GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Everything coexists, good or bad

Production environment changes dynamically.Multicultural work environment.Excellent and poor management coexists.IT support for production cannot catch up the change speed.

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies

Cons

Poor IT Support for production

Okay for someone entering the workforce

No parking!! Management offers little to no support. White people are mostly the ones getting promoted to managerial positions. I like that their cafeteria is nice and food is usually good. Gym onsite is also a nice bonus. You also get to work with people hailing from different countries so you get familiar with their cultures.

Pros

Nice cafeteria and gym onsite!

Cons

No support from management.

Interesting company lots of mfg. methods.

I developed a whole new department from scratch, which was a massive benefit to the company. They didn't appreciate my efforts and gave the department to others to manage instead of me. I objected and resigned in disappointment. True story.

Pros

Nice cafeteria.

Cons

Work driven culture.

typical manufacturing show

show up to work. do your job. go home and get paid. Work @ your own paced unless you work at a snail like pace. benefits are reasonable. $25 for medical PPO and $15 for dental every paycheck.

Pros

cafeteria

Cons

lay offs

Productive, fun , room for growth

Good place to work at, great management (some) , a lot of room for growth if you know the right people, friendly environmentA lot of employee activities

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Management issues

I worked for Customer Service. My immediate management was among the best I have ever worked for, part of that was because I was lucky on what team I went to. Middle management was questionable, the job switched hands often and when I left someone was doing th job that was clueless but not mean to your face. On site cafeteria was too far from the customer service building to have enough time to eat on a 30 minute lunch, and generally was subpar food but you didn't have time to go out for lunch either. You could buy gas station-esque food or drinks but they were upmarked so they basically profited from taking your wages back from you. My friends on the production side of things would tell me very questionable things about how that side was ran. Some management stays in their position despite numerous actions that you would think would get them demoted or fired...creating awkward and/or bad situations with anyone reporting the issues. Customer service is receiving non stop calls all day. It's difficult to get the amount of calls expected while doing a good job for the customers. The best marks it seems come from hitting your numbers and learning to do the bare minimum for customers. Going above and beyond can get noticed but is minimally rewarded and doesn't make up for the troubles of not hitting numbers.

Cons

Short breaks

work environment

not worth the work environment and stress. not enough enough for the work they give you. learning new things, they dont teach you in detail or as clear. schedule is not flexible .

Pros

lunch

Cons

work environment

Stressful

I worked as a Technical Advisor. Pay was $20 an hour at the time, lots of overtime which I didn’t mind. Work/life balance was awful especially working if working the 9-5 shift.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Literally everything else

Not Bad

It’s not bad, it could be better. The management is okay, the workload is okay, the pay is okay. There is little to no room for growth. Parking can be difficult.

Good

Job place is good, management is good, people are friendly, food is good and they take from ur paycheck, they have a gym, their own doctor and many benefits

Challenge

Productive , interesting, challenging, development new things, work steadily, interesting new levels of work enjoy what I do, satisfied when the job is done right, have fun enjoy doing what I do, enjoy end welcome new challenges

Cons

Great learning experience; not worth the pay

The company is money hungry, management only cares about their production goal/ bonus. They do not value their employees and they definitely do not care about the patients or doctors! Overwhelming amount of work for little pay.

Pros

Benefits, On site cafeteria/ resources

Cons

No annual reviews as promised

Good place to work with many nice people

everything about glidewell is overall good. work here seems really great and fun, I have never had any problems with my mangers or supervisors. the work day goes by really fast. Some times the pay can be too little, which seems normal for all entry positions.

Ping pong and pool tables

As a technician you get training to do one of many jobs in the lab. The pay is piecework so the better you are at your job the more money you can make. The bad thing is they can and will decrease how much you make per piece. Overall, despite the poor ratings Glidewell is a good place for someone looking for a new career as they will train you. If you like a highly competitive environment with lots of stress then you might be happy there. There are good people there to help you.

Pros

ping pong and pool tables

Cons

highly stressful

Opportunity

The company is a big corporation with a humble beginning. The owner really cares and appreciates his employees. Great benefits and incentives to keep employees motivated. Great management team and awesome team support.

Fun workplace

Great training, you learn a lot about customer service and also dentistry. The upper management was helpful and understanding. Our trainers where so fun and knowledgeable. The co-workers where great too! It felt like family.

Pros

Donuts and coffee every friday, cafeteria

Cons

Rude customers but manageable

Great people but not good pay for the amount of work

Great company culture and great people to work with in my department, but not much room to move up and pay wasn’t good for how much work I did. The pay increases were low each year as well. The benefits are great.

Pros

Cafeteria, clinic, gym on campus, company events

Cons

Pay, not much advancement opportunity

Very repetitive

Working at Glidewell Laboratories made me learn a lot of Customer Service, although they do micro manage, and there's favoritism. Room for growth in the company.

Pros

good schedules

Cons

Favoritism

Decent & Laid back Job with no rooms for Growth.

They're hiring every week. Company's policies is keeping minimum wages for old employees by getting new ones to fill the empty places. No rooms for growth, raise isn’t available within a reasonable timeline. Annual evaluation is a Joke ! Don't put a lot expectations on it. A typical day at work is to start cleaning the mess. I learned how to survive in the mess & dealing with horrible situation. Work place culture is it is what it is you can't do anything to it. The hardest part of the job is looking for room to growth. New technologies, robots keep replacing pieces work pay by hourly pay. The changes keep employee getting paid less as they grew older. The most enjoyable part of the job is most of job is not assembly jobs and there is a variety of departments & shifts for you to fit in.

Pros

Clean & spacious Restrooms with big TVs, Lunch rooms, very beautiful Restaurants.

Cons

short breaks, short vacations.

Work place diversity is one of the greatest assets at Glidewell Laboratories

Glidewell Laboratories is a great place to work.We have one of the most diverse work environments with people from all walks of life. Mr Glidewell is an asset to county of Orange. This is a place , that offers opportunity to all regardless of race, gender, orientation , or handicap. The work environment. works hard to offer opportunity to all and excels in that regards.

Pros

Environment that encourages personal growth

Cons

Not enough on campus parking

Very busy work place with not enough workers

Overall there’s lots of understaffed sections of the company causing many workers to become overworked. They will burn out new people to do more work than people who have been with the company for years. If you want any position here go for tech positions or call center otherwise it’s not worth it compared to other jobs and the pay.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Understaffed, Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GLIDEWELL LABORATORIES.
Powered byComparably