Global Premier Soccer

Global Premier Soccer Employee Reviews

The work environment is energetic and always looking to advance. However, work life balance is often taken into account. You have to work there a long time before your salary reflects.
Gave me opportunities to expand my horizons and take on new challenges. Had flexible hours and the management encouraged me to strive harder. Gave many avenues for learning and advancement.
Hours in abundance; you will work an admin role during the day and then coach on evenings and weekends. You will share a car and house with multiple other staff members and will receive minimal compensation. There is very little opportunity for progression and unless you are "one of the boys", ZERO opportunity. The saving grace for GPS is that you will gain a magnitude of experience that you would not get working at another company.
you do not get one whole day off due to the fact that you usually are required to coach in the afternoons/nights each night which means poor work-life balance.
Enjoyed working for GPS. I coached two teams, was not a full time employee. It was great working with youth players and coaches that I shared interests with
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A company that is not for everyone in the coaching industry. Not much in the way of benefits. Long hours and the constant grind to increase the numbers of players in the program.
Great staff. I love the kids I coached. Everyone is dedicated to become the best they can be. I like working here. Everyone helps each other succeed within the organization.
The job itself is fulfilling, you learn a lot as a coach and pick up a lot of experience dealing with others, players, parents coaches, etc. However, as a company to work for, very poor. What they say you will be paid and what you are paid can be vastly different. I was told I would be coaching in one area and then ended up somewhere completely different. This entailed paying more for the flight over which I am still paying off. Sharing a house with six other coaches is not always ideal as is sharing two cars with said six. If you end up with one or two you don't get on with it can be difficult and stressful Clothing was either not supplied, eg, wet weather clothing for a particularly rainy season or, if lucky, passed on down from other previous coaches. Management were wither obsessed with solely making money or blaming you for their mistakes. Visas for continued work could be withdrawn with no reason given. Overall, not great.
Pros
Fulfilling coaching and improving the kids
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Ridiculous way to bring coaches from outside the US in treat them like an trash ! still don't believe how a company like there exists in USA. If you want to make the most stupid mistake in your life go work for this trash company ! the supervisors , directors etc believe that they know everything in this world ! totally shame ever
Pros
nothing is good
Cons
everything !
work more than you are paid for - there is no work/life balance as you work 7 days a week. do not have your own car - car share scheme with other people so either waiting to be picked up or pick up people 2 hours before you have to be in the office. DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Global Premier Soccer?
Trained in all competitive aspect of the game. Very knowledgeable about the rules , quiet the leader on or off the field. All of it plays an important part of who I am today as coach. Being able to share my passion with others , theres no better feeling in the world for me. Soccer is a game of opinions , and the most enjoyable part of trainings and game days are the parents happiness on how their kids are being manage and learning the game the right way .
Pros
Free Adidas gears
Cons
Mainly I had to create a weekly plan of conditioning for the youth players. I would get to the field, collect and arrange the practice at least 10 minutes before the beginning of practice. I learned a lot about responsibility and practice structure. My coworkers and manager were great. I did not find any part of my job hard, the only aspect I found a bit challenging is finding relevant yet successful fitness programs for my youth players. The most enjoyable part is seeing the work you put into the kids on the field during the game. As well as being a good influence on these youth players on and off the field.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
The best part is to work with the kids and teams. However the organization, the head of the Carolinas is very bad. Long hours... Start the day at 8 am. You get home at 11 pm... No benefits.
The owners leader by example everyday, they hold their employees to a very high standard. it impressed me that they never asked their employees to do something each owner would not do themselves.
Pros
great leadership
As a big soccer club/business, it may not be the most organized club. Sometimes, things are done last minute. You will have long days, long weeks, long months. There is barely time off during the season or off season, just a few days. However, working with kids the way it is done in this club is an unreal experience that you will never find anywhere else. The relationship you build with players and families is very valuable and close. Salary wise, they offer competitive wages and they cover -in most cases- housing and transportation.
Pros
Decent salary, transportation&housing provided, fun job
Cons
No time off
Franchised company so every state or region operated in will be different. Not much in put from organisation as a whole.
Pros
Visit America
Cons
Working Conditions
A typical day at GPS would see you arrive at work around 10am and work until about 3pm before travelling to the football fields and coaching from 5pm until 8pm and returning home around 9pm. I learned a lot about how a massive company and business is run and learnt a lot in the football side of things. The management were good and easy to get along with but their inability to deal with issues was concerning. Most of the co-workers were great but having to live with most of them it was frustrating. The hardest part of the job was being on the go for 12 hours everyday and arriving home very late and not having much free time. The most enjoyable part was seeing the players develop and progress.
Pros
Coaching young kids and seeing them develop.
Cons
Long days and little rest.
I am an International Student from England, with 5 years’ coaching experience and also playing at a D1 collegiate level, on a 4-year full scholarship, leading my team to a National Championship and receiving the First Team All American Award; I am adept in team training, strategy development, and community relations. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has offered me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate communication and time management abilities, I excel at: • Managing team bookings, such as hotels and flights. • Ensuring team displays respect to all opponents, officials, and facilities. • Drilling student athletes in offensive and defensive strategies. • Working with coaching staff to assess reports and opponent strategies. • Understanding rules and regulations
GPS is a rapidly expanding company in the youth soccer market. Mainly employing European coaches on work visas and regional coaches
RecibĂ­a correos de los entrenadores de la zona de la que me ocupaba pidiendome consejo o sesiones de entrenamiento para mejorar las cualidades y/o aptitudes de los jugadores por parte sus respectivos entrenadores,y por las tardes poniamos en practica mis sujerencias.
Pros
Grandes personas y gran experiencia. Superacion de un gran reto.
Cons
Largos trayectos de ciudad a ciudad.
Working for Global Premier Soccer was an amazing experience as i got the chance to live and work in America whilst coaching football. The co-workers where similar age and they were friendly, coaching children how to play football was a pleasure and the children were always interested and willing to learn how to play football. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing everyone smiling and having a good time at the end of the training practice, this showed to me that they were enjoying the practice, they where learning how to play football whist having fun.