Global Experience Specialists Employee Reviews

Not good place to work
Exhibitor Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
Not a great place to work people think since they been there a little longer then you they can talk to your how ever they want and they ain’t even the manage. If you going to have someone be a buddy have them learn how to have patience and understanding. They don’t care what kinda issues you have outside of work that’s not there problem so they don’t care. They never listen to you when you have a problem they just want you to deal with it even though it’s not a good fit. Never work here, I wonder why people were coming and leaving because this place doesn’t care about their works
Pros
Donut Friday
Cons
People, management, short lunches
Fun and very interesting. Loved driving the machine and excelled at it very very well.
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Don't know why this company is even on here and its not on my resume as far as I know.

It's called G.E.S. Greyhound exhibition services.which sub contracted out to unions. I loved working with the people there.
Pros
Fun company to work for. Loved running the machine.
Cons
Full time pay but part time work.
Good Company of the Event and Exhibit Industry
Senior Manager of Utility Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Long days as a manager but I liked the work and learned a great deal. Good management and good culture. they allowed me to do my job and paid me accordingly.
My manager was very good at not micro managing and allowing employees to reach their potentials.
Hardest part of my job was meeting numbers and projections when you had union labor costs.
Most enjoyable was the people I worked with and managed. Great group of people.
Relaxed and fun to work at!
Help Desk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
Great team environment.

Great team organization.

Excellent for growth within.

Excellent HR and upper level management.

Excellent hands on and assistance when needed.
Pros
Team, people and envirenment
Cons
Compensation.
July 5, 2018

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you brought to the table while you were here. We wish you the absolute best in your next endeavor- keep doing great things!

No training or instruction was available
Senior Accountant/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2018
I don't know about the other groups at GES, buy mine was lead by someone who would not give me access to the former employee's files which meant for every report and reconciliation I was tasked to do, I had to "re-engineer" the entire process for the previous month to see if my theories "worked," and once they did, I could proceed to take on the current month's responsibilities. Not an efficient way to run a department. When I DID ask someone in another finance department for assistance on a journal entry, I was scolded for "bothering" the other department when in fact, I was trying to be proactive as the Manager's office door was constantly "closed."
Pros
Monthly Employee Recognition awards
Cons
No training or documents to assist with the tasks
July 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We believe we have a lot to offer someone looking to work and grow in a challenging and fast paced environment. As sometimes may be the case, when companies grow there may be a few bumps in the road along the way. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the environment in which you worked, as our goal is to make this a great place to work for everyone. I appreciate you sharing your concerns.

The work environment was welcoming
Show hand (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
This work is good when the season is busy you learn many different skills working here, show sites are very busy and you get to enjoy the experience of the full affect of your work when the exhibits are done
July 5, 2018

Thanks for the review! It’s great that it seems like you've found a great home at GES. We're always working to make things better based on feedback from the team. We'll keep working on making our company a place where everyone can feel comfortable and be successful. Thanks again for the feedback

Great Work Environment
Graphic Technician (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMay 23, 2018
I needed to get back into the graphic design field, and GES gave me a chance to do so. It is a great work environment the people there are very helpful and willing to help you learn more.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
May 29, 2018

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you bring to the table while you are here. Keep on doing great things!

Not the right place for most
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2018
Company is very compartmentalism minded, with very little team interaction. Everyone keeps to themselves and majority have no idea who or what each employee even does . Most Management and supervisors do not smile, nor interact with teams or departments . Too much redundant and overlapping procedures. Poor training with unrealistic expectations of its employees.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Unfriendly environment, does not appreciate personality, very mean girl type oriented. Not a good place for anyone with goals to advance quickly.
May 14, 2018

We believe we have a lot to offer someone looking to work and grow in a challenging and fast paced environment. As sometimes may be the case, when companies grow there may be a few bumps in the road along the way. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the environment in which you work. Our desire is to have every employee feel engaged and part of a dynamic and fun team. It is our goal for managers deliver on commitments to customers, employees, and the organization while creating a positive environment where employees will flourish and be successful. Thank you for your honest feedback!

Challenging
Convention & Tradeshow Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 9, 2018
The job was stressful but organized chaos due to the trade shows. Always something different and interesting. Met many many people from all over the world.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We too agree we have lots of great people here throughout the organization that have a passion for what they do! We believe we have a lot to offer someone looking to work and grow in a challenging and fast paced environment. Our goal is to make this a great place to work for everyone.

Great place-
EXHIBITOR SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
GES was a great place to work overall. Very interesting work and the hours were steady. The hardest part of the job was to learn quickly and apply all that you learned in training. However, you take calls from customers all over the US. All shows, conventions and special events are different and the rules don't apply to all customers. The pressure to resolve the needs of the customer is high. If you are not familiar with a different cities rules and regs, then it becomes frustrating when you want to help but do not know the information off hand.
Pros
The management are helpful.
Cons
Expected to know everything about tradeshows in a short time.
May 14, 2018

We foster an innovative, fast-paced and creative environment for those who like to think, create and work. From the first day when you start with the organization and complete your New Hire Orientation, you continue to learn more about the business and grow in your role. Our goal is to train our employees on how to anticipate problems and make them feel empowered to deal with difficult situations. As you continue to grow in your role, you will become more knowledgeable and confident. Keep learning and doing an amazing job! You are one of the reasons this company is a fun and great place to work.

Want to know more about Global Experience Specialists?

Ask a question
You felt part of a team!
Wind Technician I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
GES is a smaller company in wind, but they made you feel like you were part of a team and actually cared about you as a person.

What they lacked in size they made up for in their culture.
March 12, 2018

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you bring to the table while you are here. We wish you the absolute best and keep on doing great things!

Big Corporate
AE - Corporate Event & Program Accounts (Former Employee) –  AE - Corporate Event & Program AccountsFebruary 7, 2018
We were an extremely advanced sales team. We worked on very complicated and high profile trade shows and events. There was a large change in upper management which changed the game for many of us.
Pros
Vast resources
Cons
very top heavy and corporate
July 5, 2018

GES creates a fun and nurturing environment in which to work. We are very fast paced and have a lot going on. We do our best to ensure are processes are efficient and everyone has the tools they need to do their job well. We are always open to hearing from our team ways to continue to improve our processes. As we grow, there will be changes along the way. We appreciate your feedback on how those changes are coming.

Working for GES
Exhibition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2018
I had fun time most times. Working on site was better than the office. When we were not busy they would pack us up and ship us to another city about a weeks notice at times.

A work week of 50 hours or more were not uncommon. You needed to be in good shape you were on your feet for over 10 hours. lunch was broken up depending on how busy you were. You also had to deal with the teamsters and clients at once and discuss the bill which could be stressful.

I would have 200 booths by myself to tend to. You got paid time and half after 40 hours. High season of convention shows I remember not having a day off for sixty days straight. Not kidding
So if you have family you should think about it.

You received six week training very detailed and you are tested and graded and you advance to the show floor.
Pros
Given items on floor, Cool people
Cons
On your feet, a lot of walking, delay breaks
March 12, 2018

We foster an innovative, fast-paced and creative environment for those who like to think, create and work. From the first day when you start with the organization and complete your New Hire Orientation, you continue to learn more about the business and grow in your role. When it comes to work/life balance, we thank you for your feedback. As an organization, we are committed to helping employees face the demands of juggling work, family and life-related issues by offering a number of possible flexible work schedules. These arrangements provide employees with increased flexibility with their work schedule while allowing the organization to maintain a progressive and productive work environment.

Productive and fun place to work at
SENIOR OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 14, 2018
GES is a great company to work for. The culture is good and there is a good balance between work and home life. Although you may travel from city to city there is always the idea of working as one team atmosphere.
March 12, 2018

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience working with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you bring to the table while you are here. We wish you the absolute best and keep on doing great things!

Roller Coaster
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Very busy when busy, which is great, but when it's quiet, it's too quiet. I feel guilty sitting at work all day with nothing to do. What's more, I'm just plain bored.
Pros
Very Flexible Hours
Cons
Boredom.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for this excellent review and for your continued work here at GES. Our people team works tirelessly to make sure everyone has the best experience here and I’m glad that’s ringing true for you. Keep up the good work and don’t be shy about feedback. Our focus has been to invest in people development and we'll continue this going forward. Work with your manager and see what training is out there that you can take in your "downtime" to assist with your professional goals.

Salesforce.com Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
I worked here for almost 20 years. Plenty of room for advancement and growth. Willing to help you grow. Family oriented. Good benefits. Great people to work with. Would definitely recommend this company to others.
March 12, 2018

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you brought to the table while you were here. We wish you the absolute best and keep on doing great things!

Going Downhill
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
I was underpaid, and overworked. My work was taken from me by my bosses and passed off as their own. I was concerned about my security within the company after the first week and even more concerned the next. People were constantly being rotated in and out of the office. I was laid off because the company is unsure of the direction they want to take. I was told that I was being let go that same day. On my way out of the office I stopped to talk to my acquaintances in other departments and they told me stories of how its common for the company to let people go without warning. They had even once called a woman while she was on vacation to let her go. Just something to be wary of.
Monthly Close Cycle
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
I was able to work independently during the monthly close cycle once I had proven my knowledge and skill level. Dynimic atmosphere as many changes take place daily.
Pros
Freindly Co-Workers
Cons
A bit of micro managing
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2017
I think this is ridiculous that i am required to write this much about a temporary job that i had just to complete this optional review of my previous employer
Poor Company to Work For
Custom Carpentry General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
Very high productivity demands with little to no recognition and rewards. Departments do not work together to maximize productivity and quality. Management is unorganized and does not communicate effectively.
Pros
Union membership for skilled trade workers and salary
Cons
high stress, zero work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Experience Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.