Global Office Solutions Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Awesome place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 27, 2015
I worked at Global for just under 5 years and loved it every day. Excellent health benefits, 401k, competitive pay, and advancement opportunities. Amazing co-workers, management team, and customers. During my time with Global I worked my way up the ladder from Customer Satisfaction Specialist, Senior CSS, Custom Printing & Marketing Inside Sales, and finally Account Manager (outside/inside sales). Global has an excellent management team that is committed to its employees and customers. Management is open to employees ideas and suggestions to better the company. This is not a big box company with cookie cutter procedures and processes that limit your ability to provide your customers what they need. Thinking outside of the box is part of everyday life at Global. If you believe that hard work will bring rewards this is the place for you.
Pros
Everything!
Great Entry Level Company no opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 1, 2014
I enjoy the work and life balance at this company. There is a lack of professionalism and communication across the company. Typical days would be busy since there is no identifiable departments within the company. The management team is lacking accountability and is in desperate need of structure. The hardest part of the job is communicating to the right people at the right time without launching a communications battle within the company. I enjoyed the co-workers and the work-family environment.
Cons
no healthcare coverage, or bonuses
Small Company, large turnover
Vertical Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 6, 2014
I was an independent sales person, the only one working in the education market, which is handled differently than most sales of office supplies.
I came into the company with the K-12 knowledge so I did help them tremendously.
My manager was the owner of the company. He was a great sales person but not really a great manager. He was always nice to me, but I didn't care for the way he treated other employees.
The other co-workers worked hard and were very reliable to help out. The most difficult part of my job was that most of the business I brought in was based on bids that we would apply to. If we didn't win the bid, we would more than likely not get much business from that district of schools. Of course when we were awarded the bid, our business grew expedentially.
I loved working with the schools and all my vendors. It was a fun job.
Pros
outside sales
Cons
my growth potential was limited because the owners decided on which bids we would do.
Small but Powerful
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 14, 2014
I like the independent business aspect. Supporting a local business and helping it grow. I spend majority of my time acquiring new customers through cold call, and managing my existing book of business.

Hardest park is relying on consistency on what is said and what is actually done by management. There seems to be many little mistakes throughout the day-to-day operation which can prove frustrating when they all add up.

Most enjoyable part is maintaining relationships with current customers and seeing their satisfaction with my performance and the companies performance.
Pros
Close to home, good people working there, family type environment
Cons
Sometimes miss-communication, lack of attention to detail. Can be high-pressured by management at points.
Demanding but Rewarding Experience
Full Time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 13, 2014
Many opportunities to continually enhance job skills and responsibilities. Great co-workers who add fun to the high demands of the job.