorations. They make all the money with raw materials, not quality of the crowns or dentures or implants. Met great people in the coworkers.
Pros
2 weeks vacation first year, 401k match
Cons
HR and management
November 2, 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It is important to us to that we remove obstacles to our employees’ success whenever possible. We encourage our employees to take advantage of our open door policy with management to address concerns or involve your department’s HRBP to assist in resolving any communication or management issues. Our training for each department is position-specific, and intended to help employees onboard at a reasonable pace. We care about both our employees and customers, and reward both quality and hard work. Lab operations is the front line of our business and it is a high priority to us to support the growth and advancement of all of our hardworking employees. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

WAREHOUSE/INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irvine, caSeptember 15, 2018
Well Glidewell Laboratories is a great place to work and there are lots of fun people there who work hard together to make sure we provide the top dental equipment to our customers.
Pros
Restaurant on site
Cons
Hot in warehouse
September 17, 2018

Hi there, thank you for review of your time at Glidewell Laboratories. We are proud of the top-notch products and services that our hard-working employees make a reality each day. Our in-house restaurant, Jimmy G’s, is certainly one of our favorite company benefits: not every company can boast delicious food made on-site. Thank you for all of the hard work you put in here at Glidewell, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Great benefits, unlivable wage
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2018
This is Irvine California, not Idaho. Please offer a livable wage. I don't know how they can possibly find their offerings reasonable. It's absolutely insulting.
Pros
Tons of great benefits; insurance, on site gym and clinic, etc.Plus, your co-workers are propaply super cool
Cons
They WAY underpay.
Glidewell
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people at Glidewell, but I had to work at a part-time job just to make ends meet. Wish the company paid more, but I'm glad I was able to get the experience.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that salary was your key reason for leaving. We highly encourage employees interested in new positions and opportunities to consider internal transfers within the company. Many of our most tenured employees have worked in a wide variety of departments as they learned new skills and decided their career path. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Distribution tech (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
Sexiest, disrespectful and ignorant. Managers tend to tell girls they will give them raises if they sleep with them. Also there is no room for advancement once you learn a area they leave you in it.
Good friendly workplace with good benefits and a built in restaurant
Cabinet Builder (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
Glidewell Laboratories has been a great place to work. Most everyone is very friendly and polite. Good, low price food at the company restaurant. Good work flow. Even made a few personal friends from this job. Not to mention the benefits are great.
Pros
Great benefits, workplace restaurant, nice, friendly people to work with
Cons
Work outside a lot, management can get weighed down between so many departments working on the same project.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re so pleased to hear that you have had such a great experience working at Glidewell. We know that a great work environment is essential to employees feeling valued and appreciated. Balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders is a necessity in every department, and while it may take a little longer, what we build together is greater. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and your contributions at Glidewell!

Loved it
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 21, 2018
A great job. Only downside is that if you do your job too well and get promoted, the employees that have been there longer will sometimes throw shade if they weren't the ones to get said promotuon/pay raise.
Pros
Jimmy Johns
Cons
Na
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working at Glidewell. While we are very proud of the tenure many of our employees here, promotions should be earned. We actively invest in our employees’ growth and work with our Learning and Development department to get employees ready for the next stage in their careers. Thank you for your contributions and we wish you continued success in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.

GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES Reviews by Location