Global Furniture Group Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 8, 2018
The co workers were very nice and helpful as well as the leads. The work was manageable, but you do not receive adequate training. Management does not have an open door policy and speaks down to you when you ask them questions or try to go in with any issues. The company also does not care about the safety of their employees. They do not allow you to leave early during bad weather. They would rather you use PTO to leave instead of having any concern about your safety.
Pros
Co workers
Enjoyable Workplace
Showroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
I loved working with Global! Everyone was really enjoyable to work with. So helpful and attentive! There was never a time when I needed assistance and I didn't receive it.
Temporary Job
Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abshire, TexasDecember 12, 2017
Global Industries was a temporary job. They typical day consist on monitoring the clean up and restoration on cities affected by Hurricane Ike. We worked in teams, 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Temp job, long hours, no off days.
work
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 26, 2017
Was there temporarily but learned some computer skills.

Very involved with the operations really felt like a team player. Lot of responsibility really enjoyed that part of the wrok
Pros
steady work, not seasonal
Cons
exposed to the elements
Amazing Company
Senior IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 15, 2017
Working with Global was a great opportunity with little advancement and for my position i wasn't paid adequately. Great place to start a career with furniture but IT was limited
Pros
great company, understanding management
Cons
lack of growth, lack in salary
Great corporate working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2017
Fast paced corporate working environment. Specializing in office furniture, office filing solutions, healthcare furniture, reception seating and home offices.
Great place to work for recent graduates looking for experience in Office Furniture
Showroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2017
Not much room for advancement from the Showroom Coordinator position if you are not interested in eventually moving into Sales. Great place to learn product and design because you also specify projects.
too much drama
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 10, 2017
There was a lot of good things to say about the company overall. However, I did not care for the special treatment that certain people received. If you were not part of the "click", you were not treated equally.
The company had a good compensation package and good benefits.
the hours were good as well.
My role was a bit mundane day to day.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Micro managed
Making money
Underwater Construction Welder (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 25, 2017
A day offshore was interesting and great but you should not expect to have a family life out on the water. It is an amazing job but in order to make money you have to be offshore all the time
Pros
pay
Cons
life
Overall Experience
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  2928 US-30, Grand Island, NE 68801June 23, 2017
Overall Experience is good so far. Everyday I get to learn with things such as new concepts and ways of doing the same things differently. The work place is good, everyone in the office is friendly.
A great place to work. It will be missed.
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Global merged with Technip SA, so is no longer a going concern. It required a lot of work and was sometimes dysfunctional, but the employees were like family.
Family-Oriented Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 12, 2017
I've been working for Global just over a year and I'm so glad I made the switch. They really care about their employees and are trying their best to make this a great place to work. Given how long Global has been in business - there are definitely areas to improve/modernize that will take some time and they are making great strides. In the past, advancement opportunities were few and far between but they are doing a great job of making this available to employees as well. Really generous PTO policy, annual review process and good work/life balance.
Pros
Family-oriented management team, company discounts, Pto
Cons
Older company, sometimes tough to modernize/streamline processes
Great Company History
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2017
The company was founded by a holocaust survivor (Saul Feldman), a wonderful man who truly values and supports his employees. The Global products are mid market priced and of very high quality.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Competition in Market is substantial
Great company
AR/Corp-Accounting, Asst. VP/Controller (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAApril 18, 2017
Team players -

I worked for the controller -

Posting payments according to customers instructions -

Running statements

Collections - supplying customers with copies of outstanding invoices
I was a customer service representative, doing mostly order entry and receiving customer complaints. Very challenging.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 17, 2017
The day consisted of entering orders all day and helping the customer with the materials that were received. Either getting a replacement or having the item received.
Pros
occasional free lunch.
Cons
challenging
offshore company
recruiter posting jobs on company website (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAMarch 7, 2017
great supervisor, I was trained and learned a whole new aspect of HR department. However, the company moved its office to Houston, Texas and I was laid off.
No supevision
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg to state collegeMarch 5, 2017
Supervisor are clueless how hard we work and have no idea how dishonest some of the people are! We had to punch in our time cards in Catawissa,pa then come back to start our day in blomsburg,pa.
Was a great company to work at.
Sat Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAFebruary 22, 2017
Global was very family oriented. They did their best at keeping a good balance of work and life. They truly believed in family first. The 4 star rating I gave for this catigory is only because any job offshore has some family sacrifices to be made due to the nature of the business. I only left Global because of the Gulf oil field shut down after the BP oil spill while all of Global's diving was on hold for several months. I had to find work elswhere.
Pros
Loved the work.
Cons
Away from family while offshore.
Good place
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2016
it is a good place and nice environment. i have learned a lot and my manger was great. work time was pretty flexible, employees were good!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
My career growth at Global Industries was phenomenal compared to others in my peer group. Much of this was because of the exceptional folks that were above my position and their guidance. I would highly recommend Global Industries (Now Technip) to anyone young in their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Furniture Group. Our community is ready to answer.