Global Payments Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Java Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
I'm an intern at Global Payments. The management has been helpful and they want you to learn. The benefits are a nice plus. The work culture is diverse and laid back. They have events all of the time so there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Benefits, Laid back, Great work culture, Nice area.
Cons
On boarding process can be slow
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTJuly 16, 2018
This was a wonderful job. I miss it.
I don't have much to say beyond that, so I will fill with 4 score and 7 years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent....
Pros
Good pay, great folks
Cons
Lax attention to call avoidance
Very non-technical for a NOC
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
Here I was, a high level IP NOC engineer, with years of experience in networking protocols, troubleshooting, etc.

The job consisted of watching an alarm app, and opening conference calls.

The most technical thing required of me was to walk in the data center and power cycle a server. I was bored to tears.
Pros
Paid well.
Cons
Boring non-technical work
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 21, 2018
Management is pretty solid. The company is divided up into several smaller companies, so I suppose it depends on where you are at. The call center doesn't have a ton of room for advancement.
Management is everything
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
I felt that management was inconsistent and there was favoritism shown. I felt like I was under pressure to perform a certain way otherwise it would be reflected in my overall performance.
Productive company
Mailroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
Productive and fast pace company, fun to work and meet awesome ppl. Management tough but fair...Company where you can learn about bussines and people.
Its ok, pay is great tine off sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 17, 2018
If you want to work for a place that has paid time off but thats the only time off you get.. (no seriously you cant even ask off for dr. With a dr. Notes if you have no pto without getting a point) oh and you only have 6 points till your terminated. They are generous with pay and days off for pto. If you are expecting a child you only get 3 days... 3 DAYS of maternity leave.. so sucks if you have a c section.. lets hope you didnt waste your pto for morning sicknesses or dr appointments. They also took a month to hire as well. Also they have way to many programs to learn with, I counted 21 at least and wasnt done learning all of them.
Pros
Pay, benefits, schedule
Cons
Point system, time off, 21+ programs to know
Productive and fun place to work
Call Center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2018
I loved working here it was fun and the people were nice. Only hard thing I didn't like was the rude customers. Supervisors were ok. Pay increases were fair.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Working on Holidays
Work life balance
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2018
Work live balance is missing. Management communications is lacking when it exits at all. Due to lack of communication company strategy and direction is at times unclear to the regular employee.
Fast paced with no work balance
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 6, 2018
doesn't give time to grow and learn in the role. no work life balance. expectations are not attainable. Management not flexible in terms of working with you.
Decent Company to Work For
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2018
Your job will be mundane and boring and life will be very predictable in the office, but it's still a good job where management cares about you. I don't see any opportunities for upward advancement or growth and the pay is reasonable for what it is. Not a hard job at all, but also nothing glamorous.
Pros
Easy Work, Kind Staff, Kind Management, Predictable Routine
Cons
No Upward Advancement, Monotonous, Boring, No real Benefits
Bapm
Lead Business Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Good and decent company to work for...Nice people and environment with great culture. Takes care of the employees and provides good employee benefits.
Global Payments
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Global Payments was a great place to work at. But getting laid off unexpectedly can cause you to go into shock. But it is what it is. Co Workers were great, we all helped each other when a serious problem occurred.
Laid back enviroment
Senior Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 28, 2017
Worked there for 13 years and really enjoyed working with my team. They company could've done more as far as company picnics and raffle for turkeys during the holidays
Changes since I left
Network Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2017
My original Manager had a singular approach at that was top performing engineer and no one else. So, advancement would have been nil if you were striving to better yourself. He is gone! The new manager is nothing like him so "Yay".
Great leadership within the company.
Executive Assistant, EVP/CAO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Not a lot of opportunity to "move" within the organization if you are on the executive floor. However, some movement available in the other parts of the organization.

Great people and great company.
Great Place to Work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
Great atmosphere and a great place to work. Pay is also wonderful and just overall a great culture. Not your average call center and not just another number.
overall excellent place to work
Canadian Research Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117June 19, 2017
pleasant work environment
excellent management and coworkers
up and rising culture
enjoyable contact between departments
stressful and frequent changes
Very productive and great working atmosphere
Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2017
Working at Global Payments was one the of the best decisions that I made in my career. Being a wife and mother of three young children at the time the job allowed the flexibility of me choosing my lunch breaks etc. Communication from the top down has quite improved in the eight years since I've been there and the company has been focusing and stressing the importance of quality with its Power of the Conversation meetings. Team leads have been really engaged in ensuring that their co-workers day was easier and less stressful.
Co-workers are great. Awesome team support.
Pros
Customer Service Day, Free picnics, Baseball tickets, 3 hours flex time as rewards.
Cons
Short breaks
cool place
PC Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 20, 2017
great job with great people; room for movement and a lot to learn and exciting and entertaining. great work culture and the most enjoyable job i have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Payments. Our community is ready to answer.