Global Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Interesting opportunities and advancement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 4, 2019
GLS has so far been a great opportunity for me. I've found the management team I report to to be very focused on finding solutions to any and all concerns or issues big or small. The nature of our work is also extremely interesting as a car and automotive industry enthusiast.
Poor company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 11, 2019
Be aware This company is extremely racist. Lacks concern of others. You put in labor and work hard and never get acknowledged. Your job can be cut at anytime and you will find out it was just about "shift change"
Quick days
Retrofit Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 19, 2019
Management is good for the most part. Days go by quick. Fast paced environment. Flexible schedule. The hardest part of the job is pacing yourself through the whole day to stay up with 8 hours per day. I recieved 1 raise after getting 3 certifications.
Pros
Company Sponsored Parties and Lunches
Cons
Wage gap between co workers.
More managers thanneeded for number of people
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clawson, MIJune 19, 2018
Over managed as had 7/8 for 45 people. Only 2 managers were doing what was needed to make work place successful. No appreciation for the prep people or porters who do all of the thankless work. CEO clueless on his workforce.
Pros
New cars trucks to see.
Cons
low pay, always watches and written up for negative things
Never stressed about coming to work.
PARTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2018
I'm usually on my feet for the majority of the day and that makes time move fast. I've been able to watch a company develop from the ground, up. All of my managers are flexible and appreciative. My coworkers are some of the best I've ever had. The hardest part is that there is a lack of process's and procedure but that is also the best part because I get to help develop them as we grow.
Pros
BBQ in the summer.
Cons
Lack of overtime
relaxed with great colleagues
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2018
walk in and have a team meeting, chat with coworkers and plan for daily goals ahead. have coffee through out the day, eventually take a lunch. afterwards push through the day until goal or goals are reached.
Gls
Vehicle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 24, 2017
Good place to work. The company seems to care about their employees. They provide a host of health and wellness classes via online and in person. They also provide free employee lunches on a regular basis, as way for employees to connect and get to know each other.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
low pay
Bad place to work for management is horribe
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 9, 2017
Dont waste the time. Wasted 5 years of my life at this place. Management have no idea what they are doing. Use to be a great place now its terrible. It can trick you at first if you car enthusiast but trust me a big waste of time. The people that work there are great, the best I have worked with. The district manager believes that the best way to get people to work is when they hate each other. So he tries to turn everyone against each other to have a more competitor environment. Also they will sell you a dream when you start about travel and raises. Im about 6 months you will fine no raise and very little travel if any. I have watch countless people be lied to at this place. I could right a book on all the things wrong with this place, after all i have 5 years of experience. I will just leave you with this do not waste your time they only see you as a number and they do not care what happens to you.
Productive Environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJApril 5, 2017
I learned how a lot of routes in New Jersey, Pennsylvannia, and all five boroughs of New York City. I learned how to unload and load skids using a pallet jack and lift gate.