Global Harvest Foods Employee Reviews

Good Work place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 14, 2018
My experience there is positive, A great place to work, with a great management team, and good benefits. Very supportive management and they gives you the chance to learn about pet food industry production process
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Reynolds, INMay 9, 2018
Management doesn’t know what they are doing. The whole place is a joke. The only thing going for them is the employees are good to work with. Wouldn’t wish anyone a job here
Pros
Cons
Maintence manager is a moron, managers make fun of you
Terrible place to work.. dont recommend it to anyone.
Grain cleaner (Former Employee) –  Roscoe sdMay 1, 2018
If you are lazy this is the place for you to work. All the one employee did is walk back and fourth from production to the main office and talk to the manager. Pay is terrible.. nothing good to say about this place.
Easy to get along with management.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, COApril 2, 2018
It was overall not a bad place to work. I was only an assistant so I wasn’t in a lot of the action or process of it all. People were easy to get along with.
Productive and hard working
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Allentown paMarch 27, 2018
I learned how to work in a fastpaced environment , also utilized communication skills to help the company to achieve a command goal customer satisfaction.
Left work every day dreading coming back.
Suet line monkey (Former Employee) –  Reynolds, INFebruary 23, 2018
Very stressful. Things were good when working 2nd shift. Great supervisor... Not so much on 3rds. Leader was not helpful. Most all Employees on 3rd were young and lazy. Suet line does not pay enough to keep me interested. They had someone train me that didn't speak English.
Pros
Paid health
Cons
Very few Caucasian
Big mess
Production lead (Former Employee) –  Reynolds IndianaFebruary 6, 2018
Stressful made me run my line understaffed machines constantly breaking down there is only one maintenance guy and they ran three shifts Non-Stop do not take care of their equipment no preventive maintenance on the machines when they break down operator has to tear down machine and repair it lots of downtime they know the whole process is bad and still come at you about productivity rates.
Pros
30 hours of vacation time after you complete 90 days
Cons
Machines constantly breaking down no production bad management
Small place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Reynolds, INJanuary 26, 2018
Not the best place, no up dates and machines . Most were old and broke down . Run machine till it brakes . Was made fun of by management , or poked at all the time .
Pros
Cons
Not safe to work, seen way too many close calls .
Not family oriented
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 23, 2017
After working for many years with no calling out and having a good attendance the last few months that I worked there my daughter got sick and because I call out 8 times. (different days and months not 8 days in a raw) they let me go. When there were other employees that had between 15 to 20 call outs and some have no call not show and they still working there. I feel that it was discrimination as all the employees are males and I am a female trying to take care of my baby and work. But no, they let me go.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Disorganize and not Family oriented
Fast paced enviroment. Lack of training was a problem.
Supervisor of 3 production lines (Current Employee) –  Akron ColoradoJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 5 am or 7 am depending on production needs. Beginning of the day is usually the most hectic.
I have learned many useful skills such as using an automated mixing system.
The management team is still in a learning phase.
Most of my co-workers were easy to work with.
Working 12 hour days and Saturdays was the hardest part.
Pros
Very good benifits
Productive all time
SIT FORCKLIFT (Former Employee) –  Kurreville, PAMarch 2, 2016
It was a person with my work quickly to be performed very discreet to mistakes, willingness, good work, buena relacion interpersonales,puntualidad,no ausencias,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healtcare, Sefty first
Working for Global Harvest Foods you have the opportunity to learn everyday.
Office, Grain, and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, COSeptember 8, 2013
At Global Harvest Foods we manufacture and ship out product. Every day we have production, shipping and receiving to deal with. Over the years that I have been a part of the GHFoods team I have learned many different areas of the company, from AP/AR, inventory, production scheduling, receiving, shipping, quality control, safety, HACCP, BRC, OSHA regulations and being compliant, purchasing, and HR to name a few. My co-workers are just as committed to their job as I am, this makes it easier to work toward common goals. The hardest part of my job is dealing with commodity prices and working toward getting the best prices so we can pass the savings on to our customers. The best part of my job is planning employee appreciation events.
Corporate image and attitude
JR Buyer (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 17, 2013
My position includes managing all packaging requirements as well as all the card board case requirements for 5 plant across the united states. I manage the vendors for 4 different types of packing construction, the floor stock programs, blanket POs and the continuing art and construction updates for the packaging as desired by the customer.
A day at global harvest foods
Production/Warehouse team member (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 26, 2012
worked 6 am to 4 pm 4 days a week 10 dollars an hour starting off great managers and employees very hard working environment. great job for those who love to push them selves and learn something new.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long tough days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Harvest Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5