Global Partners Employee Reviews

Ok Company. Nothing special.
management (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 20, 2018
Ok Company. Nothing special. Pay is average. Environment is getting better, but not a hip place to work by any means.

I would suggest management end the nepotism and "best friend" hiring practices and hire the best candidates for open roles.
Cashier
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 25, 2018
I currently work for Global and I must say that over all they are a great company, however it depends on title and location. They have history of selling stores and having to find employee's other locations to work at, moving up in the company is a chore, half the time you apply for a position and go through interview, secretly they already have someone for the job, and they wont even tell you. So I recommend that if applying for cashier, then you will do fine. Management, forget it!
Cons
unstable, selling stores
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MaAugust 18, 2018
This company at the hq level is one of the most toxic environments to work in. Employees are expected to work extra hours without compensation. Employees are not given the proper adequate tools to do their job. Management attitudes vary but for the most part they are not good leaders and don't communicate anything. Managers are quick to lay blame with their team than take responsibility for not training them properly. Be prepared to be written up for trumped up reasons. Seems a lot like Gulf corporate in that respect. If you are a woman expect to be harrassed and insulted, the practices range from subtle to blunt and those who make offenses are never reprimanded. The gossip wagon is always full. The cruel, rude and lewd behavior go on day in and day out. If you are a man chances are you will have a better experience. The only good thing about this company is....oh wait, never mind. Stay away. Sooner or later a lawsuit will happen that will make the news and maybe then they may take policies and procedures more seriously. Until then the company will still bleed money hiring inept management and lose decent quality employees.
Tough place to work
Territory Manager * Seacoast Area NH (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 27, 2018
Very unorganized. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. There is no long term plan that makes sense, bonuses are paid months late. (yes Months late) Employees are poorly paid.
Awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 5, 2018
Since I started working last year, my store has already gone through four managers and I’m sick of it. The store managers will leave and then the responsibility is left up to the assistant manager, if there even is one at the time. Then eventually the assistants leave and my store is left with 6 cashiers and the territory manager being the first on call.

I love my store only because my regular customers are what make it easy wanting to come do my job.
Other than that, I am totally disrespected by the other employees and management.

And when you work 5-11pm, no one tells you anything so you’re left being clueless when a customer comes in asking about this and that or worse, when your regulars come in and start spewing you drama said from other employees. What a great way to feel uncomfortable during the rest of your shift.
Pros
My regular customers
Cons
All the above
Worst place ever
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYJune 10, 2018
When my manager was working me 7 days a week and fixing my time so she wouldnt have overtime the corp did NOTHING about it. This particular manager is very corrupt and doesnt even put in her required hours for salary.
Pros
Coffee, thats it
Cons
Always somerhing going on because of poor managment.
Penny Pinching
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 7, 2018
More interested in saving a penny today than making a dollar this week. Understaffed to the extreme. Cheap out on equipment so it breaks on a monthly basis. Massive corporate structure that won't take responsibility for anything.
Cons
No lunch breaks.
Comfortable Place to Work
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 6, 2018
You will like it here. Good people who like their jobs. Managers are not overbearing. Manageable work schedule. Good Benefits and extras along the way to help team building.
very poor company to manage for.
Convenience store Manager (Former Employee) –  65 Calef Highway Epping NH 03042May 28, 2018
Global is growing company that continues to purchase convenience store chains. with no structure or no how. Many employees are treated unfairly. pay is poor. if you were part of a purchase, if you come in new they will pay more for management. People with no experience were offered up $30.000 more a year than current management purchased. Also promises made to new acquires never happened. several offers reneged. I was with XtraMart 8 years before the purchase.Global got to big for them to control. Office has no clue about whats happening at store level. HR is not for the employees.
Pros
Cons
the company it self
Not great pay but really simple
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 16, 2018
I am essentially a cashier at this store and all I really do is just ring up customers for whatever they need whether it be gas or convenience store products. When I'm not ringing up customers I am cleaning, maintaining the store as well as stocking and front-facing products.
Pros
Really easy
Cons
Not great pay (Minimum Wage)
Company Sucks
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandMay 7, 2018
They pay you a lot to keep you happy and quiet. Never work for this company. HR is terrible. No one has any ideas what they are doing. TERRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT!!!!
Horrible Cheap Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 3, 2018
They will hire new people at higher rates than you and deny it. There is no organization or discipline because no one wants to work there so they keep almost anyone because they need help. If you do a good job they will underpay you as well.
Pros
Paycheck shows up
Cons
Horrible pay, lying managers all throughout the company, no respect, no organization
Great people to work with. Great benefits.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 21, 2018
Family owned business when I started working there, but became public after approx. 15 years into my work career there and everything changed. The company then decided to reorganize and a few years later, a group of us lost our jobs in 2008, along with so many others in the country. It is a shame they went public, it seemed to be the downfall for so many employees.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Reorganization. Loss of emplyees. Lost caring touch.
I tried making ti a better place to work
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAApril 12, 2018
I hate a thief and even if you take a candy bar to me that is stealing, Not clocking out when you should is stealing timer to me also. I play by the books and I find that most people try and take advantage where they work. Coming in late clocking out late to get more time.. I despise things like that,
Pros
Enjoy working with the public and like the hours
Cons
No breaks no lunch time and to work with someone who steals
Ulcer Inducing
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 12, 2018
Working here used to be ok. Now it’s s total nightmare. Constant scrutiny from a nasty manager who only speaks to the supervisors and team leads (who are equally miserable). The most poorly managed company. Witch hunts are the regular in my department. Human Resource “business partner” pals around with management so no one will have your back when you are the hunted. RUN!
Pros
They feed you.
Cons
Cliques and mismanagement
Driven workers and employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 21, 2018
Everyone loves what they do here and invest a lot of time and effort into their work to make sure that it meets and exceeds expectations. Able to work from home because a good amount of work can be done on the computer.
A nightmare to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MaMarch 8, 2018
If you thinking about joining this company RUN!I have never worked for a company that Miscommunicates with their employees so much.All managers get the same rate if you’re high volume or low .They are so busy buying out other companies to fix the problems they have in their current store that are falling apart.They will suck the life out of you not giving you the tools to succeed.
Chain Gang Mentality
accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 28, 2018
I need to except out of this negative review the boss who hired me then left and a couple of my esteem colleagues.

The work environment is very abrasive if you do not fit into the cookie cutter mold they set out for you in terms of expectations and they will ride you until you at last give notice. I was initially happy and looking forward going into this position but all that changed too fast and I was out inside of eight months.
Pros
benefits but not salary
Cons
pretty much anyone on the upper management floor or vp and above
do not Promote from within / do not listen to workers in the field
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2018
This company use to be great until they brought in a VP from a Big box company and he put all his people in positions of power and held back the people who built the company. no future with this company .
Pros
salaries and benifits good
Cons
no advancement /no training or support
Don't waste your time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 16, 2018
If you like being overworked, and underpaid this place is for you. If you're a cashier none of the management cares about you. They call daily with new, redundant, tasks that you are forced to comply with, or you risk getting written up. You make minimum wage no matter how hard you work, and annual raises are less then $.25 an hour. Trying to move up in this company is basically impossible. They will tell you they want you to succeed, but it's not true at all. Basically, don't waste your time or your effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5