Global Consulting International Employee Reviews

Competent Company
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHAugust 17, 2018
The company was very good. The pay was good. This is a good job entry level-experience level workers. I’d refer any professional to apply with GCI. I hope that this company will hire me again.
Pros
Health Care, good pay
Small company trying
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2018
Small company trying to grow into the contracting world. Owner has issues with compliance and work culture. Is not concerned about anything but making money. Tries to deny every unemployment claim. high turn over.
Small Single Owner Business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2017
GCI is mainly a staffing company with the Federal Government as its primary customer with Healthcare and IT professionals being the main services provided.
Pros
Nice furniture
Cons
High turnover, low pay
Great people to work with
Support Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 8, 2016
My first job as a contractor working for GCI and it was a great experience. The people are great and fun to work with. I will work for them anytime.
Productrive and fun place to work
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR/QUALITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2015
Very good place to work, good work inviorment. Lots s.of fun parties for birthdays and holidays. Very flexable with work schedule.
Pros
flexability
Cons
Contract for DoD at military installation
OA/Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COOctober 9, 2014
Work was very busy. It was rewarding to work with the men and women in the armed forces.
Beware of working at WPAFB!
ED Paramedic (Former Employee) –  WPAFBJuly 12, 2014
Sure, working as a paramedic on an Air Force base sounds high-speed, low-drag, but it isn't!

First off, if you do take the job, don't plan on keeping it for any length of time. I was promised a 3 year contract, only to get the ax not even one full year later! The contractors before me got the axe after 7 months! Bottom line, the USAF is in financial turmoil, so have a back up plan.

You have no autonomy. You MUST call the base MD on every Pt you pick up and they will tell you what to do or not to do. You can make your recommendations, but ultimately it's the MD's call. And again, with the USAF being in financial turmoil, MDs are being pressured into bringing as many Pt's back to the base hospital as possible, even if it means another Tx to another more appropriate facility.

There is no oversight on the EMS side of the house. Sure, Pt care in the ED is your primary job, but no time or training is devoted to the EMS side... NONE whatsoever. Filthy (inside and out) ambulances, not properly stocked, EMS personnel not knowing how to get to where they're going (can't use GPS on base), staff not knowing SOPs, staff not knowing where anything is located at all inside the ambulance or the ED for that matter.

As a civilian, and especially as a contractor, you are an outsider. Sure, you'll be accepted as part of the team by fellow medics and techs, but as far as leadership is concerned, you are an untouchable. No chance for extra responsibilities, leadership roles no matter how knowledgeable you may be. They will NOT keep your certifications up, they will NOT provide for your
  more... medical needs pertaining to the job (vaccinations, TB test, etc.) you are on your own!

I don't know about this company, but the one I worked for was making health insurance MANDATORY. So if you're a young, healthy person that doesn't need health insurance, you need to get some. The company doesn't provide it for you since you're a contractor. So it's EXPENSIVE! and if you "opt out" of insurance, you automatically get signed up for whatever insurance company they decide to use, and once again, being a contractor position, it is EXPENSIVE!

The only good thing about the job was working with some goof people most of the techs, RNs, MDs were pretty good, just watch out for the ones in leadership roles.

If your contract does get the axe by USAF, they're not allowed to tell you. It's up to your contract company to tell you, so it could be days, weeks, months before you find out.

Always have a back up plan!
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Lab Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Co. Springs, COApril 17, 2014
I enjoy working and keeping busy completing the task at hand.
This is a contracting company for U. S. Army Post
Medical Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ft. Carson ColoradoNovember 22, 2011
I enjoy my work at Ft. Carson. Working with the Soldiers is great most days. So I work with the Soldiers, day to day at the soldier readiness center, not really with Global Consulting.