Global Linking Solutions Employee Reviews

Good place
Office (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
Great place! I have been here a little over 9 years. I have never felt unappreciated. They have always been flexible with my schedule and understood that I have a child. Great place to learn and there is room for advancement. The CEO is friendly and approachable.
Pros
good hours, decent pay
Great place to work!
GLS (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits and the management is awesome You have the opportunity to be entered in for the "Global Linking Star". It is kind of similar to Employee of the month, but you win a gift card!
Pros
Insurance, 401K, breaks, Global Linking Star
Cons
I think that we should be allowed more PTO, even if it's unpaid! Family time is really important. :)
Fun place and is a good start for a career in technology
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
Small but growing company. Some departments hire with little to no experience. There seems to be lots of growth opportunity for those who are patient with the companies growth.
Laid bcak work environment
Security Operations Center Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2018
This has been a great company to start my career at, although there aren't many advancement opportunists, I love going to work every day. It has been a great stepping stone, and I have learned a lot in the networking and IT security fields.
Pros
Laid back, easy to get along with supervisors, great benifits
Cons
Sometimes the work load can seem overwhelming
Entry level
Network Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2018
At the time of employment, there was no official training, however, the job was an initial step into telecommunications for those that were switching careers or had limited initial knowledge in I.T. networks involving LAN/WAN. Drastically below the median payscale to match.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Poor compensation, no training, promotions.
Stepping stone
Network Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273June 27, 2018
The job is a stepping stone and they know it. There isn't a real opportunity for advancement and they don't care to make things better. Casual atmosphere
Only for experience
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
Good job to get network experience but not to build a career at. Do not work here for more than two years. Get your experience and then keep on moving forward in the IT world.
Most of the people are friendly
Service Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273May 31, 2018
I recommend not to work in the Service Management Department. If the the Service Managers don’t like you they will try to find a way to get rid of you. Training is not properly done. Each Service Manager wants things done differently. If you voice your opinion on anything get ready to be put out. If they redid the Service Management Department GLS would be a better place to work.
Cons
Service Management Team
Decent entry
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2018
This is an okay place to start to get experiencing, but once you have enough experience I suggest leaving asap. The NOC is a dead end, and the management is a joke.
Too much stress and workload for the money paid
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2018
Despite several requests to acquire additional help for a rapidly growing workload, none was ever provided forcing me to work enough for 3 people for under $30,000 per year.
Pros
Free Friday lunch, great co-workers
Cons
Underpaid, high workloads, high stress and long hours
Good foot in the door type of IT/Networking Job
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2018
You learn a lot if you're in the right group. Management is full of suck-ups but some are okay. If you want to advance you'll have to be buddy buddy with the upper management. It's a good field to work in and a good experience. Prepares you and toughens you up for the work force. Pay is not so great and tough to get days off as most coworkers will be no-shows or you'll have to cover for them.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
lacks advancement and benefits and good management
Its a good entry level I.T. Job
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2018
GLS is a great place to get in the I.T. Field and learn about basic Network Operations . You can move on to other parts of the field such as engineering or network security as well
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Nice place to start your IT career.
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2018
Working at GLS has introduce me to many networking equipment like Cisco equipment; Juniper equipment; Riverbed; Silverpeaks; and Fortigate. I learn many things about troubleshooting the equipment listed above. The workplace culture is very friendly and the managers there is always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was always the beginning of the hour. Most of the phone call in the day comes in at the first hour, so it can overwhelming at first. After the hour, the phone calls will lessen throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding a ticket that is not a carrier related issue. It is more enjoyable because you will be able to do more investigation on your end and it will always turn into valuable experience in the end.
Pros
Will be able to learn a lot and have more experience on many different networking equipment.
Cons
Short breaks
Lack of advancement and opportunity
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Lacked career advancement and training. Did not offer any job security no matter how well you performed. No raises no matter how well you performed. Management over all was lacking, few good managers were there.
Good start IT for experience in the field
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2018
Opportunity to gain experience in the field with a relaxed atmosphere, learning by own experience troubleshooting directly with end user, contractors, tech dispatch, provider and all the teams involve in the process of resolution for different kinds of incidents. Young friendly workplace culture. Probably the hardest part of the job will be the time waiting on resolution and the customer stress due to this waiting time. The most enjoyable part of the job will probably be the resolution time and the lesson learn of the case.
Pros
auto learning time
Cons
salary
Bad management
Security (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2017
Run Away!! Management is awful, more about bottom line, not good at helping you advance your career. Not a good place if you value your skills or time, pretty much a soul crushing paycheck.
Expand your knowledge and experience
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2017
I have worked at GLS for several years. This Company is a great place to work for when needing experience in the career field that you are wanting to get your hands in. You have the opportunity to grow and move through the Company to expand your knowledge and experience. I have moved from being a Broadband tech for 1 month to being promoted to working a high profile account to working in the SOC. I find working in the SOC to be enjoyable and not a dull moment goes by as I am always being challenged with new tasks.

Management is flexible when it comes to family business and employees wanting to attend college. I was a full-time employee and full-time student when I started working at GLS. They were flexible with me when going to college and would work with me. Management also recognizes employees that work hard and do their job through advancement/raises.
Pros
relaxed dress environment, management is understanding
Cons
smoke area needs to be away from the building
Great Entry Level Into IT
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
For starters they take little to no experience and train you in various technologies. If your willing to learn and show a positive mind set you will advance quickly. Pay is competitive since they require no experience.
Pros
Management is Great, atmosphere is incredible.
Cons
been here a few months and don't see any cons as of now
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
job is good for entry level for people that in school and need experience. I like hos they give people the opportunity to as a student and how they work with your schedule to make sure that you fit youe job schedule with your school.
Great place to learn and grow
NOC Technician- Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
This is a Fantastic company to get your foot in door with!!!!! They take people with NO relative IT/Networking experience and get them the basic knowledge of trouble shooting broadband networks at the physical layer and then expand on how fast you learn the technologies the customers are utilizing. Excellent place to learn and grow!