Global Partners Employee Reviews

Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MaAugust 18, 2018
This company at the hq level is one of the most toxic environments to work in. Employees are expected to work extra hours without compensation. Employees are not given the proper adequate tools to do their job. Management attitudes vary but for the most part they are not good leaders and don't communicate anything. Managers are quick to lay blame with their team than take responsibility for not training them properly. Be prepared to be written up for trumped up reasons. Seems a lot like Gulf corporate in that respect. If you are a woman expect to be harrassed and insulted, the practices range from subtle to blunt and those who make offenses are never reprimanded. The gossip wagon is always full. The cruel, rude and lewd behavior go on day in and day out. If you are a man chances are you will have a better experience. The only good thing about this company is....oh wait, never mind. Stay away. Sooner or later a lawsuit will happen that will make the news and maybe then they may take policies and procedures more seriously. Until then the company will still bleed money hiring inept management and lose decent quality employees.
Cons
Great people to work with. Great benefits.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 21, 2018
Family owned business when I started working there, but became public after approx. 15 years into my work career there and everything changed. The company then decided to reorganize and a few years later, a group of us lost our jobs in 2008, along with so many others in the country. It is a shame they went public, it seemed to be the downfall for so many employees.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Reorganization. Loss of emplyees. Lost caring touch.
Worst place ever
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYJune 10, 2018
When my manager was working me 7 days a week and fixing my time so she wouldnt have overtime the corp did NOTHING about it. This particular manager is very corrupt and doesnt even put in her required hours for salary.
Pros
Coffee, thats it
Cons
Always somerhing going on because of poor managment.
Chain Gang Mentality
accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 28, 2018
I need to except out of this negative review the boss who hired me then left and a couple of my esteem colleagues.

The work environment is very abrasive if you do not fit into the cookie cutter mold they set out for you in terms of expectations and they will ride you until you at last give notice. I was initially happy and looking forward going into this position but all that changed too fast and I was out inside of eight months.
Pros
benefits but not salary
Cons
pretty much anyone on the upper management floor or vp and above
Don't waste your time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 16, 2018
If you like being overworked, and underpaid this place is for you. If you're a cashier none of the management cares about you. They call daily with new, redundant, tasks that you are forced to comply with, or you risk getting written up. You make minimum wage no matter how hard you work, and annual raises are less then $.25 an hour. Trying to move up in this company is basically impossible. They will tell you they want you to succeed, but it's not true at all. Basically, don't waste your time or your effort.
Comfortable Place to Work
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 6, 2018
You will like it here. Good people who like their jobs. Managers are not overbearing. Manageable work schedule. Good Benefits and extras along the way to help team building.
very poor place to work
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 12, 2018
If you want to work for a company that constantly undervalues its employees, has off-the-charts mico-managing problems, has managers who continuously blame their own department members for mistakes, and a seriously horrendous turnover rate, then this is the job for you!

You are not allowed to have independent thinking and must follow all rules under threat of being written up to HR. As for HR, that department is pretty much useless, unless you are submitting your resignation. There is no stability with the workers at Global; at least two or three people quit each month, and the managers just rush in the next person only to fill the spot. If you desperately need a job and ONLY care about getting a paycheck, this is the place for you. Also, unless you cuddle up to management you will be treated like an inferior, belittled, and treated like scum for standing up for yourself and having an opinion different from your boss.

This is a very toxic work environment. RUN RUN RUN!
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
below-average pay, chaotic working environment, no training
do not Promote from within / do not listen to workers in the field
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2018
This company use to be great until they brought in a VP from a Big box company and he put all his people in positions of power and held back the people who built the company. no future with this company .
Pros
salaries and benifits good
Cons
no advancement /no training or support
Cashier
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 25, 2018
I currently work for Global and I must say that over all they are a great company, however it depends on title and location. They have history of selling stores and having to find employee's other locations to work at, moving up in the company is a chore, half the time you apply for a position and go through interview, secretly they already have someone for the job, and they wont even tell you. So I recommend that if applying for cashier, then you will do fine. Management, forget it!
Cons
unstable, selling stores
Awful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 5, 2018
Since I started working last year, my store has already gone through four managers and I’m sick of it. The store managers will leave and then the responsibility is left up to the assistant manager, if there even is one at the time. Then eventually the assistants leave and my store is left with 6 cashiers and the territory manager being the first on call.

I love my store only because my regular customers are what make it easy wanting to come do my job.
Other than that, I am totally disrespected by the other employees and management.

And when you work 5-11pm, no one tells you anything so you’re left being clueless when a customer comes in asking about this and that or worse, when your regulars come in and start spewing you drama said from other employees. What a great way to feel uncomfortable during the rest of your shift.
Pros
My regular customers
Cons
All the above
Ability to work on your own.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Global. I learned a lot in the short time I worked there. My decision to leave was solely due to returning to my previous career.
Pros
Globals shows their appreciation at all employees in many ways.
very poor company to manage for.
Convenience store Manager (Former Employee) –  65 Calef Highway Epping NH 03042May 28, 2018
Global is growing company that continues to purchase convenience store chains. with no structure or no how. Many employees are treated unfairly. pay is poor. if you were part of a purchase, if you come in new they will pay more for management. People with no experience were offered up $30.000 more a year than current management purchased. Also promises made to new acquires never happened. several offers reneged. I was with XtraMart 8 years before the purchase.Global got to big for them to control. Office has no clue about whats happening at store level. HR is not for the employees.
Pros
Cons
the company it self
WARNING do not work for this company!
store manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 15, 2017
Worst place i have ever worked. Raises and bonuses are NEVER on time yet if lower management makes any mistakes they are harshly punished.upper management cant be bothered to give raises on time. Managers are required to work ridiculous ours because of lack of staffing due to high turnover rate. It is impossible to discipline employees because h.r. is structured and staffed TERRIBLY. Multiple parts of the company send conflicting instructions to store managers. Upper management treats employes like dirt and then asks why dont we have any employes? Im begging you not to take this job for your own sanity. Skip this application.
Pros
free soda
Cons
everything
Ok Company. Nothing special.
management (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 20, 2018
Ok Company. Nothing special. Pay is average. Environment is getting better, but not a hip place to work by any means.

I would suggest management end the nepotism and "best friend" hiring practices and hire the best candidates for open roles.
steady work
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 17, 2018
Payment of each terminal is different, which dose not make for the best environment
Winters are busy and summers are slower. But its a 24/7 industry so you are expected to be on call.
Steady work but you have to work weekends
Pros
work
Cons
12 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday(mandatory)
Good Work Balance
JDA Administrator/HRIS Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Pros: Good Team Members, Great Location, Balanced work hours unless crunch time.
Cons: You never know what your typical day would look like. It could be a chaos or just another day.
Poor Upper Management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 14, 2016
The turnover within the company is absolutely insane, the upper management all comes from other companies with little to no experience in a C-Store environment. They have no clue how much work is requested of you daily yet constantly add more tasks with little to no training or consideration of your work/life balance. They never take a single consideration of any ideas you may have.

The bonus program is very poorly managed and takes 3-6 months to pay out after the quarterly close. Raises are very low and rigged to be so (2-3% at most). Starting compensation is low compared to competing businesses.
Pros
Employees are fun to work with, Matched 401k, very good PTO Plan, full line of benefits
Cons
Drastic increase of health premiums, poor wages/bonuses, poor communication with upper management
Clueless upper management with zero work to life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 12, 2017
After working for this company for 9 years I am happy my time with them is finally over. Upper management has no idea about the convenience retail world. They are stuck trying to turn it into a home depot/best buy. If you enjoy being stuck in an office doing redundant spreadsheets all day then this is the perfect career choice for you. They have a bonus program with a structure that they do not share with you, or the category breakdown of what you hit or missed on. They routinely pay out bonuses 4 to 7 months later. Your yearly review is always over analyzed to ensure your raise is 1 to 2%, and that too will be late 3 to 6 months. Whenever upper management comes to your store they will always talk down to you and your employees. If you turn down a store transfer you will be treated poorly and constantly visited to find something wrong with the store. This is not a good place to work and hasn't been for the past 3 years. Stay away from this place at all costs.
Pros
You are paid every 2 weeks, decent benefit package.
Cons
Everything else.
Awful company to work for!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 1, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply at this company. They get on your managers to do more tasks than there's enough time in the day to do. They never put your raises in and upper management could care less what your opinions are. The hiring process is beyond ridiculous for a convenience store. After you fill out about 50 pages of paperwork and the manager sends it through you're still uncertain when you'd be able to start. The upper management makes me sick and they have no respect for the employees actually working the stores.
Pros
Manager and co workers are very friendly
Cons
Upper management and pay
Fast paced, growing organization with many advancement opportunities
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 10, 2017
Exceptional employer. Very fast paced growth through M&A. Dynamic management team. Very strategic business plan. Employees are valued and provided opportunity of advancement.
Pros
Growth, Pace, Management, benefits
Cons
growing pains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5