Global Brands Group Employee Reviews

Long hours and short staffed lead to low employee morale.
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
Poor leadership, long hours and short staffed lead to low employee morale.

No standard reporting across departments lead to duplication of work. No work life balance.

Implemented new SAP system with no clear training on new system.

The culture was very divisive. No Mentoring or leadership training.
Pros
Good benift package
Cons
Long hours, limited staff.
Old boys club atmosphere run by idiots
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
Senior managers are incompetent and clueless about day to day operations. Systems are poorly thought out and need lots of work arounds to function. Old boy atmosphere where friends are favored over hard workers.
Nice Office, Great Coworkers, Boring Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
No room for growth.
A lot of operational experience.
Good group of people.
Very cool office.
Great brands.
Easy selling.
Not a lot of direction.
Micromanaged.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Very tough life working here
Change Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
I loved my role, loved the projects I was working on. However, management was horrible. The culture is beyond toxic. I went to sleep with a huge knot in my stomach every night and woke up with anxiety. I lasted 8 months there and happily left when I did. Got great work experience and I use it in my current job so I am thankful for that. But otherwise, be aware of who your future boss may be because the people of a company are everything.
Not Ideal
Allocator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2018
Management needs work, and it is very hard to advance. There is no clear goal for the company. However they offer paid time off, with a floating holiday.
Great office in Plymouth Meeting
Assistant, Import (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 21, 2018
The hours of work was the best I ever had, if you work hard there it doesn't pay off, management only gives you what you what you want to hear not the the truth and there are favors. The hardest part of the the job was trying to find out what was going on with the company, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people.
Pros
Not good communications on the company part.
Cons
Great benefits
If you have a good manager, its a great place to work - if not it isn't
ORDER MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 16, 2018
good company - been around for a long time - Poor upper management that is very cliquish, and they hire poor managers. Don't promote unless you are in the clique
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Fast paced, short term profit minded
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
This company has potential to build brands and be a player in the accessory industry, but fails due to its larger focus on short term profit gains which are achieved at the expense of the brands. (ie selling off price and downgrading the quality and stature of the brand by building and offering moderate design at low costs targeting off price markets)
Lots of extra perks and benefits.
Production Manager, Homestead Division (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2018
Although I only worked here for less than a year, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the team work of my fellow colleagues. My job was eliminated when my division was purchased by an overseas company.
Pros
Daily food trucks, discounted items available for purchase, generous paid time off within the first year, good company benefits.
Cons
Year end was very stressful and not enough help was given during this time.
Gbg
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2018
-Relaxed, and positive environment.
-People are very nice and helpful.
-Handle customer accounts in a timely manner.
-I enjoy working for this company because I am helping customers with their merchandise to be sure that they are satisfied.

Want to know more about Global Brands Group?

Ask a question
Loved working at gbg
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
This company is a great company, great benefits, great TPO, great work culture, great people, great work/life balance. Everything was organized not so crazy work culture like others in NY.
Don’t bother unless you get a real good salary from the beginning
Senior designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
This place at this moment is again restructuring, upper management is not communicating or does a good job to make ppl feel better about the uncertainty. They had a townhall for everyone to ask questions, but it was a room full of ppl that just received their reviews - almost everyone did not get any raises or what they were promised (the review period is in July- so you have to wait until then to see if you are getting a raise or not)

This company could be good if you are a manager and were able to negotiate a good salary, Bcs for the past few years no real raises were done or bonuses, and since you have to wait until July to figure it out makes it very hard for you to try to find something new. The people you will work with are great, but they can be the only reason you stay for so long.

Benefits are really good, the HR and upper management helping you to go to the next step of your career with a market competitive salary, they are worth it.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
No openness, heavy workload, really long hours, uncertainty, no recognition, no reward for hard work
To relaxed
Processing lead (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 12, 2018
People took advantage of management. There wasn’t any consequences for laziness. Hard workers weren’t acknowledged or rewarded for their duties except for more work from what the lazy people didn’t finish. Supervisors don’t do much and leave all the work for their leads then take the credit
Cons
No work life balance. Not enough pay. Little to no advancement
Laid back workplace, Management has open door policy and are helpful, great coworkers
Allocator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work. Health insurance is excellent and management is very "down to earth". Compensation is fair for position. Lots of perks including brand discounts. Recently half of company was sold and future is uncertain for my division.
Excell
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJune 25, 2018
The environment was relaxed easy going, people were very nice. My boss/manager at the time was very supportive, encouraging
knowledgable and was an exceptional nice individual.
Pros
very relaxed environment
Cons
none really
Started out Great, but declined over the years
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 18, 2018
Working at GBG was a chaotic experience. Change happened constantly and without much communication. No strategic vision or if there was one it was not communicated well.

The people were great and deserved better management than they receive. The former CFO was amazing and after his departure they just got rid of the people who wanted to make a difference and succeed.
Great Oppurtunity to focus skills.
Art Technician (Graphic Designer) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
Loved being able to design apparel featuring popular characters. They allowed a large degree of autonomy, as long as the initial parameters of the assignment were stuck to.
Too much uncertainties
Fabric R&D (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
* Constant restructuring
* Poor management by upper management, for example we would find out about the changes in the brands that we are working on through media and not from our management
Pros
convenient location
Cons
constant restructuring and uncertainties
highly stressful place to work
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2018
GBG is not interested in the employee. They are interested in the bottom financial line. I learned about multiple facets of the corporate world because when I started there it was a privately held company that was bought out by a world wide public company.The people I worked with were great. It was the corporate people in NY that didn't seem to care about the employees that weren't in the NY office.
It was a design collection project
Acessories Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
The global brands group work, was a group work design collection project carried out by me and my colleagues. We were supposed to design a collection for cold weather accessories and belts for fall winter 2019.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Brands Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight