Global Connections, Inc Employee Reviews

Glad I was advised by a family friend to be careful about this place...
Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 8, 2019
Got to this interview and it really seemed like a pyramid scheme in every sense of the term. They said we'd be working 55 hours per week for about $400 per week... That's about $7 per hour for all that work.

A family friend of mine told me to be wary of this place once he saw that their website didn't have any last names for the employees. I'm glad I went into this cautiously.
Compliance Auditor
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 3, 2019
Reviewing records in order to verify that an organization has performed everything in compliance...
Giving recommendations to management of businesses found to be non-compliant.
Scheduling future audits in order to monitor the progress of non-compliant businesses.
Pros
nice company
Cons
more money is needed
The job post is extremely misleading
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 29, 2019
It's kind of like a pyramid scheme in job form. Everything is 100% commission. They fail to tell you that until you interview. Canvasing daily as well so make sure you buy walking shoes.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Commission only
Don't be fooled by the fake 5 star reviews
CEO/Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2019
This is a scam company that lies about what you'll really be doing. Customer service manager? Commission based sales.. all day every day.
Its all sales until you make them enough to move up in the pyramid scheme. They sure sound fancy don't they
Pros
You'll never fall for that trick again .
Cons
You fell for that dirty trick and quit your real job.
Perfect work/life balance
Condominium Agent (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 5, 2019
Believe in having fun while working hard. The travel industry doesn't pay as high as other industries but pays enough for the balance you have. Great place to work!
Cons
Could pay higher
Productive and Very Good Work Place
Member Services/Booking Agent (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 20, 2018
This company is like a family and i totally respect it. A good work environment that you can laugh and work at the same time. Management is great and the CEO, COO and VP are like Aunts and uncles that you have to make sure they are all doing well just as they would ask you.
Pros
Co-Workers and Executives
Fun Work Place
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLOctober 1, 2018
It was an amazing job but they closed down my department and I was devastated.
We had Christmas Parties and we would make breakfast for each other and lunches.
Global Connections
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at Global Connections selling in person Time Share Vacations. I also headed the 90 minute group presentation and then helps the sales reps close the prospects.
Was a great place to work
Business Development & Expansion (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 15, 2018
until the company downsized to fewer locations nationwide.
Mostly Accomplished all tasks and deadlines.
After working there for one month, I felt like I could easily move up.
Aversion to new technologies
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2018
Management is seemingly unwilling to advance technology and as a result is stuck maintaining ancient legacy code that seems to get buggier the more time moves on.
It's a great day at global
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here they have a great culture and really treat you like family. You learn a lot about the travel industry. The managers there are nice and they do a great job of trying to assist you.
Pros
Bonuses, incentives, parties or events, high morale
Cons
Not enough people to work evening shift
fun
growing company
pets
vacation
cust
Pros
free food
Cons
heatlhcare
It was a jib. It paid the bills
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 23, 2017
It is good for a part time person or some one who works two jobs. Been there for so long. Didn't make close to 9.00 an hour. The pay sucks but you work. And it can be stressful at time. Don't get the proper training. I was learning new things all the time and was told I should have known this. The manager does not like when people gossip or talk back.
Pros
No weekend
Cons
The pay. Training
Great part time job with flexible hours
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 6, 2017
Management was easy to work for with the flexibility of hours. Averaged 30-35 hours a week and gained experience with QuickBooks Desktop pro. Learned a lot about import merchandising too.
Pros
Great owner/manager.
Cons
Not full time.
Worst Call Center Ever
CSR (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 6, 2017
Never had been late for the two days that I worked there but if I had been late no
one will never know. Standing at the door twice waiting for the Customer Reps and Manager and everybody else to arrive at schedule time. Everyone well over 10 minutes late both days working there. at the Norcross, GA location.
Cons
Oh gosh where do I start. The carpet is dirty a nasty, bathroom stalls are the size to fit little bodies and I am a little body and it was a struggle. Was told the first day by manager that she do not micro management which was a lie. Took some type of personnel quiz that was created by staff just to get an idea if the person is a leader or follower and clearly I am a leader. This company in the CS dept is for people who never done customer service before. Everyone I talked to have had fast food type background, who never had experience in a call center before. This job is a joke-seriously. Don't be a pretty face going up in there, you will have a problem. Place is very dusty, tools and resources are outdated. Training for me was sitting in a room for 2 hours expecting to get all of that down and thrown on the phone the very next day. You get one 15 minute break and a one 30 minute break in a 8 hour period. Break room is so small only three people can fit into it at one time. The knowledge base in the call center setting is laughter. Saying all of this I am still being nice. Warning do not, I repeat do not apply for this job if you are career driven and have extensive call center experience.
Pros
Cons
Listed Up Under Above Review
Small company
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 30, 2017
This is a small company trying to expand business. Looking for expansion but the market is very competitive. The company need more customers or operations in more states.
Not cool
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 2, 2017
It is an okay company to work for. A lot of favoritism and most of the people that work there are family so good luck moving up in the company. Management changes things constantly without letting you know.
Sales Administration Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Provided a positive environment
This job taught me how to manage my time when traveling; I had too travel from the Bronx to Tarrytown NY.
It taught me how to be a team player and great ways to keep my coworkers motivated to make sales.
Good people to work for...
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 10, 2017
Hard working group of people. Management cares about employees. Always trying to provide a secure stable work environment, however, there were very long ours and many hard deadlines based upon my work load. I would recommend the company. The owner and his family are great. Second largest company of it's type in the United States.
Pros
great people, parties, employee appreciation week
Cons
Great company with great employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I love this company everyone gets along and treat each other with respect. I worked for this company in 2007 and in 2010. I received calls in regards to home phone service and setup new service for customers.