Global Partners

Global Partners Employee Reviews

United States112 reviews
A great job for the area if you are inclined to work in an industrial facility.
The setting is in the country and by the river, so it has an open air country feel to the surroundings.
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Working for global is a waste of time. As a shift lead I was underpaid and doing the job of an assistant manager without the title or pay. Managers drag their feet and often dont feel the need to help with anything which created a ridiculous turn over rate. They will do anything to cover up their mistakes so they are not fired which included making sure everyone was hush hush about things or your job was at risk. Raises are so low and everyone would receive the same thing regardless of your work load or effort. The only thing I liked about the job was some of the regular customers and a few of my coworkers. So if you want low pay, too much work, terrible managers, and little to no raises this is the job for you!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
-Management -No breaks or lunch -Low pay - High turn over rate
The work environment was not bad at all, everyone got along with one another, shifts went smooth and steady. Numbers were always right and done before leaving
I was there for a temporary position covering an employee that was out on medical leave. I enjoyed the work and the people. It is a very large company.
I suggest you don’t work for this company. They don’t treat their employees very well unless you’re up in the higher manager position (District manager, territorial manager, regional manager). Higher ups make fake promises about your pay. They offer a certain amount of pay but then once they hire you, they low ball you lower then what you said you would take. The company favorites certain employees. If you’re a manager you most likely be covering two stores and only be getting compensated for one, While higher ups take credit for the work that you’re doing. If you’re an assistant manager and you don’t have a manager at your site, then be prepared act like the manager but not get Manager pay.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Wasting your time, fake promises, bad pay, unreliable Territory managers district managers and regional managers
Management in my territory is very poor. The territory manager being the cause of a lot of that. And she has a friend thats a high up in corporate so no amount of complaints filed against her changes anything. They are non-compliant with Rhode Island PTO laws. Ive been here 6 years and they are going to have to give me a raise to bring me to minimum when it goes up. Terrible company.
Great learning experience that allowed the intern to see multiple different parts of the company. I learned about the different parts of the company as well as how to interact with third party vendors.
Pros
Lunch and learns, exposure to real projects.
Cons
Lack of work
The problems with this company start at the top and work their way down.
Managers are ill-equipped and uninterested in developing employees or providing room for growth. Don't expect to advance your career here, this is a dead end job. Bonuses and raises are annual and very minimal, regardless of performance. This company has a business-first culture evident by how openly they mistreat support departments such as IT, HR, and accounting.
Working in big companies like global is really wonderful, because the higher the size of a company is the more challenging will probably be. Challenge gives a wide room to learn.
The location I was employed at fails to keep help. They cycle through employees like crazy. It makes balancing personal and work life difficult. They are constantly understaffed and us employees are overworked. Management changes like crazy as well. Once a manager leaves, the responsibility falls on the assistant manager. Mind you, they are not quick to find help and they are far from respectful to their employees. Management is two faced and work life is full of drama. Which, the manager fails to address. It is hard to be happy here as it is very obvious that you are just a number to this company. Stores are barely kept up and not well stocked. By far one of the worst companies I've worked for.
Given very encouraging opportunities to implement ideas and evaluate the scope of project before development. Work life balance is good. Very career oriented
without a shadow of a doubt the worst company I've ever worked for. You a no more than a number and they will drop you like a rock without any notice if you inconvenience them at all.
Started off GREAT. Decent enough pay. The company itself seemed wonderful from what I saw. Then I got to know the store itself. Feelings were prioritized over action. I would love to go back, just never to that store or under that TM.
Pros
Faith in humanity
Cons
Bad liars
Nice place to work, kind coworkers and covienent work location, hours are flexible to fit in to work schedule. all in all a great company to work for with locations in several US States.
The manager at the location I was employed at has zero understanding of work/life balance. she expects you to never make a mistake, to allow her to work you into the ground without complaint, and to be a literal machine with no feelings or thoughts. She will scream, throw things, and manipulate her employees and in the sake of saving hours she will round down to avoid OT.

The company itself only cares about its money and not its people.

No matter how desperate for work you are avoid this place
Sites are consistently understaffed. Sites are poorly maintained, and in constant disrepair. Cashiers are expected to maintain a litany of requirements while not even earning a living wage. Most sites have minimal full time "seats" so as not to offer insurance, so hourly employees often have to keep a second job to survive. There is no room for advancement, and positions are generally opened and interviewed for only in a cursory respect. There is already a candidate in mind, and you are never given a reason for being looked over. Preference is given to Global's core sites (Alliance) while all other acquisitions are largely ignored though higher performing. Management is not given any opportunity to use PTO, and also does not get paid out and is capped off on accumulation. Territory managers can be either extremely inattentive (my case) or looking for someone to blame. There is no cohesive team, or brand banner to fly under. Managers are salaried and consistently work 50+ hours a week including nights, holidays, weekends and overnights with no compensation. Raises and any bonuses are typically 4 months late or more.
This is the worst place to work!! Crazy D.M. Doesn’t have a clue about people. He would show up out of no where demand paperwork. He was just a puppet not knowing anything about retail sales.
Cons
was a friendly place to work, good pay and benefits, but the training was awful - I basically trained myself. offered some continuing education which was a plus.
Global Partners is a great place to work and the management is very supportive. The culture is focused on getting your work done and ensuring your customers are satisfied.
Being a store manager, I would STRONGY suggest continuing to look for a job elsewhere. Upper management has no clear vision of what they want, and they treat good, hard working site managers like idiots. The "Grand Opening Ready" policy is impossible to keep up with, POGs are created with product not available to order. Even if all your blood sweat and tears go into your store upper management ALWAYS finds something wrong. Then they continue to pile on the work. They should learn to appreciate their site managers instead of beating them down everyday.

Short-staffed and running on empty. The transition has not stopped. People interview and find better competitive wages elsewhere with less "requirements" on site. Cashiers are expected to ask about loyalty, upsell sale item of month, ID customers, all while being "fast enough" to keep the line moving. Most customers DO NOT want to be bothered with all of these "questions" that is why they choose to shop at a CONVENIENCE STORE, for the convenience.

I WOULD NEVER THINK OF MOVING UP WITHIN THE COMPANY, even if I kissed the right a** because I know how upper management treats the lower level store managers, like peons. Ie: Do more work, do "my" job, while the TMs get the credit.

I'm currently looking for another job with less stress and better DEMAND hours on the manager. 90+ hours a week while only required 45 is getting old!
The last few stores I worked for at global were honey farms. The management was pretty easy going at both stores, but only really cared about themselves.. I've met a lot of pretty cool people that I worked with. The pay isnt great and advancement is kind of a dead end you only get a dollar more as a shift lead or assistant. Global is corporate so its minimum wage and you definitely feel like your disposable.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6