Global Cash Access Employee Reviews

Support Specialist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 10, 2018
Great place to work if you want to get your feet wet and learn the payment processing/atm business within the gaming industry. Yearly bonuses were a plus.
Very exciting atmosphere to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2018
It was a great Company to work for at a time that I was starting a family. The pay and travel benefits were excellent. I loved working independently from home and creating my own schedule to visit my accounts in the field. I learned a lot about the Cash Advance Industry and I was rewarded yearly for my services. I would still be with the company today if layoffs never occurred during the times of economic downturn.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
On call 24/7
Fun Place to Work because it was at the casino
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 6, 2017
A typical day is fun because you see other people playing poker, I had a great management team. My cash handling skills got better, and I learn from my co-workers.
In the beginning.... it was fun... then
Lead Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2017
Learned a lot about what it was like to work with sycophants, unethical and undermined personnel, Was happy that the company downsized my position for I was ready to quit. Don't have much nice to say regarding this employer.
Pros
I didn't quit
Cons
too many to mention
diverse atmosphere
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 21, 2017
Worked for this company for about 4yr, they offer good insurance and the atmosphere was very diverse. I would recomed them they offer great opportuities
I loved it here.
Main Bank Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 27, 2017
I liked working here. Face pace environment which I love, along with some regulars, good hours and pay at the time. I love working with money and doing all the paperwork.
Guaranteed if you work in the support team you will not feel like there is a strong leadership within the department.
Support Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2017
Management lacks the seriousness and authority to run a smooth operating help desk or support team. With no prior management skill and or training the workplace had become overwhelmingly hostile on most days. Team is disbanded because of the lack of leadership and managerial structure is weak at best.
Pros
Insurance and health care
Cons
10 hr. work days
money service business
Booth Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2017
Managed daily booth operations that included, handling large amounts of money, preparing daily check deposits, weekly staff schedules. Reconcile daily, weekly, and monthly reports to maintain booth properly stocked with items such as currency and correct daily forms to properly conduct transactions.
Pros
good work place
Cons
doesn't seem to care about employees
Company as a whole is nondescript as possible
Support Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2016
Company has since changed names and owners since I worked there.

Department I worked in was small and seemed very separate from the rest of the company.

No structure to advance. Once you were hired you stayed there until you moved on or got fired.

Paid well but no extra benefits or bonuses.

Unlimited overtime due to small department size.
Pros
unlimited OT, hands off management
Cons
No great impact on company, Everyone is replaceable.
Company going through major changes with top management resulting in lack of communication.
Manager, Product Compliance Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2016
Company is undergoing changes with change of CEO. They are also expanding at a rate that is difficult for them to maintain communication. The benefits are good. The hardest part o the job was the excessive travel. There were times when I would be out training across the country for three out of the four weeks in a month. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients to resolve issues they were experiencing with the software as well as working with them to insure the software met their expectations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Travel
Fun Atmosphere
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grantville PennsylvaniaMarch 8, 2016
Working in the a branch located inside of a casino, a lot of new challenges and having a lot of responsibility gave me wings to work for other career opportunities. Almost every challenge was met and accomplished, never really had any issues with job.
Pros
great pay, great benifits
Cons
Na
Working with the customers.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part was to assist customers and their joy reporting to us their win on slot machines.
Pros
Fun workplace and good team members
Cons
The loss of contract
Enjoyed working with the customers. Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKNovember 17, 2015
Balancing the teal ,learned the computer program .Policy and procedure manual available.Management was great. Enjoyed getting to know my co-workers. The hardest part was being responsible for that amount of money.. I really loved the customers.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
were so busy sometime it was hard to take breaks.
Nice starting pay.
Booth Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
There was a nice starting pay for this job. The training was very flexible for the position, the skills learned can be used at other jobs.
Great Company
Human Resources Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Cared About employees. Employee's were friendly. Management was good. It was enjoyable to go to work each day.
Transitioning Merger/Acquisition
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2015
Building Operations and Maintenance daily.
Worked great with all co-workers and exec team.
Met all requests/projects in timely and efficient manner.
Learned a lot in facilities capacity in 6.5 years.
Pros
Pto, benefits, great relationship with co-workers
Cons
Acquisition has proved challenging
Unable to move up; unable to enjoy outside of work
Financial Services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 26, 2015
When I signed on to this job, it was made clear to me that over time you could move up shifts from Grave (10 pm to 6 am) to early shifts, but this quickly became obvious that it isn't possible. After one year of work here, I haven't moved up any further than my shift--one spot above Grave. I have tried and tried again to see about another shift, but I'm overlooked because Seniors get first bid for the position, which is another qualm: there is no ability to move up in this job. We have 4 Senior Cashier positions, and we have 4 Senior positions. Now that those are filled, we are guaranteed no promotions unless you want to be promoted out of the location we work at. The hours and overnights (as well as our boss's way of scheduling) makes it so that you have no time to enjoy any life outside of work due to your hours or days off (plus the cashiers are called in to work extra shifts first instead of Seniors or Supervisors), so you'll end up working extra more often than the other positions above you.
Depends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 26, 2015
Depending on where you work and what you do, GCA could be a great, or an abysmal company. What I do, cashier work, is not the best position, and the customers make the job much harder than it needs to be. If you work at Corporate in Las Vegas, you will probably find the job much like any other in a large company.

I know none of the higher positions in this company. The highest person in the chain of 'command' I know of is our branch manager.

A typical days requires you to SLOWLY, METICULOUSLY, explain every detail of a transaction to each and every customer, unless they have already been to the booth before. In which case, the transaction goes smoothly. You will usually get yelled at at least once or twice a day.

I have not learned much at this job. It requires you to count. I learned that before I went to school. I have made it far with my life I suppose.

The co-workers are the best part of the job. You can share in your misery of being at the casino and working there.

The hardest part of the job is the customers. They are all terrible people. Maybe 1 out of every 10 will be nice. Usually they are not. They also cannot listen and cannot hear a word you say no matter how many times you tell them something.

The best part of the job, as stated above, are your coworkers normally. Aside from that, watching people get frustrated at machines is pretty funny. Or the benefits. They are quite nice, but they also cut into your paycheck by a large amount.
Pros
Um... You meet new people?
Cons
Short breaks, including lunches, Horrible work environment, Customers do not like you.
Cool Place to Work
Technician, IT Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Lots of great people, and cool technologies in the payments world. Got a lot of the holidays off as well!
Pros
Got Black Friday off!
Cons
Didn't seem like much room for advancement in IT.
Fast paced work environment, great co workers and leadership in finance department
Director, Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I have been employed by GCA for 8 years and have been promoted from Senior Accountant to Director of Corporate Accounting. Our Controller has been a great mentor and influence. Most days are full and fast paced and I enjoy training and mentoring all of my staff. We all accomplish a lot in a day and our cohesiveness and retention speaks for itself.
Our Community involvement and volunteer work has been very uplifting and enjoyable.