Global LT Employee Reviews

Very nice company to work for, good pay.
Contracted ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 2, 2018
My first experience with Global, over a year ago, was teaching a Mexican family of four (mother and three children, 8,11 and 15) basic to advanced English The father was employed by a substantial firm which provides for English instruction to recent immigrant families .
Depending on their level, I met with each student 3 to 4 hours a week, in their home, after their school day. This continued for some 12 months. The students made outstanding progress, especially the youngest one, who garnered a "most improved" award at his school.. I understand that the father has recently applied for more English lessons for his family. They and I hope that I will be the instructor again. We became good friends, celebrating holidays and birthdays together. We even had a swimming pool party at my house.
The above continued for some 12 months. Then I was offered another position in/near Las Vegas. This is teaching/polishing the English of a recently-immigrated Serbian lady whose English is already good. Her husband, whose English is even better, occasionally participates in this "class." I teach the lady six hours a week, 2 hours, M,W,F.. We have completed a very advanced grammar text and are now working through a novel written for young people.
I have received excellent support from Global, despite having met none of them or their other employees face to face. We communicate regularly by email. I submit monthly attendance and progress records. Company employees assisted with their new on-line attendance/payroll program.
Although I am a long-time ESL
  more... teacher/professor, this was my first venture into this type of instruction. I have enjoyed it thoroughly, and we have all become friends.
The only "difficult" part of the job was the driving distance to their locations, exacerbated by Las Vegas rush hour traffic.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
Uncertainty about next contract
It was wonderful for many years
LANGUAGE TRAINING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 23, 2018
Since the owner passed away, the company was sold to some investors, who did not care for his employees. More work less money. No training at all. You need to learn your self.
Pros
Free schedule as long you your hours
Cons
Poor managment
Great Money Making Opportunities
Trainer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Once you get in with the company, your money making capabilities can be a great or little as you'd like, depending on the amount of classes you want to teach. However, you are contracted so no benefits.
Stressful
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 17, 2018
no work life balance, no one really cared how you felt. always took work home.not a place i would go back to. Constant nagging on always in a rush to finish to work on others work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Company as a whole
Contact Instructor
ESL Instructor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 18, 2018
It is a good company to work with if this isn't your full time work. The management changes constantly without notifying instructors and I don't know who to contact when problems arise or I have questions.
Great company!
ESL Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2018
Very fair compensation - They assign expatriate students and provide guidance with materials and lesson planning. Always submit monthly paychecks on time.
Poor Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 4, 2018
Overall, Global LT is a company fit for those looking to gain some entry-level experience. Upper management is incredible unskilled and under qualified. The compensation is well below industry standards.
An excellent company for professionals who care
English Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 22, 2018
All teachers work as off-site contractors. The Global-LT Coordinators are both pleasant and professional. Their clients are top-notch! It surely is a delight to work with Global-LT.
Pros
Friendly staff
flexible
ESL Elementary Tutor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 30, 2018
flexible hours. hourly pay. work directly with clients at the location of their choice. can be hit or miss with the opportunities available for a potential employee.
Fun cultural environment
Translation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2018
Great job culture -we are a group of many nations in one place. Finally, there is a slow openness to hear other's employees vision to lead Global LT's goals; however, little opportunity for career advancement. Risk of lower their quality in translation services to accommodate high competitiveness, but cheap and of lower quality.
Pros
Some days can work remotely, good healthcare package, great team work.
Cons
No incentives for career advancement, salary is lower than the average
My experience was positive.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 20, 2017
During the summer I tutored a Mexican family, mother, and 2 daughters. The experience was wonderful. I knew this position was part-time and temporary.
language learning company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 16, 2017
Much has changed since I have worked for global lt, accept for the feedback I receive from former associates. Overall dissatisfactory work environment.
Unreliable hours/Non salaried/Great for supplemental income
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
My first assignment with Global LT was a flop. I waited a few months for the second assignment. It is going better. Gas is your own responsibility but other expenses are taken care of.
Pros
Flexible, do-it-yourself schedule
Cons
The hours are not reliable
This company demostrates efficiency.
Language instructor (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 17, 2017
I work for Global LT as a part time employee, thus I choose my working hours which is very convenient. This company has taught me that to be efficient is one of the most important traits of a great company. Global LT administration is as efficient as its employees. Workplace culture is as simple as "do your job and we are with you!". The hardest part of the job is to have classes canceled few hours prior to the time previously set. I really enjoy working at this company since you get to meet new people all the time, you get to know different cultures etc.
Instructor/tutor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 1, 2017
The company is one of the most well-organized and efficient-run companies in the U.S. All managers and staff are courteous and knowledgeable in every respect. And, I am so pleased to be associated with the Global Lt.
Kalite
Türkçe Öğretmeni (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2016
Şirketimle 3. ayım ve herhangi bir Türk şirketinde göremeyeceğiniz konfora ve özgürlüklere sahibim....
Pros
yeni fikirlere karşı duyulan saygı
Cons
umarım yükselebiliirm...
Great hourly rate, but limited hours. I'm currently working as an Independent Contractor
Private Contractor Private ESL Instructors (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI 48083April 4, 2016
During the application process they say there are always opportunities for growth on their website, which there are, however they fail to follow through with the application process or keeping applicants posted with info or returning phone calls.
Pros
great pay, and great clientel
Cons
Limited instructor support, no career development opportunities
Brazilian-Portuguese Private Tutor
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Great company to work for as they give the tutor the freedom of choice of the pedagogy you will use with your students.
They also give all the support if you need any additional material to teach.
They are very involved with the progress of the student making sure they are using the lessons effectively.
Overall great job
Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Good job in general. One of the problems is driving from class to class all around the county. It would be nice to have an office where the students could come. Also, there are no benefits.
Pros
Own boss and own class schedules
Cons
no benefits, far drives
Friendly
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 23, 2015
I found everyone to be friendly. The job was routine and I wanted more of a variety. The management was friendly and corrective in a non threating way. I liked my time there.