Global Resource Solutions Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Security Escort (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 23, 2019
I enjoy my time working for GRS. They have a hands off approach and trust me to work the job with minimal management. I would recommend this to anyone who works security, great pay and hours.
Poor Treatment of Employees
Traffic Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2019
I am a former employee of Global Resource Solutions and I was on the security contract for Arlington National Cemetery. I began having problems when my government vehicle was taken away in order to cut costs and save money on gas. The traffic control contractors were then without a warming/break station and I was without a work space. I then had another incident where a higher-up supervisor was extremely rude to me during our first interaction and essentially spoke to me as if I had no experience with the nature of the work and belittled me in front of other employees and this happened twice in one day. There was another instance where a contractor under my supervision was removed from his post because of an administrative error he made by missing a name on the access list. I explained to my managers how this was the best man for the post and removing would had negative effects on the mission at the cemetery, I was ordered to remove him from post anyway. Soon after that occurrence I was written up for a disciplinary action in respect to equipment that I was never trained on, nor was aware that it was my responsibility to tend to since it was utilized by individuals outside my department and I had no way to transport said equipment since my vehicle was confiscated. This organization is a bureaucracy that does not care about people and takes advantage of employees who depend on this job for their own well-being by imposing absurd policies that change on a day to day basis. I would NEVER recommend to anyone to work for such an atrocious company and having an operation of this nature  more... function at Arlington National Cemetery is an embarrassment.  less
good place to work part time
Security Escort Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Great part-time job, but no guarantee of work hours as it depends on the job. It is contract work and the job entails working at local social security offices that are being renovated.
Pros
great job
Cons
not enough hours
Fun atsmophere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314September 17, 2018
Dailiy duties consist of sitting 6 and standing 2. Typing reports, visual security checks of incoming FedEx and UPS packages. Conducting hourly checks of building and its surroundings.
Pros
Free gym, meeting new people every day
Fun Work place
Visitor Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
I work at GRS as a DoD Contractor. The work is not very complicated but it requires a TS/SCI. Management is nice and usually will accommodate to your needs. The only cons I can find is that when hired they make it seem like this will be full time and you will make 40 hours a week but in my experience it was more like between 36 to 38. Also one the specific contract you are working on runs out or ends there is no guarantee that you will have work for a while. Although management promises to find some more work for you it isn't likely to happen for awhile. Hardest part is not being able to advance. I do enjoy going out to work location and having different day. But overall it a great place to work.
Pros
Working enviroment is relaxed, still will motivation to get your work completed
Cons
hours, No Overtime
Not Enough Work hours
Security Escort (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2018
The management is out-of-state, you can't get enough updates what going on with your current contract works in your local city and state area. You always hoping when you going back to work and have money to pay your bills. No you cannot survive perdiem and temporary jobs in a expensive Northeastern American city like Boston, Masschusetts.
Pros
Low-key, slow-paced job setting
Cons
Not enough hours, per diem, temporary for get about it, boring work setting
Small company
Sr. Security Control Assessor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2018
I found this company to be a little too small for my comfort. Once the contract ran out there was no other projects to work on. I believe this company all its work in San Antonio.
Senior Security Control Assessor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
Global resource solutions is a decent place to work. The management was ok and there opportunities for advancement, just not to the level that I was looking for.
Global Resource Solutions
Buisness Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2018
Very knowledgeable manager with the company. I was a contractor through GRS to another company. This place is the go to place for prior service members.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract
Relaxed Environment
Security Escort (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 4, 2018
The job was very easy for transitioning veterans and was very useful to help get back on your feet. It's a good paying job for what it is and is fun to work at.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Only on contract basis
Experience, Capabale, Ready, collaborative environment
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2018
I have had the pleasure of working at GRS for over 5 years. The position is challenging, good pace, and very diverse. The environment is collaborative, and we are always looking at new ways to improve processes, client support and employee support.
The management is excellent, the personnel are motivated and everyone has a stake.
I would recommend GRS to any client, potential employee, or teaming partner in the business.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Fast Pace Office
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
I would recommend GRS as a fair place to work with good benefits. There is never a typical day in the office, and the management is always available if you need something.
Hmmm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Its not a bad company to work for its more for younger generation those who are in school but does have a lot of project that you can get a lot of experience in different dept.
easy going work environment
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 11, 2017
great work environment, leadership could do a little better. really understaffed so hours are readily available if you want them. overall a great company to work for.
Worked in wearhouse 10 years. And 25 years in automotive
Hazmat delivery driver (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAJuly 23, 2017
Pull stock stack on plait's deliver produces to customer's. Load and unload trucks with forklifts. Management trusted us to do our job and left us alone.
They let us do are job with out looking over your shoulder
Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJune 26, 2017
G.R.S. is a very good company to work for because they really seem to care about there employs and treat them very one with respect they always very onsite.
Producted and fun work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 19, 2017
Enjoyed working here. It has a great working environment with confident trustworthy employees. A typical work day includes working with team members accomplishing great tasks.
Great Company to work for.
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
The job was very easy to do, nothing hard about the job.. Each day watched construction workers and kept them in approved areas unless they were escorted.
Enjoyed going to work each day.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Being a temp position, there were no benefits or per diem paid.
Nice team and supportive management team
SCRM Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 24, 2016
Flexible worktime 0600-1800
Small, close-knit team. Worked well together.
Very little micro-management. Very supportive of time off, good work/life balance.
Pros
Immediately vested 401K, that was a strong Pro
Cons
Na
Great mid-sized company
Supply Chain Risk Management Analyst (Site Lead) (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Great group of folks, they were there when I needed them and supportive of growth within the company as well as outside the company.
Pros
Good communication up and down the chain.
Cons
I don't have any.